Here is the reason Monk should be sacked.

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Realistically how much would it have costed to offer him what he wanted. Would imagine he’d be on less than he was on his last contract. Say it’s 25k a week rather than 30-35k before. 

we pay half a million for Paterson and then probably pay him at least 10k a week. 

it’s basically the same cost for the year and Fletcher is a far better player 

No it’s not in FFP world. Transfer fees are  amortised over the length of the contract. Therefore 10k per week is 520k per year. Plus 500k / 3 (166,666) + £686,666. £25k per week is 1.3m per year. 35k per week is 1.8m per year   
I don’t believe Fletcher has taken a pay cut at Stoke. You may have proof to the contrary. Either way. This is the reality of FFP.

Guest LondonOwl313
56 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

No it’s not in FFP world. Transfer fees are  amortised over the length of the contract. Therefore 10k per week is 520k per year. Plus 500k / 3 (166,666) + £686,666. £25k per week is 1.3m per year. 35k per week is 1.8m per year   
I don’t believe Fletcher has taken a pay cut at Stoke. You may have proof to the contrary. Either way. This is the reality of FFP.

I wasn’t even thinking in terms of FFP because I don’t think we’re anywhere near the loss limit for the last 3 seasons now the stadium sale should be in the 2018/19 accounts. Was only thinking in cash terms. Not sure re his wages but just assumed he’d be looking at less than he was on here but quite a bit more than what we offered him to stay 

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Monks style of play is awful and attritional.. only works if you can have a strong defence and a consistent target man. No other way of playing 

his first 17 games were unimpressive but we picked up points because Fletcher was on fire

Since he got injured and then left we’ve been dreadful and Monk doesn’t try something new despite it not working for 34 games!

however half our fan base are happy that Fletcher left because they judge players on age rather than ability. They’d rather have a team of 25 year olds who run about a lot but are rubbish than a team of 30 year olds who can play to a high level. It’s weird

Fletcher is a massive miss and looks to be doing well at Stoke

5 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

The 22nd December 2019.

That was the date that we last had back to back league wins. We beat Bristol City 1-0 at Hillsborough, 8 days after beating Forest 4-0 at the City Ground.

That is almost a year ago, and we have played 34 league games since.

That is a shocking statistic, which in no way can be defended, you would think that even the most crappy manager, could eke out 2 wins in a row.

Not true.

It could be defended if you won every other game.

50% win rate but no back to back wins.

3 hours ago, GLOwl said:

So you do agree that we did well for 20 minutes yesterday then.

I’m not saying we’re good in front of goal (we need to get much better in this area which is the weakest part of our game at the moment, as I’ve just said in another thread) what I am saying, going back to my original comment, in response to your comment that the current style of play bores you to death, is that we played really good football for 20 minutes against millwall and the game against Bournemouth. Those cant be classed as boring, we played really good football (apart from the finishing obviously).

Dress it up as much as you want, we have been sheite all season. Cannot believe standards for some people are so low

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

The 22nd December 2019.

That was the date that we last had back to back league wins. We beat Bristol City 1-0 at Hillsborough, 8 days after beating Forest 4-0 at the City Ground.

That is almost a year ago, and we have played 34 league games since.

That is a shocking statistic, which in no way can be defended, you would think that even the most crappy manager, could eke out 2 wins in a row.

YAWN....how about we sack the sh**e players instead?....This season will be ugly,seat of the pants football,with little joy.....that much is evident....we must stick with monk & hope he can keep us in the Championship now we are no longer minus....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Dress it up as much as you want, we have been sheite all season. Cannot believe standards for some people are so low

You’re not responding to what I said. Please go back and re-read before responding again.

My standards are high btw.

Yesterday was the final straw for me. Such a positive week and yet we were so negative and clueless in the first half. Literally drained me of any enthusiasm and drove me to alcohol.

Monkball is bad for my health

Awful, boring, arrogant manager with zero game plan and no team identity.

We are desperate for a proper leader

I think Ryan Lowe would be a great shout

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ almighty

YEY!! WE GOT AN 'AGENDA' POST!!!

3 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Sorry, gone straight over my head that one. You’re going to have to spell it out for me.

Must be sleeping off the latest bender 🍻😂

15 minutes ago, parajack said:

This season will be ugly,seat of the pants football,with little joy.....that much is evident....we must stick with monk & hope he can keep us in the Championship

Why must we stick with Monk?

The only possible reason I can see is that Mr C doesn't want to pay GM and his mates off.

It can't be that he's done such a good job for the past year.

• Like 2

Seem to have new topics each day on here coming at it from a slightly different angle each time about how bad we are and how Monk should go. 

It has become an obsession for some people that Monk is the only thing stopping Wednesday being a top side.

I wouldnt argue if we moved Monk on, been woeful since Christmas but have no real enthusiasm we can attract anyone half decent and our squad is lower mid table at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Seem to have new topics each day on here coming at it from a slightly different angle each time about how bad we are and how Monk should go. 

It has become an obsession for some people that Monk is the only thing stopping Wednesday being a top side.

I wouldnt argue if we moved Monk on, been woeful since Christmas but have no real enthusiasm we can attract anyone half decent and our squad is lower mid table at best.

Agree

Issue is - if we replace Monk with someone only good enough to keep us up this season - what about next season?

Will we be wanting them sacked next season too?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, parajack said:

YAWN....how about we sack the sh**e players instead?....This season will be ugly,seat of the pants football,with little joy.....that much is evident....we must stick with monk & hope he can keep us in the Championship now we are no longer minus....

The reason the players are sh**e is Garry Monk and his turgid anti-football.

The squad we have should get us comfortably in mid table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Fletcher is a massive miss and looks to be doing well at Stoke

Fletcher will be injured for half a season and never score more then 12-13 goals.....He will slowly turn into big Dave this season off the bench for last 25MINS.....

HOOPER MRK II

Both ok players 

Both treatment table for 24 games....

7 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Fletcher will be injured for half a season and never score more then 12-13 goals.....He will slowly turn into big Dave this season off the bench for last 25MINS.....

HOOPER MRK II

Both ok players 

Both treatment table for 24 games....

Fletcher will score more goals than all our strikers put together wether he gets injured or not.

• Like 1