3 mor games Mr Monk!

3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

We keep losing?!? What are you expecting, going on a Huddersfield type run of 4855 games without a loss? No team in the world does that. Villa 7 Liverpool 2. Man Utd 1 Spurs 6.

We are missing Irofa, Brown, Lees, Luongo and Dunkley is yet to start. And yet, in the second half we more than competed with one of the best teams in the league. Come on!

There are too many people on here who just love to point the finger at the manager without taking any consideration of the facts.

Facts, look at our home record if you want facts. No excuses it's abysmal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

The problem is that monk has been here over a year and how many times has he changed it at half time because he has got his team wrong. 

His line ups 

Subs 

Tactics 

Are all wrong. 

People happy with the second half. We were chasing a game and didn't have a single meaningful shot at goal should we be happy with that? We were playing Brentford not man City 

And man for man their squad has more quality than ours. We are Sheffield Wednesday, not Barcelona. Brentford are an excellent team and if you don't know or realise that, then you don't know a great deal about football or you are blind to the truth.

Hopefully a reality check for those who were talking about playoffs after the Birmingham game.

We did ok last night but we haven't got the quality to compete against the better teams in the league. Brentford were in cruise mode.

We are going to have to beat the poorer teams this year to get the points we need to stay up.

Huge 3 games coming up.

36 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

The problem is that monk has been here over a year and how many times has he changed it at half time because he has got his team wrong. 

His line ups 

Subs 

Tactics 

Are all wrong. 

People happy with the second half. We were chasing a game and didn't have a single meaningful shot at goal should we be happy with that? We were playing Brentford not man City

I assume you're submitting your CV to DC extolling your managerial credentials.

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
27 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I agree. And now ask yourself why? And it isn't the manager.

It’s the toxic fans innit creating a bad atmosphere....oh wait a minute....

Just now, full fathom five said:

You told me it isn't the manager, i asked isn't it, you haven't answered why it isn't the manager. So please, do tell.

I don't need to answer why. It should be obvious, which is why I want to know your theory.

The fact you aren't forthcoming with it suggests you haven't got one, apart from get rid of Monk. And then get rid of the next manager, and so on, ad infinitum.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

I don't need to answer why. It should be obvious, which is why I want to know your theory.

The fact you aren't forthcoming with it suggests you haven't got one, apart from get rid of Monk. And then get rid of the next manager, and so on, ad infinitum.

Brilliant, you don't need to answer but i do.😄😀

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Jos has a massively superior home record to Monks.

Just let that sink in.

And for some reason Monk isn’t getting the same pressure Jos received. 

People were begging Chansiri to get rid of Jos with an actual better record than the current one.

On top of that Jos never got defended for not bringing in his own people or the fact he was only allowed to bring in 2 permanent signing in his entire tenure. 

Monk has been given a very easy ride for how bad things have been. 

• Like 2

End of last season we were in a mess and if Monk had been moved on then I wouldn't have complained, although wouldn't have held him totally responsible for things.
But think since end of last season he has done well. 
Got rid of the over inflated egos and brought in solid Championship performers on a limited budget. We are a hard working and organised side if lacking any real spark.
I was worried this season might be really embarrassing one and even after 6 games relegation might be an almost forgone conclusion with the points deduction.

But we have a fighting chance of stopping up, would put our chances at 50/50. 

I cant see anyone else who we can realistically get would do any better.

11 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

And Hunt.

He’s young and still think he’s got a lot to give. Brentford are one of the best teams in the league and  was always going to struggle against a side like that (sort of begs the question why he started to be honest).