Hutchinson

4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A player gets what a club is willing to pay . Relevance is a player is not to blame if he gets a good deal. The blame does not sit with the player but with the club.

4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A player gets what a club is willing to pay . Relevance is a player is not to blame if he gets a good deal. The blame does not sit with the player but with the club.

Your marking your own homework mate,thats got nothing whatsoever at all to do with the flow of thread comments...I repeat the original flow was that Owlstalk i believe said they had cost the club money in signing on and wages,a reply was given that they were signed on a free,and i replied with 'wages'....Millions or something similar....

Not about blame its about acknowledged that such deals and methods have cost both the Club,and the Fans plenty,(and still are in the fans case) & achieved only debt and sanction

21 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm actually quite surprised by this move, not because I thought Hutchinson was still a fantastic player who the cream of the Championship would be falling over themselves to sign, but because of what it could suggest about his mindset at this point in his career.

He's always struck me as a fighter, for better or worse, and someone who would back himself to the hilt. Yes, the lifestyle in Cyprus could be great, but it's hardly a hotbed of competitive football, is it? A lower Championship or even League One club would surely have offered him a greater element of challenge and competitiveness.

Signing for a club over there is tantamount to accepting that he's entering the twilight of his career in my eyes, which isn't something I expected to see from Hutchinson at this point, given that he only turned 31 last month.

You never know, how much till the champ has taken on his injuries. Maybe being honest and realise he can't put his body through it and thinking of his future health. Can probably just enjoy his football and live in a great place and still get paid per week what most of us earn in a month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Yeah, I get it. 

You’re not jealous, you’re not even the slightest bit bothered.

I believe you, honest I do.

You don’t have the first clue about me but thanks for the analysis. 

I’m a bit bothered about the football club getting value out of its employees. 

Not too worried about Hutchinsons or anyone else’s lifestyle etc. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

You never know, how much till the champ has taken on his injuries. Maybe being honest and realise he can't put his body through it and thinking of his future health. Can probably just enjoy his football and live in a great place and still get paid per week what most of us earn in a month.

Totally agree in many ways,i would put him in the same bracket as FF,spoiled his time at SWFC with the allegations of 'antics' well documented...far me this contributed massively to our demise,and bar this I would think good on you ,why not?Sun,decent standard of living,am i the only one on here have to work under 'performance management' at work? expected to regularly perform and hit targets? obey management and put in a shift every time?..

SSP if injured or 'sick' its a different world for these pampered players all i askis that they give their all,and perform..if not we should be able to move them on...without cost,like any other business

Edited by parajack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

You never know, how much till the champ has taken on his injuries. Maybe being honest and realise he can't put his body through it and thinking of his future health. Can probably just enjoy his football and live in a great place and still get paid per week what most of us earn in a month

Yeah, maybe so.

I just found it quite a surprising move from the outside looking in. 

5 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I believe a lot of Lees upturn in form is not being saddled with the burden of the captaincy. I always said he wasn't capable of doing what he did best which was concentrate on his own game defending, with the extra responsibility of organising and pushing team mates, it's just not in his charachter. 

As for bazza being caption, it's a very similar situation to when I played rugby, we had this gobby guy called Stan who was always getting in trouble or giving extra yards away at penalties for chelping at refs. We made him captain so he was then able to without as much recriminations. 

Agree on both points mate, it looks like a double positive taking the captaincy off Lee's and giving it to bannan. Lee's is the player he used to be and bannan has to encourage rather than criticise. Very smart move by Monk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Your marking your own homework mate,thats got nothing whatsoever at all to do with the flow of thread comments...I repeat the original flow was that Owlstalk i believe said they had cost the club money in signing on and wages,a reply was given that they were signed on a free,and i replied with 'wages'....Millions or something similar....

Not about blame its about acknowledged that such deals and methods have cost both the Club,and the Fans plenty,(and still are in the fans case) & achieved only debt and sanction

Good at placing the onus on the players I would place it squarely at another door. As for the thread it was titled Hutchinson if your not blaming him why put it in this thread. Your agenda is quite easy to spot whether you deny it or not. 

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

This is the key point.

We've paid the most expensive prices in the country for years, for absolute garbage.

Hutch, Westwood, FF etc are a big reason for this.

It's great that we've seen the light finally, and are now bringing in hungry younger players with better attitudes.

Praising the likes of Hutch is wrong.

To be fair, surely Hutch wasn't one of the bigger earners. Maybe I've missed where he is, but given his career was all but over before he signed for us, I would've thought his pay would reflect that.

15 minutes ago, bobness said:

To be fair, surely Hutch wasn't one of the bigger earners. Maybe I've missed where he is, but given his career was all but over before he signed for us, I would've thought his pay would reflect that.

Unfortunately not. His first contract wasn't the same as his last one either.

Hutchinson was way overpaid and like many had his fans but his usefulness as a team player was long since gone. If building a team you need someone you can hope play majority of games and train with other players regularly so know what tactics are.

He was not wanted in EFL thatis why gone abroad. A tinpot league like Cyprus shows the esteem in which he is held. 

of those we have released few have gone to decent clubs and quite a few have not kicked a ball at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Good at placing the onus on the players I would place it squarely at another door. As for the thread it was titled Hutchinson if your not blaming him why put it in this thread. Your agenda is quite easy to spot whether you deny it or not. 

No sorry i wasnt the third gunman on the grassy knoll either its a ****ing forum where people voice their opinions,thats it...Youve been watching too much Netflix i think   'agenda'  FFS by the way where have i said i dont blame him?

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobness said:

He said in his interview with Radio Sheffield when he left that he was one of the bigger earners. 

• Like 2

On 21/09/2020 at 17:03, asteener1867 said:

We will never get the full story from any of 'em...Player, nor managers...

The problem is ..They all whitter that much guff about The fans and the clubs during their time here, that it looks totally hypocritical when they come out with 

"The Story"

Every single one of them will start the book off...

"Wednesday fans are amongst the best in the country....But"

I would love a player, who we have given grief to...Say to us what we shouted at him...I would stand up and applaud...The book should start...

"Owlstalk for instance, its Wednesday website...I have never come across a set of more self entitled tw *ts in my whole career..Half of 'em don't go...The other half talk gibberish"

Only half? you must be feeling generous.lol

• Like 1