Here is the reason Monk should be sacked.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So by your logic, in January 2017 he bought Winnall for a pittance and Rhodes for 9m  - who was back up for who ? Although we  already had an arsenal of forwards. Yet he didn’t get address much needed back up for other positions.

Having got this autonomy over recruitment his next major recruitment is who ? Boyd ? Venancio ? 

Doesn’t add up.

Exactly the point i was alluding to,if it looks like a duck,& it quacks like a duck.....why on earth would we as a club ignore the obvious deficiency in our squad to bring in players in positions we already had in abundance?...doesn't make sense,correct....so the answer therefor according to Sherlock Holmes,when you have eliminated all the other possibilities,is the remaining answer you have left,must allegedly be right....

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

So Monk has been awful since last Xmas and under any competent owner would have been replaced months ago.

Then I read on here we cannot use last season stats as an excuse to sack Mnok - god knows why not - Had we got promoted last season them lost the first 8 games in the Premier league would Monk be using last season promotion as a reason to give him time or saying based on this season he should be sacked.

For me we have now played 11 games, winning just 3 or a win percentage of 27% (taking 12 points out of 33 - 36% of the points on offer). if we did not have the points deduction we would be in 21st place above the bottom 3 by 4 points. Can anyone honestly tell me this is the club progressing - we continue to go backwards.

We have a team that struggle to score goals, that struggle to defend, have regularly 5 or 6 players under performing every game. We stubble from one crisis to the next, yet are charge some of the highest prices in the league for tickets and merchandise. To then be told we pay for nothing. Yet when fans cannot attend games the chairman takes out loans against the stadium to pay the bills. Not the actions of someone who does not need the fans income. 

The reason people ask others not to include last seasons stats is because of the multiple things(often quoted) out of monks control that contributed/caused the slump.....

16 hours ago, Blue and white said:

So in other words I was right.

Theres a first time for everything,this isnt it:

Garry Alan Monk (born 6 March 1979) is an English football manager and former professional player who played as a centre back, and is the manager of Championship club Sheffield Wednesday. His managerial career includes spells at Swansea City, Leeds United, Middlesbrough and Birmingham City.

He played for Swansea City in all four divisions of professional football from 2004 to 2014, for the majority of that time as captain. He played 270 matches for Swansea in all competitions over ten seasons, and was part of their team which won the 2013 Football League Cup Final.

....https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/garry-monk/spielertransfers/trainer/33665

On 4 February 2014, Monk was appointed by chairman Huw Jenkins as interim player-manager following the sacking of manager Michael Laudrup.[24] His first match in charge was the South Wales derby on 8 February against Cardiff City, which Swansea won 3–0 with all three goals scored in the second half. After finishing second in theirA behin Europa League Group d Valencia, Monk's Swansea reached the round of 32, in which they were knocked out by Rafa Benítez's Napoli side after losing 3–1 on aggregate.[25]

Swansea survived a relegation battle and secured safety with one match to spare.[26]

Monk became the permanent manager of Swansea City on 7 May 2014, signing a three-year contract.[27]

In the opening match of the 2014–15 season, Monk led Swansea to a 2–1 away win against Manchester United, the club's first ever league win at Old Trafford.[28] The Swans continued their positive start to the league season with two home wins against Burnley and West Bromwich Albion, a run of results which saw Swansea sit joint top of the Premier League table and Monk pick up the Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

Leeds United[edit]

On 2 June 2016, Monk was appointed head coach of Championship club Leeds United on a one-year rolling contract, replacing previous head coach Steve Evans.[36]

Monk made his first signing as Leeds head coach on 28 June 2016, with the addition of Swedish striker Marcus Antonsson for a fee around £2 million.[37][38] On 7 August, Monk's first match in charge of Leeds was against Q.P.R. in a 3–0 defeat on the opening day of The Championship season.[39][40] Monk's first victory came in the following match on 10 August with a 5–4 penalty shootout victory for Leeds after a 2–2 draw after extra time against Fleetwood Town.[

In November 2016, after guiding Leeds to sixth place and into the Championship play-off positions and also the quarter finals of the EFL League Cup, Monk was nominated for the Championship Manager of the Month award for October; however, he narrowly missed out with the award going to Newcastle United's Rafa Benitez.[

On 29 November 2016, Monk's Leeds were knocked out of the EFL Cup after losing a quarter-final match against Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool at Anfield in a 2–0 defeat, however Leeds had put on an impressive performance against the then Premier League leaders[44] After beating Brentford 1–0 on 17 December, Monk's Leeds were 5th in the playoff positions in the Championship during Christmas 2016, which had been their highest position at this time of the season since Simon Grayson's Leeds side in 2010.

