Big Dave, on his way back

Guest mrbluesky

Still told he won’t be coming back ,  but ...

in our current position it’s pretty absurd Atdhe Nuhiu isn’t still a Sheffield Wednesday player, this for me is a decision enforced by GM , I don’t for one second believe DC wouldn’t offer Atdhe a deal (he’d sign for whatever was offered) 

Hope it pays off for GM 

8 hours ago, S1Owl said:

need him big time, unique game changer in last 20 mins

Some random site scores him at 7,0 this evening Kosovo v Greece, only one Kosovo player better at 7.3

And he got booked for arguing when Greece scored their winner

At least there is always some fight in him...

• Haha 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I know it too well. Full of smarty pants who when they haven’t got out to say pick up people in their smelling mistakes.

#bored

#musttryharder

UTO

It wasn't me trumping on the Kop honest guv. 

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I know it too well. Full of smarty pants who when they haven’t got out to say pick up people in their smelling mistakes.

#bored

#musttryharder

UTO

Not well enough, it appears 

garymegson

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

in our current position it’s pretty absurd Atdhe Nuhiu isn’t still a Sheffield Wednesday player, this for me is a decision enforced by GM , I don’t for one second believe DC wouldn’t offer Atdhe a deal (he’d sign for whatever was offered) 

Hope it pays off for GM 

I hope GM gets payed off !

Guest Theboylangers
7 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I hope GM gets payed off !

I think you'll be disappointed. Chansiri has paid for recruitment of all his backroom staff. 

Monk is here to stay for a good while. 

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The question is,

We have 1 striker who the manager does not rate, hardly ever scores and his all round contribution is poor. It doesn't look as though the club have been successful in being able to attract a striker before the league campaign starts next week.

Is there a player available who knows the club, scored more goals last season than any other player we have and will occupy defenders and give us the opportunity to play higher up the pitch than any player we currently have?

Nuhiu is the answer to that question and will undoubtedly improve our current squad. 

Or we could carry on for the next month without a focal point and see if the club have any more success than they have had in the last month in bringing in a striker as they get more desperate towards the end of the transfer window.

"We have a striker that the manager does not rate and hardly scores"

Lets bring in another striker he doesn't rate and hardly scores !!

But he knows the club !

There have been a good few lately that "know the club" and have taken the p*ss

Move on ffs 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I think you'll be disappointed. Chansiri has paid for recruitment of all his backroom staff. 

Monk is here to stay for a good while. 

I agree Monk is here for months if not years as he is now family and Chansiri no longer much interested other than legal conflict. 

So not disappointed, just resigned.

Praying the players can rise to the minus 12 challenge despite miserable defensive Monk. 

New backroom staff should have positive influence.

Reckon we will end up mid-table even with double handicap of minus 12 and Monk being manager.

Quite possible minus 12 will be revoked!

2 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

We're obviously waiting on a few PL teams to sort themselves out to enable them to release a couple of strikers to us on loan.

My guess is Keinan Davis, with Villa messing around themselves regards to signing Ollie Watkins or another.

I quite like Davis, but that would still leave us with the most shot shy group of strikers in the league

Edited by gurujuan

43 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Hope it pays off for GM 

Agree.

I liked the big man and I could level plenty of criticism at GM but, I’m not going to knock him for forcing the issue. For pushing DC and the recruitment team to find us an upgrade that suits how GM sees us playing...(whatever that is)

16 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

...and his goals per season ratio is awful.

Averages per season whilst at Wednesday, going back the last several years for any forwards who played a decent number of games.

APPS   GOALS    ASSISTS

Fletcher           25+9         10              2

Hooper            18+5           8              3

Forestieri         20+7           8              3 

Nuhiu              20+20         7              3

Joao                17+16         7              2

May                 28+14         7              1

Maguire           23+7           6              2

Rhodes           17+13         5              1

Matias               9+8           3              1

Winnall              9+9           3              0

Looking at the list above, can someone explain to me why Nuhiu has had more criticism for his goals return than probably all of the rest combined, when the facts are that he simply does not stand out in that way statistically at all? It's clear there is a prejudice at work in his case that the others are not subject to for some reason. This is not to say I'd necessary like him to return now (as I'd hoped this was a chance to find a new option, even if it was a one season only loan) but I am curious at the inconsistency of some of the supposed reasoning. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the monk said:

"We have a striker that the manager does not rate and hardly scores"

Lets bring in another striker he doesn't rate and hardly scores !!

But he knows the club !

There have been a good few lately that "know the club" and have taken the p*ss

Move on ffs 

I think it would be harsh to accuse Nuhiu of being one of those that has taken the p**s. I also think Monk rates him more than the current option he has up front as he chose to play him more post lockdown and he did contribute.

I'd happily move on ffs, if we showed any sign of bringing in a striker or two before next weekend who is capable of playing now because the alternative we went with on Saturday was far from a resounding success.