Bannan

Guest Therealrealist

The problem is not Bannan, the problem is that when he plays for some reason all the other players lack the creativity to do anything apart from give it to bannan. Not sure if they've been told to do that, or there scared of the little weee gnome but players need to start growing a pair and try something themselves.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

The problem is not Bannan, the problem is that when he plays for some reason all the other players lack the creativity to do anything apart from give it to bannan. Not sure if they've been told to do that, or there scared of the little weee gnome but players need to start growing a pair and try something themselves.

So the problem is bannan then..if he weren’t there they wud have to do summat else

In this system, he needs Luongo sitting, to get the best out of him.

If anybody else plays that role, he just doesn't trust them enough, and ends up almost having to hold their hand... which in turn means he's starting 5-10 yards deeper, and struggles to affect the game.

I'm not excusing Bannan's poor display (his delivery was ******** dogga today), but there's more to it, than just Bannan "sitting too deep" or not having the options in front of him.

Since Carlos left (you could say before he left), we've consistently failed to create a system that manages to allow Bannan to play his optimal game. And to be fair to Bannan, he's adapted, played many roles and very rarely lets us down. But, by the same token, you cannot expect him to be our only creative force, whilst simultaenously having to look after his midfield partner.

It's not Bannan's fault that we've failed to bring in adequate cover for Luongo. Re-signing Pelupessy was a sign of things...he's not good enough, never has been, never will be. But that's the situation we find ourselves in.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I’ve been sayin for a year we had to get rid as he enters the last few month of his contract...all we are goin to get now is half arsed performances so he can jump ship in June and get a nice big payday s7mwher3 else..we never learn

Thought he did well today..bet he wished he had gone to Brentford ..

6 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Bannan isn't half the player he was in 2015/16

That’s because at that time he was a decent player in a good team.  He needs good players around him and the threat of not being an automatic starter to get the best out of him.  As things stand he’s expected to be our stand-out player every week and compensate for the lack of quality around him - alas he’s not good enough for that (no criticism intended).  There’s only Reach who at times seems to be on the same wavelength as Bannan.

He’s our best player, but ironically too good for this team and our style of play.  Should have been sold in the summer and replaced with a couple of players offering more energy and physicality.  Unfortunately it’s too late for that and I expect his performance levels to decline until he leaves for free.  Whilst I’m at it, what was he playing at for the goal?

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

That’s because at that time he was a decent player in a good team.  He needs good players around him and the threat of not being an automatic starter to get the best out of him.  As things stand he’s expected to be our stand-out player every week and compensate for the lack of quality around him - alas he’s not good enough for that (no criticism intended).  There’s only Reach who at times seems to be on the same wavelength as Bannan.

He’s our best player, but ironically too good for this team and our style of play.  Should have been sold in the summer and replaced with a couple of players offering more energy and physicality.  Unfortunately it’s too late for that and I expect his performance levels to decline until he leaves for free.  Whilst I’m at it, what was he playing at for the goal?

Bit silly to say someone is playing poor because they are our best player.

19 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I’ve been sayin for a year we had to get rid as he enters the last few month of his contract...all we are goin to get now is half arsed performances so he can jump ship in June and get a nice big payday s7mwher3 else..we never learn

Involved in all of our league goals this season other than the first one which came as a direct result of a mistake by the opposition. 

He needs good players around him to shine and an effective way of playing. Our stats this season put us in the top 3 for long balls - despite the fact we have now target man to play to and hold the ball up to bring others into play.

He played a great pass late in the game today that had Reach been able to control he would have had a shot on goal on his left foot from a good position - Reach couldn't control the pass.

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bannan used to look up and have Forestieri, Hooper, Lee, Wallace etc making runs and giving him options.  He knew the ball would stick or he would get the ball back. We have no one anywhere near their quality these days. He’s the very least of ours problems and we’re lucky he’s still here. 

Bunch of wasters who didn't train properly that lot though - glad to see the back of them! :ph34r:

Guest Therealrealist

Like I said in the bannan to Brentford thread..a change would do us both good...he’s a top player at this level but it’s time for us both to move on..surely even the hard of thinking realise this??

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

Bit silly to say someone is playing poor because they are our best player.

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t particularly clear.  Don’t think there can be any doubt that he’s our best player, I’m suggesting he’s too good to play effectively as part of our current set-up and starting to look a poor player.  He’s not suited to a Monk team and is unlikely to reach the same level of performance as in previous seasons.

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Like I said in the bannan to Brentford thread..a change would do us both good...he’s a top player at this level but it’s time for us both to move on..surely even the hard of thinking realise this??

And play who instead? Hunt - clearly not ready to play regularly at this level? Dele Bashiru? Don't think so.