3 mor games Mr Monk!

11 minutes ago, 0114 said:

And for some reason Monk isn’t getting the same pressure Jos received. 

People were begging Chansiri to get rid of Jos with an actual better record than the current one.

On top of that Jos never got defended for not bringing in his own people or the fact he was only allowed to bring in 2 permanent signing in his entire tenure. 

Monk has been given a very easy ride for how bad things have been. 

It's almost like we've given up as a fanbase.

1 win in 15 home games. 1 win.

The apathy is astounding.

15 minutes ago, 0114 said:

And for some reason Monk isn’t getting the same pressure Jos received. 

People were begging Chansiri to get rid of Jos with an actual better record than the current one.

On top of that Jos never got defended for not bringing in his own people or the fact he was only allowed to bring in 2 permanent signing in his entire tenure. 

Monk has been given a very easy ride for how bad things have been. 

Thats because fans aren't in the stadium.

We'd be chanting Monk out on a regular basis if we were!

Especially given our home record.

56 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I agree. And now ask yourself why? And it isn't the manager.

Most ridiculous comment I've seen, of course its the manager.

He's got his own players and his own staff and its made no difference to results!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Issue for me isn’t that game tonight just on it’s own. 

Brentford never really had to get out of 3rd gear tonight. We huffed and puffed without ever really hurting them. 

HIllsborough has never been an easier place to come and take points. 

The home form is the biggest worry for me to us going down this year. 

It's OK nicking 0-1 away wins, but we need to start winning at home,otherwise we'll have to win nearly all our away games. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The home form is the biggest worry for me to us going down this year. 

It's OK nicking 0-1 away wins, but we need to start winning at home,otherwise we'll have to win nearly all our away games. 

I don’t think some grasp how bad the home form is. Maybe because we haven’t been allowed in stadiums for a while now. 

1 win in 15 league matches at home.

9 of those 15 were losses. 

Not scored 2 goals in one game at home since 7th December 2019 against Brentford. 

Not lead at half time at Hillsborough since 22nd October 2019 against Stoke. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I don’t think some grasp how bad the home form is. Maybe because we haven’t been allowed in stadiums for a while now. 

1 win in 15 league matches at home.

9 of those 15 were losses. 

Not scored 2 goals in one game at home since 7th December 2019 against Brentford. 

Not lead at half time at Hillsborough since 22nd October 2019 against Stoke. 

That is some horrible stats, and people ask me if I enjoy supporting the owls.  Tougher to answer these days! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, camffiti said:

As soon as I saw the teamsheet, I wasn't expecting anything out of the game 

The embarrassing thing for Monk though, is ultimately, we lost because Odubajo was marking Toney from set pieces 

Absolutely. The player who has proven time and time again since he’s been here that he isn’t very good at defending, is marking one of their most physical and dangerous players from set pieces.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

What are people honestly expecting this season?

The next 3 games are crucial and will help us on our way. I think we will get a decent return.

I have to agree. We win and he's the new ron atkinson, lose one and he's dead man walking. I genuinely think some on here think we should make the play offs! Thought we looked a lot better team last night with some of the new additions showing a bit of passion which was sadly lacking last year. Brentfords £10 million pound striker unsurpringly made a difference. Reality check people, reality check......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

He's got his own players and his own staff and its made no difference to results!

How many games have we played this season?!??!!! 6 with new players and his own  staff.

6 matches , won 2 lost 2 drawn 2.  Get real no way is Monk going anywhere, he is changing a team that has been full of over paid has been's.

People keep banging on we have lost quality from the team, however I cannot think of one permanent signing I wish we still had.

Last night just showed how far we have fallen behind.  This is because DC messed up big style squandering money on players who many were well past their sell by 

date. 

Whoever is the manager will need time to sort this out, we will see as this season unfolds if Monk is up to the job.

20 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

I have to agree. We win and he's the new ron atkinson, lose one and he's dead man walking. I genuinely think some on here think we should make the play offs! Thought we looked a lot better team last night with some of the new additions showing a bit of passion which was sadly lacking last year. Brentfords £10 million pound striker unsurpringly made a difference. Reality check people, reality check......

I'm not that up and down, but if we are going to stay up these three are our main rivals for avoiding the drop. 

These games are the ones we need to be taking 3 points from other wise we'll really struggle.. 

32 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Garry Monk's name will never be mentioned in the same breath as Ron Atkinson

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Cool. Do I get a prize lol

So it's nothing to do with the players then, no? Or perhaps what has/is going off at the club? And nothing to do with the allegedly disruptive players? Just the manager? Only him? Nothing else?

Okay. I didn't realise it was that simple. Silly me.

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm not that up and down, but if we are going to stay up these three are our main rivals for avoiding the drop. 

These games are the ones we need to be taking 3 points from other wise we'll really struggle.. 

next 3 agree 100% fella, brentford different kettle of fish though.

19 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

So it's nothing to do with the players then, no? Or perhaps what has/is going off at the club? And nothing to do with the allegedly disruptive players? Just the manager? Only him? Nothing else?

You can't blame 1 win in 15 on those things. Its a shocking record at any club regardless of circumstances!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I don't think it's simple at all, we've been going backwards for a long long time and whatever manager comes along it never seems to get any better.

I'm not a massive fan of Monks but think we should give him time.

Chopping and changing managers will only make things worse.

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

You can't blame 1 win in 15 on those things. Its a shocking record at any club regardless of circumstances!

Not entirely, no. And I agree, it is a shocking record. Nonetheless, that did impact on our form in the second half of the season. But yet nobody has brought the oposition in to the equation.

This season so far at home, we have played two of the teams likely to be there or thereabouts. We drew against Watford, drew against QPR having lost 3 defenders and down to 10 men, and lost against a very good Brentford team. You can't blame Monk for the quality of the opostion.

We aren't all that you know, we are a mid-table team and we are going to get beaten again this season, no matter who is in charge. Put Klopp or Pep in and they would still lose. We are shopping in a very different market and that isn't the fault of the manager. He wants certain players no doubt, but DC doesn't want to, or can't spend that much. There is much more to this than just the manager, yet some people just can't or won't see that.

And that's the last I am saying on it in this thread. We are all entitled to our opinions, but not our own facts.