Here is the reason Monk should be sacked.

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

Got rid of recruitment team December 2015

So by your logic, in January 2017 he bought Winnall for a pittance and Rhodes for 9m  - who was back up for who ? Although we  already had an arsenal of forwards. Yet he didn’t get address much needed back up for other positions.

Having got this autonomy over recruitment his next major recruitment is who ? Boyd ? Venancio ? 

Doesn’t add up.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Its well known that Chansiri bought Rhodes are seeing the fans saying we should sign him online?

In the same way DC said he sold Jack Hunt because the fans didn't like him

Genuinely interested if you have link to either of those claims.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Its well known that Chansiri bought Rhodes are seeing the fans saying we should sign him online?

I think you are right that Rhodes was a vanity signing by Chansiri.
But can never understand why he was persuaded to buy a player because fans online were  clamouring for him online but was never took any notice of people saying ticket prices were too high.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I think both are prime examples of people believing anythng they're told

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So by your logic, in January 2017 he bought Winnall for a pittance and Rhodes for 9m  - who was back up for who ? Although we  already had an arsenal of forwards. Yet he didn’t get address much needed back up for other positions.

Having got this autonomy over recruitment his next major recruitment is who ? Boyd ? Venancio ? 

Doesn’t add up.

Not making sense here Tibbsy

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

So if, as stated earlier on here, the recruitment team was binned off, CC was still not making the final decision on who we signed. 

My view is that Rhodes was never on CCs shopping list. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I believe I saw both those on here out of one of the DC meeting threads.

Living in waaaay down in east london makes it a little hard to actually keep up with whats happening at the club and who / what to believe 

Living in Sheffield doesn't make it much easier to be fair mate

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

But can never understand why he was persuaded to buy a player because fans online were  clamouring for him online but was never took any notice of people saying ticket prices were too high.

At the time absolutely nobody was clamouring for Jordan Rhodes

There were no posts, no tweets, no facebook posts asking for him to come to SWFC at all

none

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Read your own posts, see if they make sense. I doubt you can keep up with yourself.  As I’ve said before, I don’t take anything you say seriously, you’re just a wind up merchant

Regards

Tibbsy.

You keep the faith Tibbsy

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Narcissism maybe?, It does always seem to be someone else's fault

He really signed a player for £10million pounds that was inevitably going to make us fail FFP, the failures absolutely lie with Chansiri and whoever was advising him (hired by Chansiri), to try and blame that on the fans is such a cowardly mentality, I don't remember being sent my polling card.

A lot of people born into wealth show this trait, something about being born on third base and being convinced you hit a triple. 

Some mental gymnastics where they see they have more than everyone else and believe it's because they're fundamentally better, at everything, to keep up this delusion everything gets blamed on others.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think it’s just another example of our owners naivety.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I like how in the entirety of this debate about who has transfer control, not one person has considered maybe the 12-point deduction had a tiny bit of bearing on our recruitment. 

Maybe Monk doesn't play the new crap signings because they're crap and he knows it? Maybe the recruitment team and Monk were scraping the bottom of the barrel for their fifth/sixth choice because all the others were out of our financial remit and/or they wanted to play for a club that wasn't hamstrung and cut 12 point adrift before a ball was kicked?

At the end of the day, we knew players were leaving and we couldn't just not replace them. Let's embrace some occam's razor philosophy here... why does it have to be a conspiracy of who has control and did Monk really want them, when the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is that players are a wee bit put off about joining a club that has -12 and we needed the bodies on the pitch?

I'm on board with this

Just for a minute, maybe, there was a list prepared of players who would come to us and players who would if we did not have a points deduction

There is a possibility that Monk has budget left but did not want to spunk it on the first list when come January he would have a better pot to pick from if we were further up the table.

It's difficult looking to the future, both now and at the beginning of the season, but maybe Monk backed himself in this respect and the team at his disposal to move up the table to then sign a better crop of players come next transfer window

This may seem like arrogance on his part and is entirely hypothetical 

Note - I am not saying that we have performed majestically this season with our current crop of players! 

32 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm on board with this

Just for a minute, maybe, there was a list prepared of players who would come to us and players who would if we did not have a points deduction

There is a possibility that Monk has budget left but did not want to spunk it on the first list when come January he would have a better pot to pick from if we were further up the table.

It's difficult looking to the future, both now and at the beginning of the season, but maybe Monk backed himself in this respect and the team at his disposal to move up the table to then sign a better crop of players come next transfer window

This may seem like arrogance on his part and is entirely hypothetical 

Note - I am not saying that we have performed majestically this season with our current crop of players! 

It would be more productive if we all got board with what this is. 
In short, an uphill battle. There’s plenty to speculate about, things that the fans can’t control. 
But even though most accept this, every week there’s a Monk out thread, despite the owner making it clear he’s behind Monk. 
And if they get their wish, based on the past 5 years, do supporters really believe things will drastically improve. 
Marquee signings are not queueing up to join us, on the pitch and in the technical area.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It would be more productive if we all got board with what this is. 
In short, an uphill battle. There’s plenty to speculate about, things that the fans can’t control. 
But even though most accept this, every week there’s a Monk out thread, despite the owner making it clear he’s behind Monk. 
And if they get their wish, based on the past 5 years, do supporters really believe things will drastically improve. 
Marquee signings are not queueing up to join us, on the pitch and in the technical area.

I wish we could just get one marquee signing though

Even a player like Jermaine Johnson to get us up out  of our seats when he gets the ball

Even if he launches the ball onto the kop roof at the end of his run

lol

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

So Monk has been awful since last Xmas and under any competent owner would have been replaced months ago.

Then I read on here we cannot use last season stats as an excuse to sack Mnok - god knows why not - Had we got promoted last season them lost the first 8 games in the Premier league would Monk be using last season promotion as a reason to give him time or saying based on this season he should be sacked.

For me we have now played 11 games, winning just 3 or a win percentage of 27% (taking 12 points out of 33 - 36% of the points on offer). if we did not have the points deduction we would be in 21st place above the bottom 3 by 4 points. Can anyone honestly tell me this is the club progressing - we continue to go backwards.

We have a team that struggle to score goals, that struggle to defend, have regularly 5 or 6 players under performing every game. We stubble from one crisis to the next, yet are charge some of the highest prices in the league for tickets and merchandise. To then be told we pay for nothing. Yet when fans cannot attend games the chairman takes out loans against the stadium to pay the bills. Not the actions of someone who does not need the fans income. 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2020 at 12:54, royalowlisback said:

The 22nd December 2019.

That was the date that we last had back to back league wins. We beat Bristol City 1-0 at Hillsborough, 8 days after beating Forest 4-0 at the City Ground.

That is almost a year ago, and we have played 34 league games since.

That is a shocking statistic, which in no way can be defended, you would think that even the most crappy manager, could eke out 2 wins in a row.

Shocking, absolutely bloody shocking, scandalous, sack the sad sack immediately! Or I'm sending "The Realist" round!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish we could just get one marquee signing though

Even a player like Jermaine Johnson to get us up out  of our seats when he gets the ball

Even if he launches the ball onto the kop roof at the end of his run

lol

If one of our player’s shots goes on the kop roof, I nominate Chansiri to fetch it. Every time.