Westwood

Guest whowantstoberich

I really don’t get the drama around wanting Westwood, in his last games for us he was dreadful. And goalkeeping is probably the least of our worries tbh.

Once again, Wednesday fans look at a player with the haze of nostalgia and fondness and not in the cold light of day. His last 15/20 performances for us were appalling, and I suspect nearly a year of not playing won't have worked wonders to turn that around.

Make like Elsa. Let it go.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

That much of a disaster Bruce raved about him and gave him a 2yr deal.

Brilliant ,  Bruce raved about Odubajo and Borner 

Westwood would be excellent at running the clock down in the final minutes to see a game out, he took forever to do everything.  Trouble is he still did it when we were losing. 😃

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Once again, Wednesday fans look at a player with the haze of nostalgia and fondness and not in the cold light of day. His last 15/20 performances for us were appalling, and I suspect nearly a year of not playing won't have worked wonders to turn that around.

Make like Elsa. Let it go.

While ever he's contracted we should look to integrate him in the squad.

If he fails to make the team due to being unable to get fit, or even makes the side but puts in poor performances then so be it; he's out of contract next summer anyway.

But he should be given an opportunity to help the team get points this season. It's just being pragmatic. Beyond this season we should be looking at a longer term option.