Bannan

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I love it when therealist has had 16 pints. Very entertaining.

lol

I wish mate..just laying into Aldi’s rheinbacher..missing the 16 pint away jollies big time🤩

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

Other managers love Barry Bannan - including the Man City manager

One of many differences between Pep and Monk is that Pep understands how to utilise players like Bannan. Pep pioneered the modern 4-3-3 with Busquets as the holding player and Javi and Iniesta box-to-box. Javi and Iniesta were tasked to hit the forward players as soon as they were one v one. If the attackers aren’t “free” possession is maintained until they become free. Defensively, press and try to win back the ball in 6 seconds. 
Doubt Pep would play Bannan in the Busquets role, neither would he ask Iniesta to mark the opponents top scorer, nor would he tolerate Javi or Iniesta dropping deep next to the centre half and destroying the whole team dynamic. 
Bannan is a decent Championship player when utilised correctly. He’s a liability playing “Monkball”. Not Bannan’s fault. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

Sits too deep, creates very little, gets that ball all the time meaning we are slow and predictable.

Strikers are 60 yards upfield and isolated.

Not athletic enough

Doesn't score enough goals

Leaves us exposed defensively

We havent really had that fresh start. He should have gone with his mate fletcher.

Unacceptable all round today nobody is without blame

Perfect away, should never start home games 

53 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

For Christ’s sake.

List of our biggest problems:-

1. Skint

2. 12 point penalty

3. Monk

8347. Bannan

1. Chansiri

2. 12 point penalty

3. Monk

8347. Bannan

Looks more realistic to me !

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

I’ve been sayin for a year we had to get rid as he enters the last few month of his contract...all we are goin to get now is half arsed performances so he can jump ship in June and get a nice big payday s7mwher3 else..we never learn

Bannan is the least of our worries.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I feel sorry for Bannan playing in this team and under this manager. He would’ve been perfect for Brentford if they followed up their interest. 

Totally agree

Most overrated player in my 32 years watching Wednesday. No where near as good as folk think he is. For the amount of possession he has he is so ineffective. Can't tackle, is slow, rarely scores, set pieces are atrocious. He was at his best when he played on the left of the midfield, 5 years ago. Should have sold him when we had the chance. While ever he remains he will continue to stifle our development and those around him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I can discuss Barry Bannan until the cows come home

But this Barry Bannan thread is just odd

Discuss Bannan and Monk all day on how good they are, but has a pop at anyone posting an ounce of frustration aimed towards either one. 

People have different opinions, doesn't make anything odd about it 

• Like 3

He’s completely alone in the middle when you play him with Pelupessy...who takes ZERO responsibility on the ball

Then you’ve got Reach and Harris on the wrong sides, which is a proven to be ineffective tactic

Comedy club at the back with Dawson, Odubajo and Van Aken

And then a fat, long haired version of Jordan Rhodes upfront.

But yes, it’s Bannan’s fault for being the only player with an ounce of talent to create something 

Bazza must find it really difficult to decide which statue to aim at each week.

The movement ahead of him is appalling for a professional football team.

At times players were not showing for throw ins and wandering around aimlessly.

So f.ucking poor considering the situation we are in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Bazza must find it really difficult to decide which statue to aim at each week.

The movement ahead of him is appalling for a professional football team.

At times players were not showing for throw ins and wandering around aimlessly.

So f.ucking poor considering the situation we are in.

This is the issue, lack of movement off the ball.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

Most overrated player in my 32 years watching Wednesday. No where near as good as folk think he is. For the amount of possession he has he is so ineffective. Can't tackle, is slow, rarely scores, set pieces are atrocious. He was at his best when he played on the left of the midfield, 5 years ago. Should have sold him when we had the chance. While ever he remains he will continue to stifle our development and those around him.

You must have got a great opinion about rest of squad if you think Bannan is crap. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

I’ve been sayin for a year we had to get rid as he enters the last few month of his contract...all we are goin to get now is half arsed performances so he can jump ship in June and get a nice big payday s7mwher3 else..we never learn

When you slagged Michael Palin off i thought you couldn't be an even bigger winker than i thought. 

I was wrong again!

lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bradowl said:

You must have got a great opinion about rest of squad if you think Bannan is crap. 

That's not what I said. I said he was overrated. He's a good player when surrounded by good players (the first playoff season), but most players are. When he was at his best he wasn't anywhere close to being one of our best players. He currently might look "tidy" compared to the rest of them, but let's be honest, he's not that good. I stand by my opinion. A true rebuild will only happen once he is replaced. 

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, Nero said:

When you slagged Michael Palin off i thought you couldn't be an even bigger winker than i thought. 

I was wrong again!

lol

You are one of the biggest know nowts on here..you have been constantly wrong about evertthing for a long time...you remind me of one er the lads down our local boozer...knows a lot...about fizz all...and remember the rules..post not poster