Hutchinson

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's no coincidence this seasons positive start has come on the back of certain cockwombles nowhere near things.

What do you attribute last seasons positive start to then?

24 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We are in a massively worse position than we were when DC took over.

Millions and millions of pounds have left the club.

These players that we thankfully have got rid of finally, are laughing their sacks off.

DC has seen the light now, which is great.

Those praising the overpaid shysters now living it up round the world on the back of out exorbitant ticket prices think on.

Think on what?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prince said:

Reminds me of a mate of mine, lost his management job at a big IT firm and ended up delivering for Hermes after a few months of no offers.

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I know where you're coming from but... I admire your mate.

i agree................dont know why Mr Farrell would find that funny , fair play to the bloke for getting on with it.

i lost my job due to Covid and you have to adapt and if needs be settle for less.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What do you attribute last seasons positive start to then?

New manager, new players and a bit of luck. I think we did well in the league despite, not because of, said "cockwombles" to quote Mr F.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

New manager, new players and a bit of luck. I think we did well in the league despite, not because of, said "cockwombles" to quote Mr F.

So the same as this season then?

Bullen got 9 points from the opening 6 games which was deemed not good enough having picked up 6 from the first two. Glad we improved in the new year after the 'cockwonbles' had been moved on........ 

1 hour ago, Animis said:

In Cyprus?

He must have been on £15k-£20k/week at Hillsborough and presumably wanted £15k at least for his next move - that's why people on here were suggesting he would end up @ QPR/Millwall etc.

I can't imagine he's not going to get that at this club, unless i'm reading it wrong.

He will probably be on a lot more than that, mega wages abroad for players maybe not thought much here,or those injury prone or aging..now are a given..owners prepared to pay...Its about the rhetoric on here about keeping him,his ability,& the fact that no other Championship club(thant i am aware of) has come in for him,despite no fee involved...Doesn't add up does it? This brilliant player we had to keep,mad to drop...?

Other than those at the end of their career,or those with alleged few other 'options' what player can you name who has willingly left the UK football leagues to play abroad?(not Europe) US,China,Malta/Cyprus leagues etc...

6 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

We didnt have a new manager ??

Sam Hutchinson played 18 of 22 league games up to Christmas last year, which is a good number of the games available especially considering his previous seasons injury problems. There was also at least one suspension in there. In those games he performed very well and was a big contribution to us being 3rd at Christmas. 

Now i am not privy to what went off behind the scenes or why he was banned from the club by the manager but I can tell you that him not playing was a big factor in us dropping like a stone. Not the only factor but it was mainly Pelupessy that played instead and that was a massive factor.

People have there opinions and there entitled to them but every game he played for us over 6 years he left everything out on the field. And he was a good player. I just dont think he deserves the disrespect he gets on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So the same as this season then?

Bullen got 9 points from the opening 6 games which was deemed not good enough having picked up 6 from the first two. Glad we improved in the new year after the 'cockwonbles' had been moved on........ 

Sorry, but I really struggle to keep up with the multi threads of your responses. You asked what we could attribute last season's good start to, and I replied directly to that. Now you're saying the same as this season, but the CW's have gone?! Then you say bullen wasn't deemed good enough? Then you talk about the new year once the CW's had gone. WTF have those 2 things got to do with the price of fish?

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Throughout that period we did better without Hutch than with him. 

I was comparing the two starts to the season - Hutchinson started the games under Bullen when we were top of the league after two matches.

Also, the difference in results when Hutchinson played compared to when he didn't prior to Christmas was negligible. After he was removed from the squad completely folliowing the QPR cup win the results were abysmal. 

2 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Sorry, but I really struggle to keep up with the multi threads of your responses. You asked what we could attribute last season's good start to, and I replied directly to that. Now you're saying the same as this season, but the CW's have gone?! Then you say bullen wasn't deemed good enough? Then you talk about the new year once the CW's had gone. WTF have those 2 things got to do with the price of fish?

I'm just interested to know why things are much better now they have gone compared to how they were at the same time last season when they were around and then how things changed last season when they were removed. Can you explain this to me? 

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We didnt have a new manager ??

Sam Hutchinson played 18 of 22 league games up to Christmas last year, which is a good number of the games available especially considering his previous seasons injury problems. There was also at least one suspension in there. In those games he performed very well and was a big contribution to us being 3rd at Christmas. 

Now i am not privy to what went off behind the scenes or why he was banned from the club by the manager but I can tell you that him not playing was a big factor in us dropping like a stone. Not the only factor but it was mainly Pelupessy that played instead and that was a massive factor.

People have there opinions and there entitled to them but every game he played for us over 6 years he left everything out on the field. And he was a good player. I just dont think he deserves the disrespect he gets on here.

I agree, he was a good player, I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with is his attitude and the impact on the club from his attitude. It festered and caused issues for a long time.

As a player he was good, but in the end he wasn't a good clubman or team person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm just interested to know why things are much better now they have gone compared to how they were at the same time last season when they were around and then how things changed last season when they were removed. Can you explain this to me? 

Look at the team spirit and the smiling faces, that says a heck of a lot. Tom lees back to his best (please let it be) and the team fighting ultra hard on the pitch.

Long way to go, but a good start so far, team spirit and togetherness will hopefully continue to build and contribute to us moving forward.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Look at the team spirit and the smiling faces, that says a heck of a lot. Tom lees back to his best (please let it be) and the team fighting ultra hard on the pitch.

Long way to go, but a good start so far, team spirit and togetherness will hopefully continue to build and contribute to us moving forward.

Go and look at the photo's of the players and the team as a whole from after the matches against Reading and Barnsley last season when we were top of the league after two games. You could say exactly the same thing then. 

Tom Lees was back to his best for two games when he returned after lockdown too, he followed that up with 2 awful displays. 

I would imagine when Hutchinson and Westwood first came the aim was to become an established Championship team, instead of flirting with the danger of relegation.

Mission accomplished. When they were kicked out we started flirting with relegation again.

Cold hard facts.

Hopefully happy smiling faces mean we stop flirting with relegation this season.

I'll start.

😁

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I was comparing the two starts to the season - Hutchinson started the games under Bullen when we were top of the league after two matches.

Also, the difference in results when Hutchinson played compared to when he didn't prior to Christmas was negligible. After he was removed from the squad completely folliowing the QPR cup win the results were abysmal. 

There were two VERY different periods last season:-

Fletcher playing

Fletcher not

Hutchinson was not a difference. Like I posted, our record in the Fletcher playing period was worse with Hutch than without him,

But look, he’s gone. He was a fine player for us. IMO overrated. But always gave his all. Not a clue if he was trouble in the dressing-room. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

Ironic that there are similarities between what Monk has done and what Luhukay appeared to be doing.

There are.

Luhukay seemed to lose the plot in a way that Monk hasn't, though.

Results weren't good, but Monk always seemed more confident in what he was doing long-term and didn't appear as visibly shaken by the experience as Luhukay did at times.

• Like 1