Alex Miller - 91 : The real inside story of the 1990/91 season - please read

Just now, danblakemore said:

Best season of my lifetime.

That first home game verse Hull, incredible.

Also, getting on the pitch when we won at home to Bristol City.

Chelsea semi's...

Great memories

Oh yes I remember being part of the pitch invasion v Bristol City and running past the North Stand where some nice looking girls from my School were shouting my name and waving at me. Felt a million dollars!!!

• Like 1

I think t was Blackburn at home, but me memories crap....Sheridan had been getting unjustified abuse for a few games, and t was totally getting on my nerves...He scored in front of the kop and I went ballistic!!!....

Wembley...Hardly lifted my eyes from the terrace from the minute we scored....apart from when...i think it was an inflatable dolphin hit me on the head....

Amazing season. I had my first season ticket on Kop as a 16 yr old.. Ipswich away was a brilliant day. The Coventry Qtr final game was postponed, had to sit in their end when it got played. More Wednesday fans sat with us than Cov fans. The Semi against Chelsea and all them teddy bears! Cockney copper said why is everyone throwing teddies about? Didn’t know why myself. Always thought it would be like this 😂

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I remember the away leg of Semi Final v Chelsea was a noon day Kick off on a Sunday.
Remember the coach I was on was full of people from my School, fantastic day with us winning.
First time I had ever been to London.

It was indeed a noon kick off which was gutting for me as I had two tickets but the earliest train out of York on a Sunday morning was 10:00am meaning I would never get there in time.

Was in the pub the night before and me and my mate thought sod it we'll drive down.  So we got up at 4:00am and drove all the way down at no more than 60mph in my clapped out Ford Fiesta.

Had no idea where we were going once we got off the M1 and immediately took the wrong turning but fortunatley another car full of Wednesday fans spotted us and beeped and we then followed them all the way in to the ground.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 22:32, Ozymandias Owl said:

When this goal went in against Peter Shilton from John Harked I started to believe we were going to win the League Cup

And then Wilson scored this one in the semi final. It was surely our year...

And when Sheridan scored thst goal in the Final. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but 2nd Division Wednesday were clearly the better footballing team again that day, by a mile.

No big time Charlie's in that team. They worked on that style of play, and we were even prepared to accept relegation with Big Ron from the 1st Division as the style of play always promised we would progress, and the 3-2 defeats would turn into 4-1 victory's.

David Hirt's hatrick against Hull City at the start of that season was really the start of it. Every season for the last 25 years has been painful to watch because of what happened in the 90-91 season...

When he's finished writing the book, they should make a film about it.

never get tired watching that Harkes goal and that 91 team was probably my favourite team of all time as a Wednesday fan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
On 10/11/2020 at 23:36, TaxiMark said:

My favourite season ever.

I also remember buying a ticket of a tout outside boundary park last game of the season as well - we were both up but we had also won the league Cup and really didn't have anything to play far apart from hand Oldham a last min pen to give them the title over West Ham.

Some absolute memories that season including sleeping in the wooden South stand after coming back from Portsmouth away when Carlton got sent off and subsequently missed the League Cup Final.

I got a ticket from a tout outside boundary park as well for 4 quid - 50p less than the ticket price. 2-0 up and lost 3-2.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I think t was Blackburn at home, but me memories crap....Sheridan had been getting unjustified abuse for a few games, and t was totally getting on my nerves...He scored in front of the kop and I went ballistic!!!....

One of the great nights at Hillsborough 

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 07:44, Sefton owl said:

Gutted as this was just before I was born. Always envious if my dad because I feel he saw much better Wednesday teams than me. Hopefully I’ll be able to see even better

True! He has seen better than you, but with Tony Pulis....

On 09/11/2020 at 17:09, @owlstalk said:

EmYEIanXUAEUba6.jpg

Off work this week but will be spending it in front of the laptop working on this bad boy. I’m looking for stories from supporters throughout the 90/91 season - from Ipswich to Wembley to Oldham and everywhere in between. Let’s have a chat.

If you have anything for Alex - you can PM him at @Toadie or tweet him 

Will never forget that Ipswich game. We got relocated to sit on the pitch behind the goal. Paul Williams, what a player and foil for Hirsty. Had a blinder that day. The away support was amazing, great day...

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 22:03, vulva said:

Best season in my lifetime. Absolutely brilliant. So many fantastic away games. Too many to choose from but Coventry away in the QF was epic. Seem to recall it got cancelled a couple of times before the game finally went ahead. What a night. 

It was absolutely Baltic that night,went to both derby game and cov game, I'm 46 and don't expect to see an owls side that good again in my lifetime.

On 10/11/2020 at 22:03, vulva said:

Best season in my lifetime. Absolutely brilliant. So many fantastic away games. Too many to choose from but Coventry away in the QF was epic. Seem to recall it got cancelled a couple of times before the game finally went ahead. What a night. 

At the end of the game  me and a mate were stood on our seats going mad hugging each other and jumping up and down, We fell over the back , I can still see the smile on the face of a Cov steward laughing at us. 

2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

At the end of the game  me and a mate were stood on our seats going mad hugging each other and jumping up and down, We fell over the back , I can still see the smile on the face of a Cov steward laughing at us. 

It was a great night. We’ve had bigger wins in bigger games but there was something about it. Coventry were a bit of a bogey side for us as well. 

On 11/11/2020 at 02:32, Utah Owl said:

Nothing beats seeing your team win at Wembley, absolutely nothing. Will always cherish that memory.

coming out , Man U fans saying it was a mickey mouse cup any way and they didnt want to win it . Funny they were so confident before kick  off!