Shocking accusation, this...

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

If you can't prove or disprove it, why have the EFL, a professional organisation, brought it up? 

If true, they've effectively accused him of being sly and dishonest.

It's so bizarre - one for the lawyers I guess and maybe a seam that they can pick away at to get the whole thing thrown out on appeal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Absolutely disgusting really from the EFL

To get away with unfounded claims of aggravated misconduct, and a more or less racist accusation is beyond belief really 

Still, people will defend them against DC 

This element of the report is shameful and appalling. 

But that should not detract from what the reports seems to be making clear - that both parties have demonstrated ample incompetence and lack of foresight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Absolutely none of it. It's just that, very like 99% of people with opinions today, they have no idea what the word racist actually means, but just shout it at the top of their voices whenever dealing with foreigners becomes a bit dicey.

Go on then ... enlighten us all , what does it mean 

Just now, DJMortimer said:

This element of the report is shameful and appalling. 

But that should not detract from what the reports seems to be making clear - that both parties have demonstrated ample incompetence and lack of foresight.

The clubs done wrong and been punished 

The facts are the EFL wanted that punishment to go over and above, made outrageous accusations and take no accountability whatsoever for there 100% failure to deal with the whole matter within a reasonable time frame 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Go on then ... enlighten us all , what does it mean 

Google is your friend. But hey, Im feeling generous so I'll help you out.

rac·ist

/ˈrāsəst/

noun

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

However, unless I am misunderstanding it, they are not discriminating against DC for his race or any other reason. They are just saying he is misleading them on his understanding of the langauge. So its not racist - he is not being racially discriminated against - its just a simple accusation of lying to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelerian said:

rac·ist

/ˈrāsəst/

noun

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

However, unless I am misunderstanding it, they are not discriminating against DC for his race or any other reason. They are just saying he is misleading them on his understanding of the langauge. So its not racist - he is not being racially discriminated against - its just a simple accusation of lying to them.

Whilst I agree that I'm unsure if it is racist, 'simply' lying is not an accusation you simply splash around, especially when regarding somebody in business. 

Business is based a lot on trust, and uncertainty over the trustworthiness of somebody in business can seriously effect relationships and agreements in the future. 

If true what has been reported, the EFL seem to be accusing DC of effectively lying, and not only that, being sly and sneaky about it, which was thrown out straight away. 

If it's true I genuinely cannot believe they have tried to bring something along those lines up to punish DC and the club. It's absolutely embarrassing and outrageous if I'm understanding it right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why are we automatically assuming Chansiri wasn't lying about his lack of proficiency to speak English?
Something you cant prove or disprove.

When you try to be *controversial* and make yourself look like a proper doughnut in the process.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, steelerian said:

rac·ist

/ˈrāsəst/

noun

What's he like eh?  Just talk in English, bloody foreigners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This is like the police arresting some forgiven national who speaks broken english, interviewing him without offering an interpreter, then trying to bag him up for murder. (yes extreme example). If this happened the guys lawyers would have a field day.

Now spin this around and apply this to a supposed highish profile business man who relies on his reputation as an honest, respectable guy in order to do deals. The EFL should be bending over a table hoping people go easy and don't bring out the 10inch sex toys. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Seriously, what an accusation to level at someone.

Lazy, racist, xenophobic claptrap.

This is the governing body of 72 football league sides.

Unbelievable.

Indeed. It does sound like they have it in for him/us though hey.

Think it was extremely misjudged for the EFL to even include this accusation in their proceedings

It's backfired on them BIG time

lol

(it's not racist though - it's nothing to do with actual racism whatsoever - it's just (inaccurately and wrongly) suggesting a crazy amount of dishonesty from our chairman)

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Think it was extremely misjudged for the EFL to even include this accusation in their proceedings

It's backfired on them BIG time

lol

(it's not racist though - it's nothing to do with actual racism whatsoever - it's just (inaccurately and wrongly) suggesting a crazy amount of dishonesty from our chairman)

That's the part I'm most shocked about - certainly moreso than the accusation itself.

• Like 1

I don't have any professional experience of dealing with people from Thailand but I have from a number of other countries in the Far East; in particular China, Japan and Singapore. I think without exception those people have always placed their personal and professional integrity above anything.

So I can only imagine Chansiri's reaction on effectively being called a liar. He would treat this as an absolute slur on his character.

I doubt very much he'll let this pass.

• Like 6