Harris & Palmer (The Wycombe goal)

7 hours ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately jogging back when play has passed him is Palmers major flaw & one that he appears to have done nothing to rectify.

Very true...seen him do this any number of times...shows an absolute inability to read the game and think about what might happen next. If you’re beaten as a full back inevitably someone will be drawn out to go to the player with the ball, common sense should dictate that you need to get back and help cover the gap created. Not rocket science.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mark77 said:

Watch the build up to the chance that lead to the corner (and the goal).

-Harris makes next to no attempt to latch on to the pass.

-Possession is lost at which point Palmer makes a lazy, half a*sed attempt to tackle.

-Harris gives up tracking back.

-Palmer makes half an attempt to track back before giving up.

We won't win anything with players with this attitude.

Leads to an attempt on goal which needs saving, corner and goal. If anyone could upload a video of what I mean that would be appreciated.

No need to see a video, it's quite obvious that the players are not being managed correctly, open your eyes DC. 

• Love 1

Check out this chance Wycombe had too... absolute dogshite commitment from Palmer. Steps into his man but gets easily rounded and doesn't even give a damn, just casually jogs back.. Listen to the shouts "PALMS! ******** HELL, PALMS, GET THE fizz BACK HERE NOW!" plus see the reactions of Bannan, Iorfa and Pelupessy... needs calling out this piece of poo attitude and behaviour; if we don't have players giving a damn, we're never going to get anywhere.

And Palmer needs dropping now. We must SURELY have eager younger players ready to step up and make a name for themselves, who will actually bleed for their shirt.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Check out this chance Wycombe had too... absolute dogshite commitment from Palmer. Steps into his man but gets easily rounded and doesn't even give a damn, just casually jogs back.. Listen to the shouts "PALMS! ******** HELL, PALMS, GET THE fizz BACK HERE NOW!" plus see the reactions of Bannan, Iorfa and Pelupessy... needs calling out this piece of poo attitude and behaviour; if we don't have players giving a damn, we're never going to get anywhere.

And Palmer needs dropping now. We must SURELY have eager younger players ready to step up and make a name for themselves, who will actually bleed for their shirt.

Palms WTF: what's up with just Liam or Palmer. Why does are team just stick an s on the end of a name and call it a nickname.

Guest Bulgaria
20 hours ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately jogging back when play has passed him is Palmers major flaw & one that he appears to have done nothing to rectify.

Said it for ages. Palmer does the bear minimum required.

His performance at Brentford last season was up there with the worst I've seen, not only ability wise but effort wise also.

He more than anyone should be busting a gut for this club right now.

I will not hold my breath.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

His performance at Brentford last season was up there with the worst I've seen, not only ability wise but effort wise also.

But I bet he busts a lung sprinting back when he plays for Scotland, just lacking in commitment and focus on basics and details.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Needs to be sent packing ASAP.

If he was going to turn into a hard working committed player, surely it would have happened by now ?

• Thanks 1