Alex Miller - 91 : The real inside story of the 1990/91 season - please read

EmYEIanXUAEUba6.jpg

Off work this week but will be spending it in front of the laptop working on this bad boy. I’m looking for stories from supporters throughout the 90/91 season - from Ipswich to Wembley to Oldham and everywhere in between. Let’s have a chat.

If you have anything for Alex - you can PM him at @Toadie or tweet him 

Owlstalk Shop

Best season in my lifetime. Absolutely brilliant. So many fantastic away games. Too many to choose from but Coventry away in the QF was epic. Seem to recall it got cancelled a couple of times before the game finally went ahead. What a night. 

• Like 5

That season had everything was a proper laugh from plant  pub in Mexborough bus  'Ipswich away first match massive support what was never expected we all got moved in stand at side after sat behind goal when Hirst scored 'Notts county away crushed to fizz was first over fence due to crush'stuck at Chatsworth in  snow on m1 for Bristol city away for 9 hours'Pompey away then straight in q for cup final tickets 'Plymouth on a tuesday night then dropped off straight at work and to top it off locked up last game at oldham .

• Like 3

When this goal went in against Peter Shilton from John Harked I started to believe we were going to win the League Cup

And then Wilson scored this one in the semi final. It was surely our year...

And when Sheridan scored thst goal in the Final. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but 2nd Division Wednesday were clearly the better footballing team again that day, by a mile.

No big time Charlie's in that team. They worked on that style of play, and we were even prepared to accept relegation with Big Ron from the 1st Division as the style of play always promised we would progress, and the 3-2 defeats would turn into 4-1 victory's.

David Hirt's hatrick against Hull City at the start of that season was really the start of it. Every season for the last 25 years has been painful to watch because of what happened in the 90-91 season...

When he's finished writing the book, they should make a film about it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

My favourite season ever.

I also remember buying a ticket of a tout outside boundary park last game of the season as well - we were both up but we had also won the league Cup and really didn't have anything to play far apart from hand Oldham a last min pen to give them the title over West Ham.

Some absolute memories that season including sleeping in the wooden South stand after coming back from Portsmouth away when Carlton got sent off and subsequently missed the League Cup Final.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 22:25, pocklington owl said:

That season had everything was a proper laugh from plant  pub in Mexborough bus  'Ipswich away first match massive support what was never expected we all got moved in stand at side after sat behind goal when Hirst scored 'Notts county away crushed to fizz was first over fence due to crush'stuck at Chatsworth in  snow on m1 for Bristol city away for 9 hours'Pompey away then straight in q for cup final tickets 'Plymouth on a tuesday night then dropped off straight at work and to top it off locked up last game at oldham .

Would love to speak to you mate - drop us an email on alex.miller@jpimedia.co.uk and we'll sort it out?

I remember the away leg of Semi Final v Chelsea was a noon day Kick off on a Sunday.
Remember the coach I was on was full of people from my School, fantastic day with us winning.
First time I had ever been to London.

Also the first game v Ipswich when about twice as many Wednesday fans turned up then the Police were expecting.

• Like 1