Dom Howson

Just now, northeastowl said:

I can see with my eyes that the players we have signed are far better than they’re performing as a team.

We signed solid players who would put a shift in but lack in a little bit of quality. That’s showing in our performances, effort is there, we just lack quality and a game plan that suits the players. 

There's so much contradiction in that I don't know where to start

lol

So I won't

I'll just leave it there 

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

There are no signs yet we are going the right way, it's too early imo. He's only just got his backroom staff in. We're in this for the long haul. We have to be.

Too early????? Nearly a full year of bad results, breaking records left right and centre, absolutely no improvement on last season. How long do you want to give him?..

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Too early????? Nearly a full year of bad results, breaking records left right and centre, absolutely no improvement on last season. How long do you want to give him?..

At least until he's had time to work with his backroom staff, who have just joined. Let's see what they can do with the squad.

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

The majority of people were over the moon with the business we did in preseason. Now because we are playing poo everyone is saying the business was rubbish. 

Doesn’t matter what recruitment we do with Monk in charge. 

If I look at the league table, there’s only Birmingham in the top half who’s squad I’d say was on a par or worse than ours.

In the bottom half, id rather have Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Preston and probably Blackburn’s squads.

That leads me to conclude that a finish between 15-18th would be about par for us.

Main problem is that with the points deduction we need to outperform that to stay up. And under Monk we consistently underperform it.

We need a motivator in ASAP, someone who can get us a 13-15th place finish and hope that there’s 3 sides who make a low points total. Otherwise we’re down anyway

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

If I look at the league table, there’s only Birmingham in the top half who’s squad I’d say was on a par or worse than ours.

In the bottom half, id rather have Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Preston and probably Blackburn’s squads.

That leads me to conclude that a finish between 15-18th would be about par for us.

Main problem is that with the points deduction we need to outperform that to stay up. And under Monk we consistently underperform it.

We need a motivator in ASAP, someone who can get us a 13-15th place finish and hope that there’s 3 sides who make a low points total. Otherwise we’re down anyway

Agree with that. 

36 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

We're not losing week in, week out and all our performances haven't been shambolic.

We need to stick together and dig in.

Absolute rubbish!

Fans that think what is going on at the moment is anything other that completely unacceptable are just as much of the problem as Chansiri and Monk.

I'm sick of fans with low expectations!

It's not acceptable what is going on at OUR football club!

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Absolute rubbish!

Fans that think what is going on at the moment is anything other that completely unacceptable are just as much of the problem as Chansiri and Monk.

I'm sick of fans with low expectations!

It's not acceptable what is going on at OUR football club!

And I'm pretty sick of fans with the memory of a Goldfish. If we change Monk now, who would you replace him with and why?

No, let me guess, Paul Cook? FFS, when will people learn that changing the manager every two minutes just makes things worse?

And guess what, we may go down before things change, are you prepared for that? I am. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All the pundits have said that Monk has been backed.

Yet from some fans on here you’d think he hasn’t. 

Who said he hasnt been backed?

Most of the threads i have seen are about Monk not being able to manage them into something effective.

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

And I'm pretty sick of fans with the memory of a Goldfish. If we change Monk now, who would you replace him with and why?

And guess what, we may go down before things change, are you prepared for that? I am.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

FOOOOOOK ME

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

No, let me guess, Paul Cook? FFS, when will people learn that changing the manager every two minutes just makes things worse?

And guess what, we may go down before things change, are you prepared for that? I am. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

How crap a record a do you want before there is a change?

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Evening Garry.. please do the right thing and resign lol

7 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Please explain how things could be worse!

I'd quite happily replace Monk with a Goldfish!

It would have more idea than that clueless clown!