Blame the chairman

1 minute ago, Sheff44 said:

The predicament we are in is mostly down to the naive chairman/ owner we have.

He doesn't know anything much about running a football club  potentially sending a once famous/semi successful club backwards again. The sooner he's gone and sells the better.

Brentford were a lot better than us quality/ technically the other night, why are they better than us ? We were once a big club, Brentford, Luton never have been.

God bless ya, when covids gone, and the fans return,  u all deserve a medal paying those prices and watching that quality of football.

The chairman has made many mistakes trying to get us into the premier. He's lost millions trying to get this for us. I don't want to dump on him. Fans calling for him to sell could leave us facing bankruptcy again if he pulls up stakes. Who else would buy us with a useless manager and too many poor players? We have to stick with him as I don't see any money men coming in. 

• Like 2

DC seems to stumble from one bad decision to another. Surely he must take a step back and think these people who i trust to advise me are not doing their jobs and costing me a fortune.

A shake up is required because when DC eventually pulls the trigger on Monk's reign i don't trust him/his advisor's to get the next appointment right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

DC seems to stumble from one bad decision to another. Surely he must take a step back and think these people who i trust to advise me are not doing their jobs and costing me a fortune.

A shake up is required because when DC eventually pulls the trigger on Monk's reign i don't trust him/his advisor's to get the next appointment right.

DC recruiting poor managers is a myth, with zero weeks notice Monk was an ok appointment, it's difficult to argue that Carlos wasn't a success. Bruce was the best appointment possible, but got poached by him hometown Premier League club.

Only Jos's appointment was a bad one, & he had decent pedigree. 

Chansiri appointing poor managers does not stand up 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

DC recruiting poor managers is a myth, with zero weeks notice Monk was an ok appointment, it's difficult to argue that Carlos wasn't a success. Bruce was the best appointment possible, but got poached by him hometown Premier League club.

I would argue Carlos wasn't a success. 

The club bet the farm on going up and we didnt.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Agreed, recruitment has been the problem, as has the absence of a Director of Football

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would argue Carlos wasn't a success. 

The club bet the farm on going up and we didnt.

I'm no fan of Carlos, but being objective his record was good.

Most seasons 4-6 clubs go shllt or bust for 3 spots.

I don't think Chansiri s managerial appts are bad. Carlos did well, no one argued with Bruce & most were behind the appt of Monk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our problems are entirely down to him.

He’s the one who has lumbered us with a 12 point deduction, a points deduction that has put players off signing for us which has made our task all the more harder (like it wasn’t hard enough already!!).

And the thing is it was all so avoidable. Reading the report from our hearing it’s clear the EFL tried to hold our hand through the whole FFP mess when we were on the brink of it and we STILL managed to mess it up. Numerous players signed for large transfer fees and almost all leaving the club for free, this summer you’ll be able to add Reach and Rhodes to that list.

Away from the whole point deduction and FFP mess that he’s got us into (and will probably see us relegated) he’s also priced so many fans out of following the club with ridiculously high ticket prices, shirt prices have also rocketed and the justification for all of this was the continued investment into the side.... continued investment that saw a starting 11 today with Van Aken, Odubajo and Pelupessey all in the starting line up.

In fact, I’d take the side Stuart Gray had over this side every day of the week.

This club after 2 decent seasons (which we are still paying for) has gone backwards since Chansiri came to the club and his failure will be complete when we are lining up in the third division next season.

How utterly depressing.

Top post Trev.

Totally agree, as I said earlier in the match day thread, the problems on the field are just the tip of the iceberg in what is a huge mess for this club.

Chansiri is responsible for that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our problems are entirely down to him.

He’s the one who has lumbered us with a 12 point deduction, a points deduction that has put players off signing for us which has made our task all the more harder (like it wasn’t hard enough already!!).

And the thing is it was all so avoidable. Reading the report from our hearing it’s clear the EFL tried to hold our hand through the whole FFP mess when we were on the brink of it and we STILL managed to mess it up. Numerous players signed for large transfer fees and almost all leaving the club for free, this summer you’ll be able to add Reach and Rhodes to that list.

Away from the whole point deduction and FFP mess that he’s got us into (and will probably see us relegated) he’s also priced so many fans out of following the club with ridiculously high ticket prices, shirt prices have also rocketed and the justification for all of this was the continued investment into the side.... continued investment that saw a starting 11 today with Van Aken, Odubajo and Pelupessey all in the starting line up.

In fact, I’d take the side Stuart Gray had over this side every day of the week.

This club after 2 decent seasons (which we are still paying for) has gone backwards since Chansiri came to the club and his failure will be complete when we are lining up in the third division next season.

How utterly depressing.

Bang on

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Monk was and is proving to be an appalling appointment. DCs refusal to act decisively when managers are failing is another failure on his part.

I'm not going to even start on his mismanagement landing us with a -12 point penalty with our next set of accounts still to be seen.

• Like 3