Harris & Palmer (The Wycombe goal)

Harris and Palmer are both low end championship players so things like that will happen. I'm sure there are stats behind it that say otherwise but I like to see people on the posts at corners. Bannan contributes nothing stood 10 yards away from the corner taker, get him on the back post and he heads that clear (unless hes been watching Nigel Worthington)

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Palmer was an absolute disgrace for their goal. Lost the ball and then jogged back showing no determination to win the ball. They score from the resulting corner.

I was absolutely seething watching it.

Unfortunately jogging back when play has passed him is Palmers major flaw & one that he appears to have done nothing to rectify.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately jogging back when play has passed him is Palmers major flaw & one that he appears to have done nothing to rectify.

I'm not excusing it i'm just saying that players of lower quality make low quality decisions. In this instance the decision by Palmer (as stated above he does quite often) to just jog back is what you would expect.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

I'm not excusing it i'm just saying that players of lower quality make low quality decisions. In this instance the decision by Palmer (as stated above he does quite often) to just jog back is what you would expect.

For some reason Palmer never busts a gut to get back when caught up field or out of position.

It’s nothing to do with bad decision making, he just never does it.

What I don’t understand is why successive managers have let him get away with it.

Whether it’s a stamina thing I don’t know, but it wouldn’t be acceptable in a Sunday League team 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

For some reason Palmer never busts a gut to get back when caught up field or out of position.

It’s nothing to do with bad decision making, he just never does it.

What I don’t understand is why successive managers have let him get away with it.

Whether it’s a stamina thing I don’t know, but it wouldn’t be acceptable in a Sunday League team 

Agree 100%. What makes it more galling is that he is supposed to be one of us....a wednesday fan. I would guarantee that every member on here would bust a gut to play for wednesday just for pride and here we have one of "us" who can't be arsed and getting paid shedloads of money in the process

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Harris is a very poor player. Unbelievable he still gets in the side. 

He looked a decent signing before Monk arrived but like you I don't get why he's still an automatic choice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Agree 100%. What makes it more galling is that he is supposed to be one of us....a wednesday fan. I would guarantee that every member on here would bust a gut to play for wednesday just for pride and here we have one of "us" who can't be arsed and getting paid shedloads of money in the process

No they wouldn’t 

If it’s in your make up to be a bit of a slacker, then it’s inevitable you will be a bit of a slacker

The whole ‘Wednesday fan’ thing is literally one of the most ridiculous things.

• Thanks 2

Maybe the players have lost faith in monk and have started downing tools? I haven't had the chance to watch the full game yet :duntmatter: but for example I saw people mention the bizarre kick off. I'm sure something like that happened when Jos or Bullen was in charge as well, when things were bad?

8 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Maybe the players have lost faith in monk and have started downing tools? I haven't had the chance to watch the full game yet :duntmatter: but for example I saw people mention the bizarre kick off. I'm sure something like that happened when Jos or Bullen was in charge as well, when things were bad?

What happened at kick off?

Can you imagine the likes of Warnock putting up with the laziness of Palmer and Harris? He already got rid of Harris when at Cardiff, possibly for the same reason.

There’s quite a few more in that team that would have got his hairdryer treatment.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mark77 said:

Watch the build up to the chance that lead to the corner (and the goal).

-Harris makes next to no attempt to latch on to the pass.

-Possession is lost at which point Palmer makes a lazy, half a*sed attempt to tackle.

-Harris gives up tracking back.

-Palmer makes half an attempt to track back before giving up.

We won't win anything with players with this attitude.

Leads to an attempt on goal which needs saving, corner and goal. If anyone could upload a video of what I mean that would be appreciated.

Spot on mate. No matter what the tactics, or what people think of the manager, these are very basic individual errors. We make far too many of them in every game. I reckon I could stop the video of a game 500 times and point out these type of basic errors. So so frustrating.

• Like 3