Harris & Palmer (The Wycombe goal)

33 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes but if they were switched on enough to consistently do that then they wouldnt be low end championship players. 

I reckon they would.

Neither Palmer nor Harris possess the quality to be much more than that.

When putting a shift in and tracking their opponents, they're both average / lower-end Championship players; when not, they're worse than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I have read that scenario several times about Palmer. Surely if fans can see it then the coaches should be aware. 

They will absolutely be aware and all will have told him but he hasn’t changed. This is what annoys me when some say that a good coach can improve all players. No they can’t, only those who listen and want to improve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I reckon they would.

Neither Palmer nor Harris possess the quality to be much more than that.

When putting a shift in and tracking their opponents, they're both average / lower-end Championship players; when not, they're worse than that.

Yes neither are particurlarly gifted with natural ability. Makes it all the more important that they work hard and do the basics right. In Palmers case track back and put some effort in. In Harris's case the amount of times he has space to run into but instead tries 1000 stepovers before blazing over the bar gets a bit annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Harris and Palmer are both low end championship players so things like that will happen. I'm sure there are stats behind it that say otherwise but I like to see people on the posts at corners. Bannan contributes nothing stood 10 yards away from the corner taker, get him on the back post and he heads that clear (unless hes been watching Nigel Worthington)

The 5'5 Bannan, clears that, 😊

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes neither are particurlarly gifted with natural ability. Makes it all the more important that they work hard and do the basics right. In Palmers case track back and put some effort in. In Harris's case the amount of times he has space to run into but instead tries 1000 stepovers before blazing over the bar gets a bit annoying. 

I've never seen a winger try to run through their opponents as often as Harris. It's bizarre.

Knock the ball one way and outpace them - it shouldn't be too difficult for a player with his acceleration. How he thinks he's going to get away from his marker by running straight at them, I have no idea.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've never seen a winger try to run through their opponents as often as Harris. It's bizarre.

Knock the ball one way and outpace them - it shouldn't be too difficult for a player with his acceleration. How he thinks he's going to get away from his marker by running straight at them, I have no idea.

I don't think he has a football brain, or a brain at all haha. He needs a good manager/coaches to help him in decision making.

1 hour ago, mark77 said:

Watch the build up to the chance that lead to the corner (and the goal).

-Harris makes next to no attempt to latch on to the pass.

-Possession is lost at which point Palmer makes a lazy, half a*sed attempt to tackle.

-Harris gives up tracking back.

-Palmer makes half an attempt to track back before giving up.

We won't win anything with players with this attitude.

Leads to an attempt on goal which needs saving, corner and goal. If anyone could upload a video of what I mean that would be appreciated.

He's lost the dressing room or he never had it!

Players aren't playing for him and probably want him gone!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, mark77 said:

Watch the build up to the chance that lead to the corner (and the goal).

-Harris makes next to no attempt to latch on to the pass.

-Possession is lost at which point Palmer makes a lazy, half a*sed attempt to tackle.

-Harris gives up tracking back.

-Palmer makes half an attempt to track back before giving up.

We won't win anything with players with this attitude.

Leads to an attempt on goal which needs saving, corner and goal. If anyone could upload a video of what I mean that would be appreciated.

Palmer gets caught upfield and jogs back.

It's not exactly shock news is it.

• Like 1

Don’t recall role of Harris in build-up to conceding corner, but Palmer’s attempt to recover was a disgrace and Pelupessy hardly covered himself in glory.  Mind you, I’m still getting over Dawson against Rotherham and Bannan’s attempt to close down Luton’s goal scorer.    So many of the goals we’ve conceded could have been prevented with just a modicum of application from our players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Palmers always been bad for just jogging back. It’s just not acceptable at any level.

Sprint back into position. You might not catch the player but you’ll be back in position for any second balls etc. 

This is why I don’t understand people saying he could play the DMC role

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

He looked a decent signing before Monk arrived but like you I don't get why he's still an automatic choice.

No he had a four or five good games when he first arrived. Then he was sussed out and the opposition doubled up on him. You'd expect that would mean more space for someone else but he's not intelligent enough to offload the ball to take advantage if that. So he heads down ( with head down) alley after blind alley. No end product and is surely one for replacing.

I'm not sure that had anything to do with Monk. He's just a very one dimensional, limited player.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Palmer was an absolute disgrace for their goal. Lost the ball and then jogged back showing no determination to win the ball. They score from the resulting corner.

I was absolutely seething watching it.

He is just , simply put , a below average player who is league 1 standard at best............always has been , always will be IMHO.

Gets enormous amounts of slack cut for him because he is "one of our own"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Just watched the 'highlights'. I noticed that Bannan, Iorfa and Pelupessy were all giving Palmer a right earful once the ball was dead. No holding back.

Dont think Bannan covers himself in glory either. Pelupessy gets dragged out wide to the winger and Bannan makes no attempt to get close to their midfielder, he just keeps tracking Akinfenwa (who is already marked). Poor play all round and another example of players not knowing or not caring to do basic things. 

swfc.PNG

• Love 1