After making several changes to his team, Monk's Leeds side suffered a shock FA Cup exit on 29 January 2017 to the hands of Sutton United after suffering a 1–0 defeat.[45] On 27 February, Monk received a touchline ban after a pitchside spat with Huddersfield Town manager David Wagner, with Monk blocking Wagner's run, after Wagner ran across the pitch to celebrate a goal with his players, the spat started a pitch side tussle between players and staff of both clubs.

After beating Brighton 2–0 on 19 March 2017, Leeds were firmly in the playoff positions and in the hunt for automatic promotion, having pulled 11 points clear of 7th place.[48] However, after a dramatic loss of form in the final 8 matches of the season, Leeds mathematically missed out on the playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place after being overtaken by Fulham.[49]

After the takeover of Leeds by Andrea Radrizzani two days earlier,[50] and the day before Leeds were set to activate a 1-year contract extension with the option of exploring a longer-term deal, on 25 May, Monk resigned as Leeds United head coach, with Radrizzani saying that Monk's decision to quit the club had been a 'shock'

Monk was appointed manager of Championship club Birmingham City on 4 March 2018. He signed a three-and-a-half-year deal, and became Birmingham's fifth permanent manager in 15 months.[68][69] With the team in danger of relegation, he led them to five wins out of the eleven matches remaining;[70] a final-day defeat of promotion candidates Fulham secured a 19th-place finish. In his post-match interview, Monk insisted that the habitual struggle against relegation was unacceptable, he would be "relentless" in raising the mentality throughout the club, and "whoever is not on board with that won't be here."[71]

He excluded several players, including both senior goalkeepers, from consideration for the 2018–19 first team.[72] Operating under an EFL-imposed business plan and with a likely points deduction pending for the club's breaches of the league's Profitability and Sustainability rules,[73] Monk was able to sign one player for a fee and up to five loans or free transfers on wages pitched at a "debilitating" level.[74] After a slow start to the season, four wins in October earned Monk a nomination as Championship Manager of the Month as the team rose to ninth in the table.[75] According to the Birmingham Mail, he turned them into "a side vastly superior than the sum of its parts" 

That is a summary of monks career and there is PLENTY of quality & success in it.....both as a player,and a manager...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

From an article in The Star a few weeks ago, Monk himself said he has the final say on signing players.

'Monk has spoken about the transfer process at Wednesday, explaining that while he has the final say on any incoming deal, much of the work is done ‘upstairs’ while he concentrates on the football'.

“It’s a normal proces I’ves where I’ve worked,” he said. “You’re asked your opinion in terms of where you think your squad is at, what type of player, whether that be the manager designing the profile of what you’re looking for or the club having their own ideas on the recruitment side of things and asking your opinion of certain players.

“That’s what I’ve done at every club, I’ve never really got involved in the decision side of it. My job is to say yes or no; that’s a player we want or that’s a player we need.

“Then it’s up to the club to decide whether we can afford to do that, whether it fits within the parameters of the business side of it.”

???   I’ve never really got involved in the decision side of it.   How do you feel that comment from GM supports your statement?

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Garry Alan Monk (born 6 March 1979) is an English football manager and former professional player who played as a centre back, and is the manager of Championship club Sheffield Wednesday. His managerial career includes spells at Swansea City, Leeds United, Middlesbrough and Birmingham City.

He played for Swansea City in all four divisions of professional football from 2004 to 2014, for the majority of that time as captain. He played 270 matches for Swansea in all competitions over ten seasons, and was part of their team which won the 2013 Football League Cup Final.

