Hutchinson

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

No one is arguing that it wasn’t the right time for both to leave the club. It ran its course and we needed a fresh change.

But this belief both players didn’t help Wednesday or were terrible influences is just rumours and is not backed up. I like to concentrate on what happens on the pitch - and when both Westwood and Hutchinson started we got more points on the board than without them. This is a cold hard fact. 

Irrelevant your not answering the Q....stats are a snapshot in time,Hutchinson & Westwood from memory were both dropped for form reasons,Westwoods form in particular post recontracting in my view allegedly dropped off a cliff edge...you have to look at things in context,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Irrelevant your not answering the Q....stats are a snapshot in time,Hutchinson & Westwood from memory were both dropped for form reasons,Westwoods form in particular post recontracting in my view allegedly dropped off a cliff edge...you have to look at things in context,

I answered the question.

During their time here we were more successful with them playing that without them. The haterz won’t like to hear that though.

Its a cold, hard fact. They were part of our most successful team in 20 years. Another cold, hard fact. Westwood broke our clean sheet record as goalkeeper in three consecutive seasons. Another cold, hard fact.

I don’t care if they are ******** off the pitch. We were better with them playing than without. 

Time to move on for sure, but people are looking to blame the wrong people for why we’ve struggled over the past few seasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Cyprus as a country has a good handle on the covid situation with only 1500 cases so it makes perfect sense to live there and play football. Be honest, Who really wants to live in this country at this moment in time?

You really believe thats the reason he has gone there?..really?  or is that just a happy bonus of going?...long history of players allegedly past their best going oversea's to get an alleged final pay day

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I answered the question.

During their time here we were more successful with them playing that without them. The haterz won’t like to hear that though.

Its a cold, hard fact. They were part of our most successful team in 20 years. Another cold, hard fact. Westwood broke our clean sheet record as goalkeeper in three consecutive seasons. Another cold, hard fact.

I don’t care if they are ******** off the pitch. We were better with them playing than without. 

Time to move on for sure, but people are looking to blame the wrong people for why we’ve struggled over the past few seasons. 

Mate if we paid Ronaldo, Beckham and Pele to play for us you'd expect us to do better with them in the side

But if after years of them being at the club we'd achieved NOTHING we can also say that we achieved NOTHING

We achieved NOTHING

Unless you want to put the playoff final and finishing in the top 5 of the Championship on our honours board?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

He matched the record didnt he?rather than breaking it? post your source please:(https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/westwood-reaches-cleansheet-milestone/)

but the last time he did that was season 2017 wasn't it? So given we differ on stats the ones relevant are 2018 to 2020.No doubt WW was quality in his prime,but something went badly wrong,we may never know what.......Dont forget as well we have had promotion winning sides in the 20 years you mention yes that was in the old third division,but you saying that side wasn't successful? less successful than a side that achieved nothing? Cos to some reaching a play off final,and losing is 'success' to others its failure(at the final hurdle..) 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I answered the question.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, parajack said:

So why do you believe two completely different managers saw fit to drop him & Westwood? where has the 'clamour' been pre season to sign either?(in the Championship?)..no one come in for Lee either..(not including him in any alleged S6 'issues' just saying)

why? free agents,no fee required 

That’s different from saying he didn’t give a **** though. He could have been let go for a variation of reasons. Monk is looking to build a younger fitter squad. He doesn’t fit that criteria.

As for the rest of them, they all have an essence of ‘crock’ about them 

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate if we paid Ronaldo, Beckham and Pele to play for us you'd expect us to do better with them in the side

But if after years of them being at the club we'd achieved NOTHING we can also say that we achieved NOTHING

We achieved NOTHING

Unless you want to put the playoff final and finishing in the top 5 of the Championship on our honours board?

lol

We will be achieving NOTHING for many years to come..whoever is playing for us

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We achieved NOTHING

lol

All correct in my view....'facts' mean what you want them to mean....to reinforce opinions...

20 minutes ago, parajack said:

You really believe thats the reason he has gone there?..really?  or is that just a happy bonus of going?...long history of players allegedly past their best going oversea's to get an alleged final pay day

In Cyprus?

He must have been on £15k-£20k/week at Hillsborough and presumably wanted £15k at least for his next move - that's why people on here were suggesting he would end up @ QPR/Millwall etc.

I can't imagine he's not going to get that at this club, unless i'm reading it wrong.

20 minutes ago, parajack said:

He matched the record didnt he?rather than breaking it? post your source please:(https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/westwood-reaches-cleansheet-milestone/)

but the last time he did that was season 2017 wasn't it? So given we differ on stats the ones relevant are 2018 to 2020.No doubt WW was quality in his prime,but something went badly wrong,we may never know what.......Dont forget as well we have had promotion winning sides in the 20 years you mention yes that was in the old third division,but you saying that side wasn't successful? less successful than a side that achieved nothing? Cos to some reaching a play off final,and losing is 'success' to others its failure(at the final hurdle..) 

If we are talking about records this is the first time since 1981 that we have managed 4 clean sheet at the start of the season. So you could argue that things are moving in the correct direction. At the end of the day Hutchinson and the rest (bar Westwood) have now been moved on and this squabbling about what they brought to the team is now even more irrelevant as they are not our players anymore

• Like 2