Would you employ this manager?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let's summarise..

Fans were screaming for The Cowleys to come because of their Points Per Game record and results - We didn't take them on -  they went to Huddersfield and imploded in failure
Fans are screaming for Paul Cook because of his Points Per Game record and results - (even though he's never finished above mid-table in the championship)
Fans were absolutely LIVID at Garry Monk and wanted rid of him due to his points per game record and results

I put the points per game and results record of a managers last three games that show them to be way way WAYYYYYYY worse than the above three but that's the one you want?

AYE

ALREYT THEN

lol

GET DA FOOOOOOOK OUTTA HERE

I dont often agree with Neil but on the subject of Cook and Crowleys, I'm 100% behind him I just dont see the obsession with either

Cook is a journey man lower league manager, if we need to get out of league 1 or 2 then he should be an option but we're not 

Crowleys did well at non league level and had a few good cup runs that gained attention but failed at this level as have a lot of managers whos done the same would you take any of these Nigel Clough, Garry Johnson, John Beck, Gareth Ainsworth, Lawrie Sanchez, Gary Parkinson etc etc all did well lower down all failed when they moved up 

Just now, PARKOWL said:

I dont often agree with Neil but on the subject of Cook and Crowleys, I'm 100% behind him I just dont see the obsession with either

Cook is a journey man lower league manager, if we need to get out of league 1 or 2 then he should be an option but we're not 

Crowleys did well at non league level and had a few good cup runs that gained attention but failed at this level as have a lot of managers whos done the same would you take any of these Nigel Clough, Garry Johnson, John Beck, Gareth Ainsworth, Lawrie Sanchez, Gary Parkinson etc etc all did well lower down all failed when they moved up 

You can tell how badly the Cowley's failed by the absolute lack of calls for them right now from all those thousands of fans who were telling us how they were the ones to lead Sheffield Wednesday to greatness.

All those who called for the Cowleys are now calling for Paul Cook

Whilst at the same time totally avoiding the Cowley subject or denying they were ever that behind them coming

lol

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let's summarise..

Fans were screaming for The Cowleys to come because of their Points Per Game record and results - We didn't take them on -  they went to Huddersfield and imploded in failure

Fans are screaming for Paul Cook because of his Points Per Game record and results - (even though he's never finished above mid-table in the championship)

Fans were absolutely LIVID at Garry Monk and screaming for Chansiri to get rid of him due to his points per game record and results

I put the points per game and results record of a managers last three games that show them to be way way WAYYYYYYY worse than the above three but that's the one you want because of CONTEXT?

AYE

ALREYT THEN

lol

GET DA FOOOOOOOK OUTTA HERE

I was one of those who would have seriously thought about giving it to the Cowleys last time.
I would not say the 'imploded in failure' as Huddersfield stopped up.
Think people were a bit surprised they left Huddersfield so soon although yes you maybe think it might have been too big for them.
Only time I think they had been involved in professional football was a couple of seasons at Lincoln.

Paul Cook been in professional football his whole working life.
Used to be a thing for clubs like Wednesday to give a chance to a lower league manager who had done well (with mixed results I agree).

Appointing a good manager is a mixture of judgement, luck and timing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Guest Grandad

What about a management duo?

This guy...

image.png.ca060c6c6515c12a3ba6398f734ab155.png

Working with this guy...

image.png.00670dbf82a603b36462e4d9ff4235bb.png

They've worked together before? Both out of work and ready to start immediately

Edited by Grandad

6 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Ryan Lowe?

Yep

We either go big with an established manager who isn't in work or go for a younger upcoming one.

No inbetweeners like Jos or Monk.

Lowe would walk it from Plymouth.

The Argyle fans are hoping we don't approach as they know he would want it.

And guess what... instead of bile they would be happy for him and appreciative of what he has done.

Fans eh...

Fickle blighters...!

• Love 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, Grandad said:

This guy...

Working with this guy...

They've worked together before?

(I should say - I hope you're ok with me posting this Student Owl? :rolleyes:)

2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

So why were you backing Monk when a lot were saying get rid as his record is awful? 

Just now, Plonk said:

Whoa. This from the guy who has spent the last six months saying monks previous failures are irrelevant. Come on mate. 

Let's stick to the topic though

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's stick to the topic though

We are. Why are you allowed to use something we all got hammered for suggesting? Maybe I should just pick two games he won to show what a great manager he is?

Guest Grandad
14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

This guy...

Working with this guy...

They've worked together before? Both out of work and ready to start immediately

Pulis & Megson