Big Dave, on his way back

Guest mrbluesky

8 hours ago, dorian gray said:

ho, ho! 

'spell it out' it's absolute utter tripe.

new players will be in the side, (hopefully) new tactics, and new approach than the last few months of the season, hopefully a quicker attempt at attacking the opposition, 

'give him an advantage at getting up to speed' he has no speed.

we desperately NEED people who have NO RECENT EXPERIENCE of the club, as a continuation of the dross that has been served up over a significant time needs to be extinguished, there needs to be a breath of fresh air about the place, not the same old dross.

btw, you didn't tell me the list of clubs that were lining up, and fighting it out for this 'star' of yours, but there you go!

Not sure why you had to highlight the last bit as I never said there was a list of clubs lining up and fighting it out for him, nor did I say he was a star!

Its OK though, we've little prospect of bringing anyone in imminently it seems but we can play Adam Reach in his most effective position instead! That's the fresh air approach we have been waiting for.

On 07/09/2020 at 10:13, S36 OWL said:

Probably reality is hitting home that decent strikers won't sign for a club that will be spending the season in or around the relegation zone if they have other options. 

I think thats why pigs only sign useless strikers ,oh and goalkeepers.

17 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure why you had to highlight the last bit as I never said there was a list of clubs lining up and fighting it out for him, nor did I say he was a star!

Its OK though, we've little prospect of bringing anyone in imminently it seems but we can play Adam Reach in his most effective position instead! That's the fresh air approach we have been waiting for.

IF nuhiu is good enough for us to have resigned, why aren't sides chasing him then?

i imagine that dc and monk see his wage as being better spent elsewhere than on someone who is only effective for 15 minutes a game at best.

however, had we resigned nuhiu it should have been on a weekly rolling contract remembering how he suddenly became prolific the last time his contract was up. 

something that has not escaped me about fletcher having his best spell goal tally wise for some seasons before Christmas, and fox suddenly finding the form to make him a fan favourite up from whipping boy.

believe it or not, in a free t/fer situation someone at the top of his form can negotiate a far better deal for themselves, than someone who's been average or worse.

hence the need for younger, hungry players at s6.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

IF nuhiu is good enough for us to have resigned, why aren't sides chasing him then?

i imagine that dc and monk see his wage as being better spent elsewhere than on someone who is only effective for 15 minutes a game at best.

however, had we resigned nuhiu it should have been on a weekly rolling contract remembering how he suddenly became prolific the last time his contract was up. 

something that has not escaped me about fletcher having his best spell goal tally wise for some seasons before Christmas, and fox suddenly finding the form to make him a fan favourite up from whipping boy.

believe it or not, in a free t/fer situation someone at the top of his form can negotiate a far better deal for themselves, than someone who's been average or worse.

hence the need for younger, hungry players at s6.

Harsh on Fletcher, he always offered 100% until throwing the towel in for July.

If Kachunga, Brown etc are good enough why weren't sides chasing them? We are in a difficult market at the moment. I would like better than Nuhiu and hopefully that's what we will get but we need this sooner than later due to the points we are chasing. If we can't attract 2 decent strikers then Nuhiu is better than what we have currently and would hardly break the bank. 

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Harsh on Fletcher, he always offered 100% until throwing the towel in for July.

If Kachunga, Brown etc are good enough why weren't sides chasing them? We are in a difficult market at the moment. I would like better than Nuhiu and hopefully that's what we will get but we need this sooner than later due to the points we are chasing. If we can't attract 2 decent strikers then Nuhiu is better than what we have currently and would hardly break the bank. 

i not sure it is harsh on fletcher, it would be extremely naive not to look at his increased form last season and with hindsight think was it 'shop window' form?

as for 2 new strikers i agree, and i hope we've been keeping our powder dry (money wise) to get them.

we'll be precuring very badly IF any of them fall short of nuhiu.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i not sure it is harsh on fletcher, it would be extremely naive not to look at his increased form last season and with hindsight think was it 'shop window' form?

as for 2 new strikers i agree, and i hope we've been keeping our powder dry (money wise) to get them.

we'll be precuring very badly IF any of them fall short of nuhiu.

Fletcher scored a similar amount of goals in 2018-19 from only 9 more starts as Jos said he could only start games once every 2 weeks and he also scored 1 less in 2016-17 from 1 more start than he made last season.

I agree we need 2 better than Nuhiu, I am not so confident we will manage though and we certainly need 1 in soon rather than waiting to see what we are left with on transfer deadline day when we will already be 5 league games in.

I imagine a player of dobbins inestimable talents has been snowed under with offers 

The Gibraltar fourth division team, the Barbary macaques, gave him a trial. Unfortunately after he had run around fouling his own players for 90 minutes they decided not to sign him

One would think that it won't be long before someone signs him. If only to clean out the bathrooms. Or somewhere less sweet smelling 

50 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I imagine a player of dobbins inestimable talents has been snowed under with offers 

The Gibraltar fourth division team, the Barbary macaques, gave him a trial. Unfortunately after he had run around fouling his own players for 90 minutes they decided not to sign him

One would think that it won't be long before someone signs him. If only to clean out the bathrooms. Or somewhere less sweet smelling 

@@owlstalk - This is the kind of crap we need to be able to dismiss with a red arrow!

1996519906_DownVote4.gif.6d86d75896691e5c62b9ef9e51e99b31.gif

57 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

If Nuhui is the answer,I dont wanna know the question .cart horse...atbest