Dom Howson

Well done Dom Howson for keeping the pressure up:

Keith Andrews, quoted in Football League Podcast, "Not enough, for me, has been made of this week in terms of how bad it's actually been. Are you telling me that Sheffield Wednesday's squad isn't as good as those three teams? Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, with the finances they're working at.

"The recruitment that's gone on at Sheffield Wednesday in the last couple of months, I think, has been impressive. He's been backed and they've brought in some good players, so I don't quite buy it.

"I would not be happy at all if I was involved with Sheffield Wednesday over the last week, that needs to vastly improve."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-keith-andrews-alarmed-19209891?utm_source=yorkshire_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=swfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All the pundits have said that Monk has been backed.

Yet from some fans on here you’d think he hasn’t. 

That's because his apologists said that he hadn't been able to bring in his own players. Then when he did and we're still rubbish, the excuse is that they're not his players and he had no say in their signings - but if they'd come in and done well and we were winning games, of course they'd be Monk's magical signings. 

• Like 7

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Monk has definitely been backed, albeit not at Carlos Spendaggedon levels, but that's quite clearly against EFL rules

lol

Don't get me wrong Chansiri has made many mistakes, but I don't see how our recent spending on signing new player contracts has been turned round into, poor old Monk has been let down by Chansiri. Its not true and its clearly way more than the spending of Luton, Wycombe and Rotherham

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Good pundit Keith Andrews. Makes some valid points. 

Every time I’ve read or heard him comment on us he seems to hit the nail on the head every time. Not just recently but also under Carlos he was very on point at highlighting our strengths and weaknesses. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

That's because his apologists said that he hadn't been able to bring in his own players. 

It would really help if people just once and for all stopped using words like 'apologists' ' bedwetters' etc

Please - come on - let's all step it up a notch x

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don't think there's any question that he's been backed.

The question is; how long will it be before we start to see a return on that backing?

The problem a lot on here have is that they want instant success. It's a question of being realistic and managing your expectations.

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Every time I’ve read or heard him comment on us he seems to hit the nail on the head every time. Not just recently but also under Carlos he was very on point at highlighting our strengths and weaknesses. 

Same, can’t fault him

• Like 1