3 mor games Mr Monk!

4 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Bit of lump it tonight. 
bad defending 

dawson should be trying put that out for corner. Defence switched off where Toney dint. 
wrong man marking Toney for second. Came quick but Dawson dint move. Prob too late to see it tbf. 
midfield wide open first half. 

Dawson want trying to do anything with the shot....it was a reaction save that he got a lower arm to.....not his hand......if one of ours reacts as quick as Toney did then it’s lauded as a great reaction save.....and when I say reacted as quick.....not one of ours reacted at all

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Luton

Rotherham

Wycombe 

Blimey, if he can't stay in a job playing those three he really is worse than we all believe!

That has to be nine points, absolutely - but i'm sure some will defend Monk if he only gets a win and a draw out of those games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Battled well but outclassed, didn't deserve anything tbh. 

Take your point but I thought we did. 
Hunt was out of his depth first half and we needed to close it down. 
Did that second half and deserved something. We’ll be ok. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They looked the real deal tonight.

Bright, first to every ball.

Quick, mobile,fluent and tidy.

They controlled the tempo and pulled us around all over the shop at will.

They had clearly done their homework on our frailties.

We are miles away from them but we need to find away to hold our own.

That soft midfield picked tonight would get steamrollered by far less quality sides than Brentford and that’s my concern...

If Loungo can only play every other game, we need to find a player within the squad who can competently and compete physically.

Hunt and Rhodes are just not physical enough for the battles ahead IMO.

We are a such soft side in midfield if Loungo is out for long periods and that will need to be sorted even when Iorfa gets back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flat Owl said:

That soft midfield picked tonight would get steamrollered by far less quality sides than Brentford

No they wouldn't because Brentford didn't do that...second half they changed tactics because we pushed them back...instaed of pressing forward they held on to the ball

I thought we were ok tonight. Certainly good enough to stay up if we play like that every week. Brentford are a good side and so far would be my tip to win the league. No disgrace at all tonight. Onwards and upwards. Three winnable games coming up. We'll see where we are in a fortnight, that'll give us a better idea of our fate. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

No they wouldn't because Brentford didn't do that...second half they changed tactics because we pushed them back...instaed of pressing forward they held on to the ball

you miss my point Dave.

That game was lost in the first half with the lack of bite in the starting 11.

We need physicality to get a grip in midfield at least to put more pressure on them.

They were just too quick first half.  Joey come on deep and shores it up but at the expense of support in the last third.

They knew we struggle to score, and sat back until a time of their choosing.  They controlled everything and it could have been 1-4.

We might have pushed them back for 15 minutes but that was all - no trouble for the keeper even after Janssen went off.

They were in complete control and just bided their time playing patiently across the back and pulled us around until they found a gap.

We will still need to find a way to compete in midfield against teams with less quality if/when Loungo is missing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Thanks to the actions of our chairman Saturday is now a must win game.

Why was he marking Toney 😎

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

They looked the real deal tonight.

Bright, first to every ball.

Quick, mobile,fluent and tidy.

They controlled the tempo and pulled us around all over the shop at will.

They had clearly done their homework on our frailties.

We are miles away from them but we need to find away to hold our own.

That soft midfield picked tonight would get steamrollered by far less quality sides than Brentford and that’s my concern...

If Loungo can only play every other game, we need to find a player within the squad who can competently and compete physically.

Hunt and Rhodes are just not physical enough for the battles ahead IMO.

We are a such soft side in midfield if Loungo is out for long periods and that will need to be sorted even when Iorfa gets back.

Yep back to being weak as wee again