Blame the chairman

I’m starting to have real concerns about the future of the club (and football in general) I fully expect us to be in the 3rd tier of football (and possibly Covid) next season, the football “habit” is currently being broken for a lot of fans and once it has they rarely return, couple this with the amount of people tied in on Premier League rate ST’s and you’ve got some very unhappy customers. We need major, major changes at the club and they are going to happen at the moment.

We’re doomed.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

DC recruiting poor managers is a myth, with zero weeks notice Monk was an ok appointment, it's difficult to argue that Carlos wasn't a success. Bruce was the best appointment possible, but got poached by him hometown Premier League club.

Only Jos's appointment was a bad one, & he had decent pedigree. 

Chansiri appointing poor managers does not stand up 

Ha ha is this a joke 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Ha ha is this a joke 

Which part do you disagree with?

I'll help you, were you against the Bruce appointment ? Or the Monk appt?  Or was Carlos who took us to two play off finishes a bad recruit? 

Edited by zzmdu

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Mate if you gave me £100million I could try too

Trying isn't good enough

Or to explain it in terms you might click with - Monk is 'trying'

Chairman came in with no idea of football.

Monk came in supposedly having an idea of football. That's the difference Neil.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm finding this aspect of the debate really strange

So you're saying give Chansiri a chance because he has no idea about football and has already blown £100 million and sold our stadium?

No, I'm not a fan of DC as he's made to many mistakes. I was just pointing to the fact of him spending a fortune trying to get us promoted. I don't see anybody else being prepared to come in with us being in this predicament, especially with the Covid virus.

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly it's time for Wednesday fans to just stop referring to the fact that the chairman has spent his own money as some sort of amazing gift.

It doesn't matter to me if he's blown £100 million of his own money or of someone else's. What difference does it make? It makes none.

The fact he's blown £100 million and left us on the verge of relegation to division one, with a squad full of Sunday league players and the whole club worth next to nothing these days is horrific - and it makes zero difference if that's his own money, his dads money, a banks money or someone else's money.

The money is irrelevant to me personally. I honestly couldn't give a flying monkeys who's money has been spent. I just care about where we are.

A chairman for me is someone who comes in, gets the fans onside and onboard, brings everyone together with a feelgood factor, communicates well with a positive PR strategy  and open dialogue where they seem to be actually listening to what the fans want/need, and who innovates, pushes forward  and the most important factor off all - leaves the club in a better position than when they first arrived.

Does that sound like Chansiri to you?

The fact he's blown £100 million of his own money is irrelevant.  Nobody should care about that because spaffing £100 million of your own money and ending  up in  the position we are in isn't, never has been, and never will be a noble thing to do.

That's my thoughts anyway

Leaving watching F1 to grab a bottle of scotch.  It's got to 5.00 somewhere.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly it's time for Wednesday fans to just stop referring to the fact that the chairman has spent his own money as some sort of amazing gift.

It doesn't matter to me if he's blown £100 million of his own money or of someone else's. What difference does it make? It makes none.

The fact he's blown £100 million and left us on the verge of relegation to division one, with a squad full of Sunday league players and the whole club worth next to nothing these days is horrific - and it makes zero difference if that's his own money, his dads money, a banks money or someone else's money.

The money is irrelevant to me personally. I honestly couldn't give a flying monkeys who's money has been spent. I just care about where we are.

A chairman for me is someone who comes in, gets the fans onside and onboard, brings everyone together with a feelgood factor, communicates well with a positive PR strategy  and open dialogue where they seem to be actually listening to what the fans want/need, and who innovates, pushes forward  and the most important factor off all - leaves the club in a better position than when they first arrived.

Does that sound like Chansiri to you?

The fact he's blown £100 million of his own money is irrelevant.  Nobody should care about that because spaffing £100 million of your own money and ending  up in  the position we are in isn't, never has been, and never will be a noble thing to do.

That's my thoughts anyway

Good post. 

At the end of the day he thought this would be easy. He came in and fell out with the football people he employed and started taking advice from questionable agents with questionable motives. He thought he could do it alone. Some might call that arrogance. 

He’s pumped money and where has it left us? We had two good seasons, followed by three pretty miserable ones. And this season starts with an average playing squad, a desperate manager and a 12 points deduction. 

It is literally the idiots guide to NOT running a football club. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good post. 

At the end of the day he thought this would be easy. He came in and fell out with the football people he employed and started taking advice from questionable agents with questionable motives. He thought he could do it alone. Some might call that arrogance. 

He’s pumped money and where has it left us? We had two good seasons, followed by three pretty miserable ones. And this season starts with an average playing squad, a desperate manager and a 12 points deduction. 

It is literally the idiots guide to NOT running a football club. 

Sally, You are correct in the good and bad seasons under DC.  He brought in people to operate the club which was a huge mistake as we all know. I'm only grateful for DC is that we were facing bankrupcy, I will always be grateful for that. However, since then he has screwed up so bad listening to the wrong people and making awful decisions to where we are now. The latest is hiring a manager who did not have a good pedigree and now we are worse off than before. Sorry for being long winded. I'm just peed off.

Find “Monk”

Replace “Chansiri”

I think we all need to get behind Chansiri and back him 100%. He isn’t going anywhere. He needs time, no point chopping and changing owners every two minutes. Shame the Chansiri Out brigade aren’t intelligent enough to see this.

20 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri's downfall was not appointing an experienced DOF the day he bought the club. Done one like Howard Wilkinson to run the club and advise him. That has been a very costly mistake for DC. 

He did bring in a team who helped with the transfer targets for his first summer transfer window. Yet within weeks they all vanished. I thought that was a warning sign at the time, as was ditching Gray.

Then we went on terrific form etc. That first season made so many of us complacent imo

• Like 1