Big Dave, on his way back

Guest mrbluesky

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

'who knows the club' what's knowing the club got to do with it? i saw alan warboys a few months ago, is he in the reckoning?, after all he 'knows the club'.

i imagine we may be looking in the loan market for our firepower, as it's clearly evident we are short in that department.

i imagine we'll be looking to attack for 90 plus a game and not needing nuhiu's skills to help us hang on. 

besides i imagine he's being fought over by every club in the division for his signing as he's such an important player, isn't he?

who's he signed for? who's after him?

Knowing the club in terms of the players and manager he would be playing with would give him an advantage in relation to getting up to speed with the tactics and his team mates compared to someone with no recent experience of the club. 

Surprised I've had to spell that out for you but there you go.

Been done before hasn't it. 

Carlton Cole holding out for 2 years at West Ham.

They released him.

2 months later, they signed him and gave him 2 years.

Funnily enough, they released him for good in 2015 and finished 7th in the Premier League. Highest league position in a long time

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Been done before hasn't it. 

Carlton Cole holding out for 2 years at West Ham.

They released him.

2 months later, they signed him and gave him 2 years.

Funnily enough, they released him for good in 2015 and finished 7th in the Premier League. Highest league position in a long time

The season in which he scored twice in the league, they couldn't have done it without him.

9 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

The season in which he scored twice in the league, they couldn't have done it without him.

Carlton Cole miles in front of Nuhui,he will sigh cos nobody wants him,and he needs to work,monk will say teams were interested....but we know that's bollxo..

• Like 1

Song for if Nuhiu comes back:-

Well isn’t it oh, isn’t it rich

Look at his speed around the pitch

The Owls are in the altogether, but all together,

Big Dave's the slowest striker

That the fans have ever seen

with thanks to Danny Kaye. If Nuhiu comes back we will literally have had our pants pulled down and our 4rses slapped. AGAIN. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dorian gray said:

he has an effect no doubt, BUT wouldn't you like to see us bring in better?

it's very doubtful rhodes will be going far, and with his wage in mind to bring in firepower we needed to move someone on.

Yes, of course I'd like to see us bring in better - but I guess you could say that about any player at the club.

Ideally we would be bringing in two players - one to replace Fletcher and another to replace Nuhiu. But assuming we haven't got both these players lined up (and it doesn't look like it) then I don't see the harm in bringing back Nuhiu on modest wages. As I said higher up - the likes of Chris Martin and Rudy Gestede have been mentioned by others. Ideally the Fletcher replacement (first choice striker) will be a more mobile striker with a bit of pace than either of those two, so 30k a week seems a lot to bring in a 31-year old to lumber off the bench, cause havoc and score the odd headed goal. Nuhiu could do that job much cheaper.

I love Dave. But if this Monk era is going to be better than a total ******** unmitigated disaster then sending out the message that we have to go back to players we have released is not going to happen. Psychologically it's all wrong. 

Lots of posts in this thread saying that we're better than that / we've got to move on.

I understand that perspective, but if we're going to be short at the top of the pitch I'd rather have Nuhiu upfront than Reach and/or Rhodes.

Need to cut your cloth accordingly, and if he's the best we can do right now...so be it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Lots of posts in this thread saying that we're better than that / we've got to move on.

I understand that perspective, but if we're going to be short at the top of the pitch I'd rather have Nuhiu upfront than Reach and/or Rhodes.

Need to cut your cloth accordingly, and if he's the best we can do right now...so be it.

Maybe he isn’t the best we can do and we need to show a bit of patience and not believe every poo stirring rumour the poo stirring rumour mongers make up to pass the time between lonely vvanks.

Edited by Yellowbelly

We have had little evidence so far this season to go on, but against Leicester and Walsall , especially the former , we missed chances that Nuhiu would have finished. He is a good finisher, and also an excellent penalty taker.  He is also a stranger to the treatment table, unlike most players we bring into the club.

could we do better? yes. But we start the season this week and we haven’t done better. Get the deal done and get the big mans tracksuit back out of the oxfam shop. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We have had little evidence so far this season to go on, but against Leicester and Walsall , especially the former , we missed chances that Nuhiu would have finished. He is a good finisher, and also an excellent penalty taker.  He is also a stranger to the treatment table, unlike most players we bring into the club.

could we do better? yes. But we start the season this week and we haven’t done better. Get the deal done and get the big mans tracksuit back out of the oxfam shop. 

Nuhiu is a good finisher? 

I have seen it all now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Knowing the club in terms of the players and manager he would be playing with would give him an advantage in relation to getting up to speed with the tactics and his team mates compared to someone with no recent experience of the club. 

Surprised I've had to spell that out for you but there you go.

ho, ho! 

'spell it out' it's absolute utter tripe.

new players will be in the side, (hopefully) new tactics, and new approach than the last few months of the season, hopefully a quicker attempt at attacking the opposition, 

'give him an advantage at getting up to speed' he has no speed.

we desperately NEED people who have NO RECENT EXPERIENCE of the club, as a continuation of the dross that has been served up over a significant time needs to be extinguished, there needs to be a breath of fresh air about the place, not the same old dross.

btw, you didn't tell me the list of clubs that were lining up, and fighting it out for this 'star' of yours, but there you go!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yes, of course I'd like to see us bring in better - but I guess you could say that about any player at the club.

Ideally we would be bringing in two players - one to replace Fletcher and another to replace Nuhiu. But assuming we haven't got both these players lined up (and it doesn't look like it) then I don't see the harm in bringing back Nuhiu on modest wages. As I said higher up - the likes of Chris Martin and Rudy Gestede have been mentioned by others. Ideally the Fletcher replacement (first choice striker) will be a more mobile striker with a bit of pace than either of those two, so 30k a week seems a lot to bring in a 31-year old to lumber off the bench, cause havoc and score the odd headed goal. Nuhiu could do that job much cheaper.

i'm hoping we still have to bring in a least two better strikers than nuhiu, who now can only be effective for 20 minutes at the end of a game.

these maybe loans, time will tell.

i fear IF we go in with what we have at present we'll not only be relegated, we have a good chance of finishing bottom. we can't draw our way to safety, we need goals, we need competent strikers.

• Like 1