Hutchinson

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Ron Atkinson won the league cup not Tricky Trev. The squad we then built was top 3 , the best I have seen at Hillsborough. Under Paras logic they would be highly paid and deserve vitriol for failing. Think you have missed the point. The joy of watching us dismantle Blackburn , hammer the Pigs at Wembley all ended without trophies but left great memories.

Err No i will post my own 'logic' dont put words in my mouth,voice your own opinion please,not presume to voice mine,in the premier league for example,such is the standard simply initially 'surviving' once promoted is currently seen as success.Comparing apples with pears..

47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No it’s not how it works. The players didn’t renew their own contracts or give themselves bumper new deals.

That was the clubs decision. 

FF for example. Left the club for nothing. Refused to play against Norwich, disrespecting everyone involved with the club. 4 months later he gets a brand new deal with a significant pay rise for his troubles.

Of course it was the Clubs decision why state the obvious? but the overall frame work they operate in,negotiations with Player 'agents' & the overall demands & offers from other Clubs( real or allegedly manufactured )drive up the wages to the extent that Clubs feel they have to offer ever lucrative contracts...The overall background of TV  money & huge PL income adds to the picture..its broken & unsustainable

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Errrr nothing? 16 years in top flight status? after promotion under Howard(bar one wobble with Ron) than straight back up....2 Cup Finals 3rd in the league(and we should have won it that Year) Quote: Wednesday finished third in the First Division at the end of the 1991–92 season, booking their place in the following season's UEFA Cup and becoming a founder member of the new FA Premier League.

Founder member of the new Premier league? but achieved nothing under 'Tricky Trev'   3rd in the League,Qualifying for the Eufa Cup,and 2 Cup Finals....some of these posts are laughable...

The 1990s: Life at the top[edit]

Under the stewardship of chairman Dave Richards, the 1990s were to become the most successful and exciting period in Wednesday's history since the 1930s.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C.#:~:text=Under the management of Wilkinson,of the next sixteen seasons.

What have we achieved in the last 25 years? Two promotions from League One? What else?

Fans like you are part of the problem. Hark back to a few years in the early 90s and then disregard what other players did for the club because they didn’t reach the heights of Chris Waddle, David Hirst etc. 

That was 30 years ago. I wasn’t even alive. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So it’s the players fault for accepting lucrative contracts. They decided how much they were going to be paid and how long for.

Reyt. That’s how it works.

The players have to bear a lot of the responsibility for not giving us ,the fans ,value for those lucrative contracts.

Or is it ok for them to not give a damn and just pick up the money.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Time we looked at the Tricky Trev squad highly paid never won anything.Or how about the mid sixties squad. We have won one trophy in 50 years so with your point of view all these players have let the side down and deserve vitriol. Utter utter bull poo .

Really? 

Errrr nothing? 16 years in top flight status? after promotion under Howard(bar one wobble with Ron) than straight back up....2 Cup Finals 3rd in the league(and we should have won it that Year) Quote: Wednesday finished third in the First Division at the end of the 1991–92 season, booking their place in the following season's UEFA Cup and becoming a founder member of the new FA Premier League.

Founder member of the new Premier league? but achieved nothing under 'Tricky Trev'   3rd in the League,Qualifying for the Eufa Cup,and 2 Cup Finals....some of these posts are laughable...

The 1990s: Life at the top[edit]

Under the stewardship of chairman Dave Richards, the 1990s were to become the most successful and exciting period in Wednesday's history since the 1930s.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C.#:~:text=Under the management of Wilkinson,of the next sixteen seasons.

13 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Ron Atkinson won the league cup not Tricky Trev. The squad we then built was top 3 , the best I have seen at Hillsborough. Under Paras logic they would be highly paid and deserve vitriol for failing. Think you have missed the point. The joy of watching us dismantle Blackburn , hammer the Pigs at Wembley all ended without trophies but left great memories.

You stated squad. The majority of that squad had just won the League Cup.

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

The players have to bear a lot of the responsibility for not giving us ,the fans ,value for those lucrative contracts.

Or is it ok for them to not give a damn and just pick up the money.

Explain? The only one I’d question is FF and Westwood, possibly.

I don’t think you can fault the likes of Lee, Lees, Bannan, Fletcher, Hutchinson when it comes to showing effort. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What have we achieved in the last 25 years? Two promotions from League One? What else?

Fans like you are part of the problem. Hark back to a few years in the early 90s and then disregard what other players did for the club because they didn’t reach the heights of Chris Waddle, David Hirst etc. 

That was 30 years ago. I wasn’t even alive. 

Comments like yours are part of the problem,not me.....support for SWFC didn't start from 25 Years ago...I wasn't the one who started off the looking back,or the 'Tricky Trev' comments,nor was i looking back to decades ago...i look to the current squad,the current season,& the current manager..I just posted some 'cold hard facts' current buzz word on here isnt it?

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

You stated squad. The majority of that squad had just won the League Cup.

Yes agree,and as to Big Ron winning the Cup as Zicosterland said,yes he did,with TF playing in the matches,and as non playing sub on the day,not as though he had no role,overall.

1 hour ago, parajack said:

The vitriol as you call it,is for ex & current players who have allegedly let the side down,and made millions in the process.In my view its well deserved....& the fans/supporters will be paying sky high prices(IF we ever get back!!) for Years to come,and long after these people have gone..as a consequence

So it's 'alleged' but 'well deserved'

Unless you know any info of course?

34 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So it's 'alleged' but 'well deserved'

Unless you know any info of course?

Yes it is alleged,because Millionaire players,managers,Chairman, have deep pockets & make sure that if i have something to say,i only allege it.....that way legally in print ime protected from any come back...some short memory's on here ....

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes it is alleged,because Millionaire players,managers,Chairman, have deep pockets & make sure that if i have something to say,i only allege it.....that way legally in print ime protected from any come back...some short memory's on here ....

So another know n'owt then?

2 hours ago, Sumi Shimamoto said:

Monk never went full on swear and storm out like Jos, but he looked very lost and pretty shaken to me in some of those post match interviews like Blackburn, Luton, Reading.....

He did look and sound very angry, definitely.

At the risk of joining the board of Owlstalk body language experts, he never struck me as desperate and floundering in the way that Luhukay did towards the end, though.

It seemed more like he was professionally affronted by some of what he was seeing and had accepted that he may not be given the chance to stick around to try to sort it out.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So another know n'owt then?

Your not even on the same page are you? ive just explained that when i post an ' opinion' about something i preface it,if i think its appropriate with 'allege' you can allege anything,but you cant say anything,without the risk of someone suing you...like i said some on here(you included by the looks of it) have very short memorys

And as to 'knowing nowt' its a forum,few if any on here 'know owt' do we? we have views about different SWFC matters and discuss them,hopefully in a friendly way..we have rumours,hints,media interviews and just plain life experience to draw upon for our views...

Edited by parajack

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Thats what players get. We offered the deals they didn't write them.

Relevance? of your comment?....context,ie cost to the club & the fans(in inflated ticket prices)  original post was that they didnt cost anything both corrrect(no signing on fee required) and incorrect high alleged wages bill over the years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Relevance? of your comment?....context,ie cost to the club & the fans(in inflated ticket prices)  original post was that they didnt cost anything both corrrect(no signing on fee required) and incorrect high alleged wages bill over the years

A player gets what a club is willing to pay . Relevance is a player is not to blame if he gets a good deal. The blame does not sit with the player but with the club.