Dom Howson

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Fans who think this are just as much of the problem as Chansiri and Monk!

This guy is a blade on the wind up, has to be

Just now, Stripes or die said:

He's only just been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff FFS. Do you think it's a good idea to let a manager bring in his own staff and then sack him?

If the results arent good yes.  I was one who wanted to give Monk a chance rather than get rid last season. We have got worse, not better. I cant see how he can turn it round

Another loss coming tonight. How long do you want to give him? When would you pull the trigger? 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

If the results arent good yes.  I was one who wanted to give Monk a chance rather than get rid last season. We have got worse, not better. I cant see how he can turn it round

Another loss coming tonight. How long do you want to give him? When would you pull the trigger? 

Fair points. 

At least until Christmas IMO. I think we'll give them a game tonight.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

That's because his apologists said that he hadn't been able to bring in his own players. Then when he did and we're still rubbish, the excuse is that they're not his players and he had no say in their signings - but if they'd come in and done well and we were winning games, of course they'd be Monk's magical signings. 

I don’t think anybody can / will argue that he’s been allowed to bring players in, or his own backroom team. 
From what I read, mainly on here, the calibre of player we have been able to bring in is mediocre at best. But they should still be good enough to amass more points than they have so far. 
We are a dire club from top to bottom. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I don’t think anybody can / will argue that he’s been allowed to bring players in, or his own backroom team. 
From what I read, mainly on here, the calibre of player we have been able to bring in is mediocre at best. But they should still be good enough to amass more points than they have so far.  

Have you SEEN em?

Even Monk's given  up on them already

There's only Kachunga playing tonight who wasn't in the side last season

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have you SEEN em?

Even Monk's given  up on them already

There's only Kachunga playing tonight who wasn't in the side last season

No mate. I’m a part time / non Uber/ realist fan, who’s got better things to do. 

I just come on here now to play devils advocate. What’s your reason for the massochism. 

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

No mate. I’m a part time / non Uber/ realist fan, who’s got better things to do. 

I just come on here now to play devils advocate. What’s your reason for the massochism. 

I think it's the absolute lack of quality we've brought in to be fair mate

There was loads of hype around these signings - I fell for it big time

In reality they're like first division players and most are unfit/injured too

We even signed one with a leg broken in two places and who had metal pins in his leg when he signed for us

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We even signed one with a leg broken in two places and who had metal pins in his leg when he signed for us

That Dunkley signing amplified what a rotten shower that are, charging fans top dollar and serving up unwanted seconds. 

I genuinely feel for those that bleed Wednesday, the phrase mugged off has never been so underused.

Cant wait for this big announcement. I bet he’s got his PR team proof reading it, trying to put a positive spin on it. Unfortunately, you can’t polish a turd. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You didn’t fall for anything. Like many, you took a positive view and wanted it to be justified. No harm in optimism. 

But the reality is, optimism is all we bloody well have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Well done Dom Howson for keeping the pressure up:

Keith Andrews, quoted in Football League Podcast, "Not enough, for me, has been made of this week in terms of how bad it's actually been. Are you telling me that Sheffield Wednesday's squad isn't as good as those three teams? Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, with the finances they're working at.

"The recruitment that's gone on at Sheffield Wednesday in the last couple of months, I think, has been impressive. He's been backed and they've brought in some good players, so I don't quite buy it.

"I would not be happy at all if I was involved with Sheffield Wednesday over the last week, that needs to vastly improve."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-keith-andrews-alarmed-19209891?utm_source=yorkshire_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=swfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Keith Andrew's has always been a full weight bell...who gives a flying what he thinks

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, but I doubt they're on the same kind of contracts as the players who've left in the past few seasons. At least I hope they're not, otherwise we'll be hit with another points deduction before too long!

When I look at our squad, I see a mid-table squad, assuming we don't suffer too badly with injuries. Once a few key players are out for any length of time, we're in major trouble. Whether that's enough to keep us up this season, I have my doubts.

As I say, Chansiri has backed Monk in the sense of getting bodies through the door, and I'm sure they're the best we could attract given the circumstances, but they not the kind of signings to help an average Championship team overcome a points deduction...unless the manager is able to pull off something special.

And as you say, those last three results have been embarrassing - nothing special is happening right now, is it?

Nothing special until tonight... but that's the Wednesday way.

There is a glimmer of hope that Monk is listening and he may survive. No one dimensional looking for the target man on the far post. when we don't have, one tonight...

• Like 1