Blame the chairman

1 hour ago, Sheff44 said:

The predicament we are in is mostly down to the naive chairman/ owner we have.

He doesn't know anything much about running a football club  potentially sending a once famous/semi successful club backwards again. The sooner he's gone and sells the better.

Brentford were a lot better than us quality/ technically the other night, why are they better than us ? We were once a big club, Brentford, Luton never have been.

God bless ya, when covids gone, and the fans return,  u all deserve a medal paying those prices and watching that quality of football.

Chansiri's downfall was not appointing an experienced DOF the day he bought the club. Done one like Howard Wilkinson to run the club and advise him. That has been a very costly mistake for DC. 

• Like 4

Only Wednesday could take the turgid football of Manderic and Gray,  get millions of pounds to spend, and end up with what we saw today.  Sadly for us it’s hilarious if you support another team. 

Can’t see anyone wanting to buy us now so unless Chansiri suddenly wakes up and cares we are in for a very painful few years 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our problems are entirely down to him.

He’s the one who has lumbered us with a 12 point deduction, a points deduction that has put players off signing for us which has made our task all the more harder (like it wasn’t hard enough already!!).

And the thing is it was all so avoidable. Reading the report from our hearing it’s clear the EFL tried to hold our hand through the whole FFP mess when we were on the brink of it and we STILL managed to mess it up. Numerous players signed for large transfer fees and almost all leaving the club for free, this summer you’ll be able to add Reach and Rhodes to that list.

Away from the whole point deduction and FFP mess that he’s got us into (and will probably see us relegated) he’s also priced so many fans out of following the club with ridiculously high ticket prices, shirt prices have also rocketed and the justification for all of this was the continued investment into the side.... continued investment that saw a starting 11 today with Van Aken, Odubajo and Pelupessey all in the starting line up.

In fact, I’d take the side Stuart Gray had over this side every day of the week.

This club after 2 decent seasons (which we are still paying for) has gone backwards since Chansiri came to the club and his failure will be complete when we are lining up in the third division next season.

How utterly depressing.

this is spot on. Of course fans will argue about the managerial appointments but, as has been said, on paper they are all reasonable appointments. the problems go way deeper than the managers and players though. The blame lies squarely at the chairman's door. Managers can never be wholly responsible for winning, or costing 12 crucial points. Only a chairman can do that.  More specifically, only our chairman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jaybeeowl said:

this is spot on. Of course fans will argue about the managerial appointments but, as has been said, on paper they are all reasonable appointments. the problems go way deeper than the managers and players though. The blame lies squarely at the chairman's door. Managers can never be wholly responsible for winning, or costing 12 crucial points. Only a chairman can do that.  More specifically, only our chairman.

Tp be fair, even without the 12 point deduction, Monk will probably take us down.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

DC recruiting poor managers is a myth, with zero weeks notice Monk was an ok appointment, it's difficult to argue that Carlos wasn't a success. Bruce was the best appointment possible, but got poached by him hometown Premier League club.

Only Jos's appointment was a bad one, & he had decent pedigree. 

Chansiri appointing poor managers does not stand up 

Oh yes it does and i include Carlos in that a proper proven manager who knew the championship with the money we were spending then would've got us in the premier league 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaybeeowl said:

you're allowing Monk to be the scapegoat when Chansiri is to blame. 

Unless Chansiri picks the team, the tactics, the formations, the backroom staff, then Monk shoulders some of the blame, same as Jos, same as Judas Bruce, same as Carlos etc etc.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our problems are entirely down to him.

He’s the one who has lumbered us with a 12 point deduction, a points deduction that has put players off signing for us which has made our task all the more harder (like it wasn’t hard enough already!!).

And the thing is it was all so avoidable. Reading the report from our hearing it’s clear the EFL tried to hold our hand through the whole FFP mess when we were on the brink of it and we STILL managed to mess it up. Numerous players signed for large transfer fees and almost all leaving the club for free, this summer you’ll be able to add Reach and Rhodes to that list.

Away from the whole point deduction and FFP mess that he’s got us into (and will probably see us relegated) he’s also priced so many fans out of following the club with ridiculously high ticket prices, shirt prices have also rocketed and the justification for all of this was the continued investment into the side.... continued investment that saw a starting 11 today with Van Aken, Odubajo and Pelupessey all in the starting line up.

In fact, I’d take the side Stuart Gray had over this side every day of the week.

This club after 2 decent seasons (which we are still paying for) has gone backwards since Chansiri came to the club and his failure will be complete when we are lining up in the third division next season.

How utterly depressing.

Spot-on assessment of Chansiri’s tenure of the club. 

An avoidable disaster. 

Although we’re not dead yet. We’re certainly one of the favourites for the drop but it’s not nailed on. 
We were effective at Brum last week so there is hope. It always seems worse after a defeat.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

DC recruiting poor managers is a myth, with zero weeks notice Monk was an ok appointment, it's difficult to argue that Carlos wasn't a success. Bruce was the best appointment possible, but got poached by him hometown Premier League club.

Only Jos's appointment was a bad one, & he had decent pedigree. 

Chansiri appointing poor managers does not stand up 

Sorry bud but how was Monks appointment due to zero weeks notice. We went weeks after Bruce left before his appointment 
Carlos’ success was a result of the foundations put together by Gray and money getting thrown around. 
Bruce was a great appointment but we all slagged Gullit and Murphy for laughing cos they felt he had us over a barrel and that ended well. 
Jos acted too quickly to turn things around but we don’t t know if that was his remit. 
DOF or someone advising Chansiri with Wednesday and football experience is a must. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Unless Chansiri picks the team, the tactics, the formations, the backroom staff, then Monk shoulders some of the blame, same as Jos, same as Judas Bruce, same as Carlos etc etc.

Without the 12 point deduction we would find ourselves in lower mid table tonight. Looking at the car crash Chansiri has left our finances in, and I include the disastrous and morally reprehensible ticket prices in this, that is exactly where a team of our abilities would be expected to be. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The thing is, those first 2 seasons I fell for all the talk about us fans having to pay more to have a side challenging for promotion, I even defended the pricing structure which on reflection has been a complete disaster.

But as talk of us being in the Premier League for our 150th birthday switched to “I put money into the club to keep us in the division” (or something along those lines), as we stumbled from embargo to embargo, as the calibre of players we were signing started to fall but the prices remained sky high, as we sold our stadium and then still got whacked with a 12 point deduction, it’s become more and more apparent that the club is in a complete mess.

Give me Milan Mandaric, Stuart Gray and the squad we had before all the “big names” came to the club ahead of the current garbage we are having to endure every day of the week.

To be fair mate I think its safe to say most Wednesday fans bought into the whole way the club ran simply because we were blinded by the fact it was a complete new chapter in the clubs history especially that first season, for once the club seemed to have the higher financial strength of the division, not scraping around for the bottom of barell signings but actually signing/linked with better calibre of players, a foreign manager for the first time in our history.

All this and really the "success" on the pitch was simply masking over the sh!tshow behind the scenes

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Honestly I defended Chansiri for the longest time, because I believe he does have the best interests of the the club at heart, but honestly, when he appointed Monk I found I couldn't defend him any longer, theres only so much even I can defend....

You’ve done more defending than van aken ever has 😝

• Haha 2