On 4 February 2014, Monk was appointed by chairman Huw Jenkins as interim player-manager following the sacking of manager Michael Laudrup.[24] His first match in charge was the South Wales derby on 8 February against Cardiff City, which Swansea won 3–0 with all three goals scored in the second half. After finishing second in theirA behin Europa League Group d Valencia, Monk's Swansea reached the round of 32, in which they were knocked out by Rafa Benítez's Napoli side after losing 3–1 on aggregate.[25]

Swansea survived a relegation battle and secured safety with one match to spare.[26]

Monk became the permanent manager of Swansea City on 7 May 2014, signing a three-year contract.[27]

In the opening match of the 2014–15 season, Monk led Swansea to a 2–1 away win against Manchester United, the club's first ever league win at Old Trafford.[28] The Swans continued their positive start to the league season with two home wins against Burnley and West Bromwich Albion, a run of results which saw Swansea sit joint top of the Premier League table and Monk pick up the Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

Leeds United[edit]

On 2 June 2016, Monk was appointed head coach of Championship club Leeds United on a one-year rolling contract, replacing previous head coach Steve Evans.[36]

Monk made his first signing as Leeds head coach on 28 June 2016, with the addition of Swedish striker Marcus Antonsson for a fee around £2 million.[37][38] On 7 August, Monk's first match in charge of Leeds was against Q.P.R. in a 3–0 defeat on the opening day of The Championship season.[39][40] Monk's first victory came in the following match on 10 August with a 5–4 penalty shootout victory for Leeds after a 2–2 draw after extra time against Fleetwood Town.[

In November 2016, after guiding Leeds to sixth place and into the Championship play-off positions and also the quarter finals of the EFL League Cup, Monk was nominated for the Championship Manager of the Month award for October; however, he narrowly missed out with the award going to Newcastle United's Rafa Benitez.[

On 29 November 2016, Monk's Leeds were knocked out of the EFL Cup after losing a quarter-final match against Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool at Anfield in a 2–0 defeat, however Leeds had put on an impressive performance against the then Premier League leaders[44] After beating Brentford 1–0 on 17 December, Monk's Leeds were 5th in the playoff positions in the Championship during Christmas 2016, which had been their highest position at this time of the season since Simon Grayson's Leeds side in 2010.

After making several changes to his team, Monk's Leeds side suffered a shock FA Cup exit on 29 January 2017 to the hands of Sutton United after suffering a 1–0 defeat.[45] On 27 February, Monk received a touchline ban after a pitchside spat with Huddersfield Town manager David Wagner, with Monk blocking Wagner's run, after Wagner ran across the pitch to celebrate a goal with his players, the spat started a pitch side tussle between players and staff of both clubs.

After beating Brighton 2–0 on 19 March 2017, Leeds were firmly in the playoff positions and in the hunt for automatic promotion, having pulled 11 points clear of 7th place.[48] However, after a dramatic loss of form in the final 8 matches of the season, Leeds mathematically missed out on the playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place after being overtaken by Fulham.[49]

After the takeover of Leeds by Andrea Radrizzani two days earlier,[50] and the day before Leeds were set to activate a 1-year contract extension with the option of exploring a longer-term deal, on 25 May, Monk resigned as Leeds United head coach, with Radrizzani saying that Monk's decision to quit the club had been a 'shock'

Monk was appointed manager of Championship club Birmingham City on 4 March 2018. He signed a three-and-a-half-year deal, and became Birmingham's fifth permanent manager in 15 months.[68][69] With the team in danger of relegation, he led them to five wins out of the eleven matches remaining;[70] a final-day defeat of promotion candidates Fulham secured a 19th-place finish. In his post-match interview, Monk insisted that the habitual struggle against relegation was unacceptable, he would be "relentless" in raising the mentality throughout the club, and "whoever is not on board with that won't be here."[71]

He excluded several players, including both senior goalkeepers, from consideration for the 2018–19 first team.[72] Operating under an EFL-imposed business plan and with a likely points deduction pending for the club's breaches of the league's Profitability and Sustainability rules,[73] Monk was able to sign one player for a fee and up to five loans or free transfers on wages pitched at a "debilitating" level.[74] After a slow start to the season, four wins in October earned Monk a nomination as Championship Manager of the Month as the team rose to ninth in the table.[75] According to the Birmingham Mail, he turned them into "a side vastly superior than the sum of its parts" 

That is a summary of monks career and there is PLENTY of quality & success in it.....both as a player,and a manager...

