Here is the reason Monk should be sacked.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bruce liked Westwood and told us in his press conferences that he wanted to keep him beyond the end of his contract. So it’s not exactly a conspiracy that he was offered a new contract lol

Chansiri literally said 3 days ago that the manager has final say on transfers and that’s why he doesn’t want to appoint a Director of football as he sees it as being under the managers remit

Stop being Naive.

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bruce liked Westwood and told us in his press conferences that he wanted to keep him beyond the end of his contract. So it’s not exactly a conspiracy that he was offered a new contract lol

Chansiri literally said 3 days ago that the manager has final say on transfers and that’s why he doesn’t want to appoint a Director of football as he sees it as being under the managers remit

see my reply to Emilienko;;;;

1 minute ago, parajack said:

I havnt seen that TBH final say in what though? an identified prepared alleged list of players provided by????? here you are Garry these are the players whose agents i have dealings with??(and who we can afford?)  which do you want to pursue/

have to dig into these things

Scraping the barrel of excuses now Jack.

12 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

alleged, is that what you're relyiing on now to excuse Monks relegation performances.

No alleged means ime unlikely to fall foul of libel laws if i make a mistake....

Edited by parajack

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

What cos you say so? your naive mate,of course monk is the front man for contracts,as was Bruce,and J,Carlos,os before him, etc  but are you seriously saying you think the managers have free rein in recruitment at S6 really? Bruce hinted he had,but guess what,Westwood got his contract under his rein didnt he? and that turned out well....

perhaps you would care to enlighten us on your source...if you think monk is in charge of recruitment?

Yeah. He says so. 
Same sh!t different thread.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Scraping the barrel of excuses now Jack.

Well i could say the same of you with your replies TBH...i think thats perfectly feasible,Q: do you believe Carlos was in charge of our recruitment after the failed play off Final? 

Q:Why do you think we didnt recruit in the area;s we needed? 

Q: was said recruitment a 'footballing decision'? or a 'business' decision?

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well i could say the same of you with your replies TBH...i think thats perfectly feasible,Q: do you believe Carlos was in charge of our recruitment after the failed play off Final? 

Q:Why do you think we didnt recruit in the area;s we needed? 

Q: was said recruitment a 'footballing decision'? or a 'business' decision?

Yes I do believe Carlos was in charge of recruitment after the failed playoffs. He got rid of the recruiting team and that’s where he failed miserably. He bought a team of back up players stating we need 2 men for every position. He should have bought players who improved the team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes I do believe Carlos was in charge of recruitment after the failed playoffs. He got rid of the recruiting team and that’s where he failed miserably. He bought a team of back up players stating we need 2 men for every position. He should have bought players who improved the team.

So you are saying he didn’t want to bring Rhodes to Hillsboro. Or did he recommend £9m for a back up player ? 

When did he dispose of the recruitment team ? Before or after signing David Jones, who was a back up player.

Im genuinely interested in how this played out.. 

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

My source is Garry Monk and Delphon Chansiri who have both stated Monk has the final say.

Could you enlighten us with proof otherwise?

1 hour ago, parajack said:

I havnt seen that TBH final say in what though? an identified prepared alleged list of players provided by????? here you are Garry these are the players whose agents i have dealings with??(and who we can afford?)  which do you want to pursue/

have to dig into these things

From an article in The Star a few weeks ago, Monk himself said he has the final say on signing players.

'Monk has spoken about the transfer process at Wednesday, explaining that while he has the final say on any incoming deal, much of the work is done ‘upstairs’ while he concentrates on the football'.

“It’s a normal process where I’ve worked,” he said. “You’re asked your opinion in terms of where you think your squad is at, what type of player, whether that be the manager designing the profile of what you’re looking for or the club having their own ideas on the recruitment side of things and asking your opinion of certain players.

“That’s what I’ve done at every club, I’ve never really got involved in the decision side of it. My job is to say yes or no; that’s a player we want or that’s a player we need.

“Then it’s up to the club to decide whether we can afford to do that, whether it fits within the parameters of the business side of it.”

The argument about who signs players is bizarre. I’m sure Monk would love to sign Van Dyke, but is it possible of course not. As all sides have repeatedly said there is a discussion about what is needed who is available and if we can afford him. Monk then has final say on which players we can sign. It’s quite straight forward.

Monk has the final say, so the book stops with him. If he is incapable of identifying a better CM the Pelepussy on a free transfer and x thousand pounds wages then he has to take responsibility. If he wants to play hoofball and says yes to a midget centre forward and a left back to play target man he has to take responsibility. 

• Like 2

I like how in the entirety of this debate about who has transfer control, not one person has considered maybe the 12-point deduction had a tiny bit of bearing on our recruitment. 

Maybe Monk doesn't play the new crap signings because they're crap and he knows it? Maybe the recruitment team and Monk were scraping the bottom of the barrel for their fifth/sixth choice because all the others were out of our financial remit and/or they wanted to play for a club that wasn't hamstrung and cut 12 point adrift before a ball was kicked?

At the end of the day, we knew players were leaving and we couldn't just not replace them. Let's embrace some occam's razor philosophy here... why does it have to be a conspiracy of who has control and did Monk really want them, when the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is that players are a wee bit put off about joining a club that has -12 and we needed the bodies on the pitch?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I like how in the entirety of this debate about who has transfer control, not one person has considered maybe the 12-point deduction had a tiny bit of bearing on our recruitment. 

Maybe Monk doesn't play the new crap signings because they're crap and he knows it? Maybe the recruitment team and Monk were scraping the bottom of the barrel for their fifth/sixth choice because all the others were out of our financial remit and/or they wanted to play for a club that wasn't hamstrung and cut 12 point adrift before a ball was kicked?

At the end of the day, we knew players were leaving and we couldn't just not replace them. Let's embrace some occam's razor philosophy here... why does it have to be a conspiracy of who has control and did Monk really want them, when the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is that players are a wee bit put off about joining a club that has -12 and we needed the bodies on the pitch?

Whilst I agree with some of that. It again comes down to square pegs in square holes. If he is going to play hoof ball at least bring in a big lad to play up top. Pointless buying four “strikers” none of whom can play that role. And why buy a centre half that we knew wouldn’t play until the new year. And then may not get back to his previous levels. No matter which way you dress it up or who you blame the recruitment has not been good. 
we were told we were getting rid of injury prone past it’s. We would get a new younger vibrant squad. We haven’t. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So you are saying he didn’t want to bring Rhodes to Hillsboro. Or did he recommend £9m for a back up player ? 

When did he dispose of the recruitment team ? Before or after signing David Jones, who was a back up player.

Im genuinely interested in how this played out.. 

Got rid of recruitment team December 2015