Does anyone seriously believe........

Just now, Therealrealist said:

There’s always somebody else...always has been always will be..we will end up in league 2 if dc continues to fund us

Really? Cos Newcastle seem to be doing well at finding a buyer? Charlton nearly went to the wall, Wigan, Bury, Mansfield, Southend and Bolton, all found a mega-rich buyer did they? Portsmouth and Blackpool picked up another millionaire owner have they? 

You're basically willing to high-risk gamble us existing as a club because you don't like Chansiri. 

In the current climate when football clubs are losing more money than ever and won't be making money for years to come. Businesses are going bust on a daily basis and you think someone wants to spend another £60m with no return? 

You're deluded.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Despite his funding at what point would you say we need a clean break from him and to start again?

Or are you happy for it to just continue as it is?

Replace the manager.

In the current financial climate forcing out a man willing to fund the club almost indefinitely is madness. Would you place us doing well above us existing at all?

10 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

People keep sayin a lot of clubs won’t exist in 12 months..no evidence wotsoever that this is the case..it’s a tired soundbite

Not according to a number of club chairmen, the EFL, the National League and generally anyone with an ounce of sense. 

Just now, Minton said:

Replace the manager.

In the current financial climate forcing out a man willing to fund the club almost indefinitely is madness. Would you place us doing well above us existing at all?

I hope I’m proved wrong but I just don’t see us turning it around with Chansiri at the helm.

How far we’ll fall is anyone’s guess but we need a new board.

Sheffield Wednesday will always exist in some form. Even Bury are back this year in the northern counties

Just now, pat blondeau said:

I hope I’m proved wrong but I just don’t see us turning it around with Chansiri at the helm.

How far we’ll fall is anyone’s guess but we need a new board.

Sheffield Wednesday will always exist in some form. Even Bury are back this year in the northern counties

So you'd suggest getting rid of Chansiri, going bust and ending up in the 10th tier of English football is better than ending up in League 1? 

• Like 1

Just now, Minton said:

So you'd suggest getting rid of Chansiri, going bust and ending up in the 10th tier of English football is better than ending up in League 1? 

No I’m suggesting the club will bounce back however far we fall but I can’t see it happening with Chansiri.

Portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan, Coventry, Blackpool have all managed to survive and stay in the league

8 minutes ago, phoenixowl said:

Monk gone by xmas too late we will already be down

DC all he ever needed to do was appoint Howard Wilkinson as director of football to over see signings new managers etc and al would have been good instead of the unheard people he has advivsng him

....or even HIM! garymegson

Problem is that Monk is not the only issue in a club riddled with ineptitude or poor quality. Monk in a way has been dealt a poor hand as he had all the investigation stuff hanging over the club last season and struggled to get the players up for games - that was clear. In all fairness that couldn’t have been easy for anyone in the first team mix as it was totally out of their hands and was the fault of the Chairman. 

Then this Summer we’ve been able to bring in the odd player (I’m sure he would have wanted better but the restraints were obvious to see) but they are generally out of favour at other clubs for whatever reason so the quality in not the standard needed when we are already on -12 points to begin with. I did think we’d be doing slightly better than we are though  and was hoping that after the Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe games we’d be in positive points and looking up the table. Something isn’t right within the playing squad and whether that’s Monk or something to do with the quality of players, something had to chance before we are cast adrift and can’t even catch up the poorest teams in the league.

Now onto the Chairman. As nice as he appears to be as a bloke he has us in an awfully poor position both in terms of club handling, player quality, financial affairs and league position andis the primary reason we are where we find ourselves now.. It could be said that on most fronts we are in a worse position than when he took charge. It will only get worse under his tenure and we are a laughing stock right now. Who else will buy us in the predicament we seem to be in and at the price DC will quote? Answer, only a fool.

Unfortunately things are going to get w lot worse before they get better.

• Like 5

Take no pride in saying DC wasn't up to the job from the start.

It takes a special kind of incompetent to take us drastically backwards and spunk 150 million up the wall at the same time.

The sad thing is, it didn't have to be like that. It isn't that hard to employ someone competent to run the club for you.

Worst Chairman in our history.

I seriously believe we're in a right mess.

The injuries set in, the spirits soon dampened. The ill discipline has set in, the season looks doomed.

Senior pro's costing us a fortune for delivering no hope or enjoyment.

There has never been a better time to play those that deserve there chance, week in week out.

All the kids, get some miles in their legs for next season. Sooner we invest in them, the better we'll fair next year

All Chanisiri needs to do is adopt the Glazer approach (they bought MANU ~15 years ago),  the Glazer Family owns, but stays out of making engineering decisions regarding football, they've yet to even attend a match.  They stay in the background, and surround themselves with the best staff, from "Tea Lady" to those whom are experts in football financial matters, recruiting, medical, coaching...and so on.

It's kind of like a rich guy buying a jet, and thinking that because he can buy it, he can fly it.   Chansiri should just sit back and enjoy the ride.  Let the crew actually do the flying, and upkeep.  He's already proven that he doesn't care about the costs of running the thing, but he DOES need to stop trying to actually fly the thing, so to speak.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Mcguigan
5 hours ago, striker said:

Precisely, weve just been comfortably beaten by Luton and Rotherham, both teams who are expected to be in the relegation mix and therefore need to be 12 points better than. 

God help us when we play Bournemouth, Millwall, Preston, Swansea, Stoke, Reading, Norwich which is our next run of games after Wycombe.

We’ve got Swansea in that lot so there’s 3 points. Gazza gets things going against his former employees.

The rest we’ll lose, comfortably.

7 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Problem is that Monk is not the only issue in a club riddled with ineptitude or poor quality. Monk in a way has been dealt a poor hand as he had all the investigation stuff hanging over the club last season and struggled to get the players up for games - that was clear. In all fairness that couldn’t have been easy for anyone in the first team mix as it was totally out of their hands and was the fault of the Chairman. 

Then this Summer we’ve been able to bring in the odd player (I’m sure he would have wanted better but the restraints were obvious to see) but they are generally out of favour at other clubs for whatever reason so the quality in not the standard needed when we are already on -12 points to begin with. I did think we’d be doing slightly better than we are though  and was hoping that after the Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe games we’d be in positive points and looking up the table. Something isn’t right within the playing squad and whether that’s Monk or something to do with the quality of players, something had to chance before we are cast adrift and can’t even catch up the poorest teams in the league.

Now onto the Chairman. As nice as he appears to be as a bloke he has us in an awfully poor position both in terms of club handling, player quality, financial affairs and league position andis the primary reason we are where we find ourselves now.. It could be said that on most fronts we are in a worse position than when he took charge. It will only get worse under his tenure and we are a laughing stock right now. Who else will buy us in the predicament we seem to be in and at the price DC will quote? Answer, only a fool.

Unfortunately things are going to get w lot worse before they get better.

I totally agree with this mate. Good post. 

• Like 1

Chansiri is an experienced and successful businessman, he knows what he's doing and making all the right decisions to get a return on his investments.

We need to stop criticising him and start praising him.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I fear the only way we will see the back of Chansiri is if we withdraw our financial support for the club, take refunds on season tickets and stop buying merchandise, it's the only way this idiot will get the message.

Totally agree mate. 

• Thanks 1