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

???   I’ve never really got involved in the decision side of it.   How do you feel that comment from GM supports your statement?

What statement? I'm just quoting the article in which Alex Miller says.

"he has the final say on any incoming deal"

And Monk says;

"My job is to say yes or no; that’s a player we want or that’s a player we need."

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

What statement? I'm just quoting the article in which Alex Miller says.

And Monk says;

"My job is to say yes or no; that’s a player we want or that’s a player we need."

This statement:(from you) '

From an article in The Star a few weeks ago, Monk himself said he has the final say on signing players.'   You quoted one sentence from the article,i quoted another and asked you a Q?

1 minute ago, parajack said:

This statement:(from you) '

From an article in The Star a few weeks ago, Monk himself said he has the final say on signing players.'   You quoted one sentence from the article,i quoted another and asked you a Q?

I would say that's clear he has a say on signing players.

Confirmed by the journalist.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I would say that's clear he has a say on signing players.

Confirmed by the journalist.

But from what pool? i read the article as he tells A.N.other what type of player he is looking for,and he is than given a choice of whats available to talk to,after wages etc are permed in....so in that terms of ref,he has the final say,on someone elses choices? if he agrees they come?

Q being who is the someone else? I know who i think it would be...

10 minutes ago, parajack said:

But from what pool? i read the article as he tells A.N.other what type of player he is looking for,and he is than given a choice of whats available to talk to,after wages etc are permed in....so in that terms of ref,he has the final say,on someone elses choices? if he agrees they come?

Q being who is the someone else? I know who i think it would be...

Probably something along those lines.

I do remember a previous interview in which Monk said he gives the club a list of players he would like.

The club look into the financial side of possible deals and says which ones are doable and which aren't. 

15 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Awful turgid attritional style of football

We better get used to it pretty dam quick because DC aint pulling the plug and Monk is gonna play it safe all the way through the season

We're in for an absolute wretched one entertainment wise

yeah its not as though we havnt been through it b4 either is it?...

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Exactly the point i was alluding to,if it looks like a duck,& it quacks like a duck.....why on earth would we as a club ignore the obvious deficiency in our squad to bring in players in positions we already had in abundance?...doesn't make sense,correct....so the answer therefor according to Sherlock Holmes,when you have eliminated all the other possibilities,is the remaining answer you have left,must allegedly be right....

Nah, after Dec 2015 all signings were agreed by Carlos.

He wanted 6 strikers, plus FF. 

And don’t forget Urby.

So that at the end of the 2017 season we could gone a streak of winning goals by the odd game, just to keep us on our toes. 

lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Leeds United[edit]

Run that by me again..

:duntmatter:

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Nah, after Dec 2015 all signings were agreed by Carlos.

He wanted 6 strikers, plus FF. 

And don’t forget Urby.

So that at the end of the 2017 season we could gone a streak of winning goals by the odd game, just to keep us on our toes. 

lol

By keep banging on about the Rhodes signing you make yourself look sillier. 

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Run that by me again..

:duntmatter:

Pleasure,try reading it this time !!  

He played for Swansea City in all four divisions of professional football from 2004 to 2014, for the majority of that time as captain. He played 270 matches for Swansea in all competitions over ten seasons, and was part of their team which won the 2013 Football League Cup Final.

