3 mor games Mr Monk!

8 minutes ago, Mus said:

I don't think it's simple at all, we've been going backwards for a long long time and whatever manager comes along it never seems to get any better.

I'm not a massive fan of Monks but think we should give him time.

Chopping and changing managers will only make things worse.

I did say it was the last I was saying, but then a sensible post comes along.

I totally agree with everything you have said, and feel exactly the same way. I said in another thread that if we get 8 points from the 5 games, including Brentford which we lost, then I think 16 from the first 10 is not a bad return, given our circumstances - financial and otherwise.

• Like 1

Hunt is a young lad and probably shouldn't have been thrown in last night against a very good side, probably should have started Joey.

We missed Luongo in CM, not just his individual work but also because Bannan was less effective.

I think Ivan Toney doesn't have that much success if we swap Odubajo for Iorfa, Moses worked his socks off but he's not used to defending against powerful number 9s. Iorfa deals with it, he's stronger and quicker than Toney.

Izzy Brown also gives us a different approach to creating things, we are a better side with him.

I think we missed those 3 and maybe we would have got more than a point with them.

3 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

I have to agree. We win and he's the new ron atkinson, lose one and he's dead man walking. I genuinely think some on here think we should make the play offs! Thought we looked a lot better team last night with some of the new additions showing a bit of passion which was sadly lacking last year. Brentfords £10 million pound striker unsurpringly made a difference. Reality check people, reality check......

People need to reflect on what you are saying and take a reality pill. On an earlier thread GM was being praised for the window activity which has seen a significant change in personnel, generally well received, and costing around £1m   Brentford had 1 player that cost £10m in a team that were play off runners up.  
For goodness sake by all means point out issues and problems but the unrealistic negativity after last night is way overboard 

• Like 2

Brentford are a good side no doubt but having Oddjob mark Toney is asking for trouble. 

Monks team selection, tactics and substitutions absolute make me scratch my head. Let’s be honest too the football isn’t great with the side looking gassed after 65 minutes and resorting to hoof ball. 

I’m not sure what our identity is under Monk and I’m not convinced that 3 at the back is the way forward with such weak wing back play. 

These next 3 games are ones that expectations of have to be high based on the quality of the opposition. Questions must surely be asked if our return on these games is poor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Hunt is a young lad and probably shouldn't have been thrown in last night against a very good side, probably should have started Joey.

We missed Luongo in CM, not just his individual work but also because Bannan was less effective.

I think Ivan Toney doesn't have that much success if we swap Odubajo for Iorfa, Moses worked his socks off but he's not used to defending against powerful number 9s. Iorfa deals with it, he's stronger and quicker than Toney.

Izzy Brown also gives us a different approach to creating things, we are a better side with him.

I think we missed those 3 and maybe we would have got more than a point with them.

My thoughts too, but we can't afford to have too many if buts and maybes this season!

20 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

My thoughts too, but we can't afford to have too many if buts and maybes this season!

Agree completely mate, we haven't got the space for ifs and buts, we need results now. 

I am afraid the development of players like Hunt need to take a back seat this season. We need our senior players out there every week.

It's the only way in my eyes, relegation will hurt us much more. 

On 21/10/2020 at 21:44, jonnyowl said:

Luton

Rotherham

Wycombe 

Felt we did well in patches tonight against one of the best teams in the division.

Let down by individual mistakes from usual suspects.

But next three games, no excuses, games we must be winning if we are to get out of this mess!

There 3 games,3 games that we would expect to win,totally  agree.....not the end of the season if we dont... Rotherham in particular,not a push over...They will be trying to prove a point against us...

They will try to punch above their weight,& PW has shown himself to be a decent coach...

On 21/10/2020 at 16:48, jonnyowl said:

Dawson and Odubajo neither good enough!

What has convinced Monk to stick with Dawson? He makes to many mistakes and the opposition are well aware of his habit of pushing the ball out after they take a shot on goal. How can our defence have confidence with him in goal.

13 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

Even when the senior boys aren’t performing??

It depends what you mean by not performing, if any of them go on a run of bad form then fair enough, change it.

But the player coming in needs to perform and keep the shirt.

You are going to get more consistency from your senior players, surely.

Dawson wasn't great against Brentford, I would be looking to give Wildsmith another go now.

Hunt was out of his depth and looked a little lost, i thought Joey was better and despite being limited on the ball he competed well and broke things up.

I have no other issues with anyone else, I think eventually we will see Windass and Marriott competing for the 2nd striker role with Paterson, with Izzy Brown playing at the top of the 3.

We need Iorfa back, I think him and Flint will be impressive, Van Aken is playing well with Borner pushing him. Also, Dunkley will be pushing them soon with also Tom Lees returning. Great options, that also allows us to use Odubajo at wing back for Reach or Harris, this is where I think we are a bit light on options.

On 21/10/2020 at 21:44, jonnyowl said:

Luton

Rotherham

Wycombe 

Felt we did well in patches tonight against one of the best teams in the division.

Let down by individual mistakes from usual suspects.

But next three games, no excuses, games we must be winning if we are to get out of this mess!

too late...