Shocking accusation, this...

52 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Good stuff . Think the Star ought to be poring over the EFLs website;

'The EFL is committed to ensuring that football is inclusive of all communities and free from discrimination. We are dedicated to promoting equality on the grounds of any *protected characteristic as defined in the Equality Act 2010.

Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect, and the EFL is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination incorporating direct, indirect, associative or perceptive discrimination and all forms of bullying, harassment and victimisation.'

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I find it incredible mate, that so called Wednesday fans, given a choice of taking one of two points of view. One that 'supports' the club's interests or one that goes 'directly against' the club's interests, invariably choose the latter.

The evidence is starting to show beyond any reasonable doubt that the EFL have acted in a anything but good faith and yet as Royal D says some on here are still putting their dislike of DC above the interest's of the club they are supposed to support.

At least they show their true colours and they don't seem to be anything like blue & white.

Yep, it absolutely astounds me 

5 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Sorry, but exactly which specific bit is Racist?

Maybe the part where there blatantly discriminating against his understanding of the English language and trying to claim he played the ignorance card to withhold evidence the EFL needed to make there phony claims stand up 

4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

image.png.19b29fc7c87237cc10bc32e2efa55265.png

The bit where the independent tribunal point out that, being from Thailand and not speaking English, does not constitute deliberately making himself difficult to follow or exaggerating his ability to speak English. These comments would seemingly contravene their own EFL policy on perceptive racism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are consequences for EFL asaresult of this action. The commission has used carefully guarded words but clearly have a very poor opinion of EFL actions. 

In years gone by what was said could not be conceived as racist but certainly inappropriate and tinged with nastiness. I would think DC was absolutely livid (and rightly so) when he read the charges against him.

The commission have also faileded to look into any mitigation of Wednesday points deduction. 

Altogether a mess. 

4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Go and spend a bit of time on the front line 'services'. 

Police, customs excise, whatever.

Accuse a 'foreigner' of deliberately not understanding or communicating properly with the intention of evading prosecution & see how it works.

There would be hordes of 'campaigners', 'protesters' 'civil rights lawyers' on the scene in minutes.

Maybe DCs the wrong sort of 'foreigner' so therefore isn't afforded the same privilege and protection.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Maybe the part where there blatantly discriminating against his understanding of the English language and trying to claim he played the ignorance card to withhold evidence the EFL needed to make there phony claims stand up 

Yep. Correct. I have a background in these matters. Efl and individuals concerned have crossed a line. Up to dc whether he wants to act on this. Trouble for them if he does. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Absolutely none of it. It's just that, very like 99% of people with opinions today, they have no idea what the word racist actually means, but just shout it at the top of their voices whenever dealing with foreigners becomes a bit dicey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest gizowl

Sue the bar stewards just a bunch of arrogant ignorant buffoons that want kicking out of their money for nothing jobs, totally incompetent  tools, no better than Blatter and co at UEFA. 

@YesWeCrann

Do you know if - when the EFL do their fit and proper Owner test or whatever it’s called (I’m not good on technical terms), do they interview that new owner in person? 

I’m guess they do - and even possibly record the whole meeting?  

If you were the EFL you could then refer to that - to remind themselves what his English is like. 

It's a bit pathetic from the EFL

I  speak some  German. and can only use the German words I know. If a German uses German words I don't know to me  I am screwed.. I can read more German than I can speak, because you have time to analyse the words/ sentence.  if I came across a German  with a strong dialect  or speaks  very quickly I am often screwed as well.  With most languages you need relatively few words to get by. English for a foreigner is a nightmare  you probably need 10 times more words  to be conversant in English, than you would if you were learning most European languages. 

And that's just for day to day stuff .  My guess is that Delphon or most foreigners would not have the fluency to understand legal/ accounting jargon. ( lots of Brits would struggle as well!) I have been in many meeting where foreigners clearly have not understand the English and have been too embarrassed to say so.

• Like 1