On 4 February 2014, Monk was appointed by chairman Huw Jenkins as interim player-manager following the sacking of manager Michael Laudrup.[24] His first match in charge was the South Wales derby on 8 February against Cardiff City, which Swansea won 3–0 with all three goals scored in the second half. After finishing second in theirA behin Europa League Group d Valencia, Monk's Swansea reached the round of 32, in which they were knocked out by Rafa Benítez's Napoli side after losing 3–1 on aggregate.[25]

In the opening match of the 2014–15 season, Monk led Swansea to a 2–1 away win against Manchester United, the club's first ever league win at Old Trafford.[28] The Swans continued their positive start to the league season with two home wins against Burnley and West Bromwich Albion, a run of results which saw Swansea sit joint top of the Premier League table and Monk pick up the Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

Leeds United[edit]

In November 2016, after guiding Leeds to sixth place and into the Championship play-off positions and also the quarter finals of the EFL League Cup, Monk was nominated for the Championship Manager of the Month award for October; however, he narrowly missed out with the award going to Newcastle United's Rafa Benitez.[

On 29 November 2016, Monk's Leeds were knocked out of the EFL Cup after losing a quarter-final match against Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool at Anfield in a 2–0 defeat, however Leeds had put on an impressive performance against the then Premier League leaders[44] After beating Brentford 1–0 on 17 December, Monk's Leeds were 5th in the playoff positions in the Championship during Christmas 2016, which had been their highest position at this time of the season since Simon Grayson's Leeds side in 2010.

He excluded several players, including both senior goalkeepers, from consideration for the 2018–19 first team.[72] Operating under an EFL-imposed business plan and with a likely points deduction pending for the club's breaches of the league's Profitability and Sustainability rules,[73] Monk was able to sign one player for a fee and up to five loans or free transfers on wages pitched at a "debilitating" level.[74] After a slow start to the season, four wins in October earned Monk a nomination as Championship Manager of the Month as the team rose to ninth in the table.[75] According to the Birmingham Mail, he turned them into "a side vastly superior than the sum of its parts" 

That is a summary of monks career and there is PLENTY of quality & success in it.....both as a player,and a manager...

46 minutes ago, parajack said:

Pleasure,try reading it this time !!  

He played for Swansea City in all four divisions of professional football from 2004 to 2014, for the majority of that time as captain. He played 270 matches for Swansea in all competitions over ten seasons, and was part of their team which won the 2013 Football League Cup Final.

On 4 February 2014, Monk was appointed by chairman Huw Jenkins as interim player-manager following the sacking of manager Michael Laudrup.[24] His first match in charge was the South Wales derby on 8 February against Cardiff City, which Swansea won 3–0 with all three goals scored in the second half. After finishing second in theirA behin Europa League Group d Valencia, Monk's Swansea reached the round of 32, in which they were knocked out by Rafa Benítez's Napoli side after losing 3–1 on aggregate.[25]

In the opening match of the 2014–15 season, Monk led Swansea to a 2–1 away win against Manchester United, the club's first ever league win at Old Trafford.[28] The Swans continued their positive start to the league season with two home wins against Burnley and West Bromwich Albion, a run of results which saw Swansea sit joint top of the Premier League table and Monk pick up the Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

Leeds United[edit]

In November 2016, after guiding Leeds to sixth place and into the Championship play-off positions and also the quarter finals of the EFL League Cup, Monk was nominated for the Championship Manager of the Month award for October; however, he narrowly missed out with the award going to Newcastle United's Rafa Benitez.[

On 29 November 2016, Monk's Leeds were knocked out of the EFL Cup after losing a quarter-final match against Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool at Anfield in a 2–0 defeat, however Leeds had put on an impressive performance against the then Premier League leaders[44] After beating Brentford 1–0 on 17 December, Monk's Leeds were 5th in the playoff positions in the Championship during Christmas 2016, which had been their highest position at this time of the season since Simon Grayson's Leeds side in 2010.

He excluded several players, including both senior goalkeepers, from consideration for the 2018–19 first team.[72] Operating under an EFL-imposed business plan and with a likely points deduction pending for the club's breaches of the league's Profitability and Sustainability rules,[73] Monk was able to sign one player for a fee and up to five loans or free transfers on wages pitched at a "debilitating" level.[74] After a slow start to the season, four wins in October earned Monk a nomination as Championship Manager of the Month as the team rose to ninth in the table.[75] According to the Birmingham Mail, he turned them into "a side vastly superior than the sum of its parts" 

That is a summary of monks career and there is PLENTY of quality & success in it.....both as a player,and a manager...

Too late..the axe has fallen.