Blame the chairman

41 minutes ago, hk_owl said:

Find “Monk”

Replace “Chansiri”

I think we all need to get behind Chansiri and back him 100%. He isn’t going anywhere. He needs time, no point chopping and changing owners every two minutes. Shame the Chansiri Out brigade aren’t intelligent enough to see this.

Amazing.

Whilst our current predicament is entirely the chairman’s fault, I find hope in the fact that he appears to have learned some lessons.  Transfer-wise, he’s done OK since Jos left.

Its probably going to take two years to recover from the FFP shambles - probably  via league 1.  Let’s just hope that we find a team during this tough bottoming out period.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His latest bad decision is backing Monk in the summer with his own signings and his own coaching team.

After the horror show which was Christmas up until the end of last season, any other manager would have been sent packing. Monk made excuses saying the culture was wrong and there were bad eggs. Chansiri trusted him it seems. 

So, he’s had time this summer to work on the training pitch with his own team and with his own recruits. What do we get? Largely the same performances. Beaten quite easily at home to Luton Town. 

It will be another bad decision in a catalogue of errors by the chairman. DC means well, he supports his managers with signings but he seems to back the wrong horse far too often.

Agree with this. Carlos and Bruce were good appointments. Jos and Monk were and are dreadful.

Nothing has changed regardless of Monk having his own coaching team, getting rid of the bad eggs and getting a few of his own players in.

DC and Monk are to blame for our current horrific performances.

Edited by 109Waddle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

And utterly useless ... you forgot that bit . It’s alright though , we got to Wembley once . 

Agreed, every time I feel down about the current mess out club is in I think back to the day we failed to show up at Wembley a few seasons ago and then I don’t feel so bad.

Thank you Dejphon.

The thing is, he wont pull the trigger on Monk until it's too late and, when he does, he will probably leave Bullen in charge for several games.

A bit like selling the stadium to himself, he will leave it too late and then f*ck it up when he does.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The thing is, he wont pull the trigger on Monk until it's too late and, when he does, he will probably leave Bullen in charge for several games.

A bit like selling the stadium to himself, he will leave it too late and then f*ck it up when he does.

exactly this. He isn’t exactly known for acting fast, be that sacking a manager or naming a new one after getting rid of one. Most clubs when they sack one have another lined up. Forward thinking doesn’t seem to be something this club does. 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2020 at 21:45, Sheff44 said:

The predicament we are in is mostly down to the naive chairman/ owner we have.

He doesn't know anything much about running a football club  potentially sending a once famous/semi successful club backwards again. The sooner he's gone and sells the better.

Brentford were a lot better than us quality/ technically the other night, why are they better than us ? We were once a big club, Brentford, Luton never have been.

God bless ya, when covids gone, and the fans return,  u all deserve a medal paying those prices and watching that quality of football.

Suggest you go and watch some other team. You’re clearly not happy here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly this. He isn’t exactly known for acting fast, be that sacking a manager or naming a new one after getting rid of one. Most clubs when they sack one have another lined up. Forward thinking doesn’t seem to be something this club does. 

Well, the one he did have lined up with Bruce, who was a pretty amazing appointment when you actually think about it.

Bruce's resignation obviously caught us cold, but there was no excuse for the long drawn out manner of Monk's appointment, given he wasnt in work at the time.

Tbf, who is out there atm who would come and do a good job? 

What a mess.

4 hours ago, boomshaketheroom said:

Have we improved off the pitch? We had a new pitch and the ground has been tidied somewhat but have the training facilities improved?

What about youth development? Scouting?

Do we have a direction/ethos, or any kind of long term plan?

No, we don't. 

Year after year we are spending big money and our results don't improve nor our squad gets stronger. 

Our recruitment tactics will se us both relegated and in FFP trouble (again). 

• Like 2

The chairman is a genius, there can be no blame whatsoever apportioned to him.

Selling Hillsborough to himself, paid in instalments, which themselves are borrowed from a third(fourth?) party in terms of a loan with a charge over Hillsborough itself, all the while, fans line up to bow their heads in respect to the great businessman.  Not many people could have carried it off, but he has. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Well, the one he did have lined up with Bruce, who was a pretty amazing appointment when you actually think about it.

Bruce's resignation obviously caught us cold, but there was no excuse for the long drawn out manner of Monk's appointment, given he wasnt in work at the time.

What a mess.

I’d take Paul Cook. Never actually failed as a manager. He’s done a good job everywhere he’s been. Did a superb job at getting a demoralised and up against it Wigan side safe, not his fault they were giving a points deduction which took them down. I called for him when DC first took over. He’d be perfect right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

What a mess.

Yeah Bruce was a brilliant appointment, imo he was the manager we had been needing for so long and I wish he was still here. Someone that commands the respect from his players. Still gutted the way it turned out. It’s a tricky one, short term I think we need someone like a Bruce/Warnock character to give us the best chance to stay up but long term I would be happy with someone like Cook. 

16 hours ago, boomshaketheroom said:

Have we improved off the pitch? We had a new pitch and the ground has been tidied somewhat but have the training facilities improved?

What about youth development? Scouting?

Do we have a direction/ethos, or any kind of long term plan?

Off field modernising seems extremely limited.

On 24/10/2020 at 21:53, doubled123456 said:

The chairman has made many mistakes trying to get us into the premier. He's lost millions trying to get this for us. I don't want to dump on him. Fans calling for him to sell could leave us facing bankruptcy again if he pulls up stakes. Who else would buy us with a useless manager and too many poor players? We have to stick with him as I don't see any money men coming in. 

All through his own fault and stupid decisions 

• Like 1