Twitter - Odubajo

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Struggle to see how personal abuse makes any player or person for that matter better. It’s just detrimental, however if your a pro footballer in the modern era social media should be an absolute no go made mandatory by your employer. It’s an absolute cesspit of humanity at times and the negatives seem to far outweigh the positives.  

What would you say if your employer told you not to use it?

If I was a player, I would keep away from public debate on social media.

In no way by starting this thread was i condoning the comments from the lad. His point was ridiculous, of course Odubajo can support his old club and wish them well. And anyone who sends verbal abuse to someone else online needs to have a look at themselves. It’s out of order.

BUT what I was trying to point out is that I think Odubajo commenting on the negativity of the fanbase and how it has affected their performance indicates a very weak mentality within the squad. Don’t point the finger at the fans. 

There’s only one part of the club who can change fortunes on the pitch and it sure as hell isn’t the fanbase.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 5

Dont think *Jord* is the brightest man that ever lived.

Still - of all the things to get riled about? 

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure Brentford wanted to hang onto Moses but the option of working with Brucie swayed him. Unfortunately, we haven't seen the same player from a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What would you say if your employer told you not to use it?

If I was a player, I would keep away from public debate on social media.

If it was my employer and I got paid handsomely no skin off my nose. I just can’t see how the benefits (for which there are some) outweigh the numerous negatives. I get you are then caving into the idiots but that unfortunately is the world of a person in the public eye nowadays.

Just now, swfc1983 said:

If it was my employer and I got paid handsomely no skin off my nose. I just can’t see how the benefits (for which there are some) outweigh the numerous negatives. I get you are then caving into the idiots but that unfortunately is the world of a person in the public eye nowadays.

I said your employer not his what would you say to them?

Agree with what you say about players 

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

I'm wearing black arm-bands.

A minutes silence when we get back in.

Picture of Jord on the scoreboard, along with all his tweets.

Flip - let's have candle in the wind playing

• Haha 1

What was his excuse at Deepdale then...?

6,000 fans singing and being positive there until the dozy flucker started defending like he was at an ISIS pass the parcel party

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I said your employer not his what would you say to them?

Agree with what you say about players 

Im not in the public eye but if I could see it was as detrimental to my job as it is/made out to be then it’s obviously a no brainier to stay away don’t you think?

• Like 1

Just now, swfc1983 said:

Im not in the public eye but if I could see it was as detrimental to my job as it is/made out to be then it’s obviously a no brainier to stay away don’t you think?

Yes, fully agree.

As far as I know employers don't have the right to tell you not to use it, even if it's good advice.  

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sounds reasonable to me

Keep off Twitter now Moses you can't win 

Yes that is reasonable and clears it up. But the vast majority turn up and support the team, so his comments about fan negativity affecting the unit still doesn’t wash with me.

If he thinks a small minority of fans on Twitter is representative of the whole fanbase he’s wrong. You get those types at every club particularly when a team is struggling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes that is reasonable and clears it up. But the vast majority turn up and support the team, so his comments about fan negativity affecting the unit still doesn’t wash with me.

If he thinks a small minority of fans on Twitter is representative of the whole fanbase he’s wrong. You get those types at every club particularly when a team is struggling.

We don't know if he thinks that, he was reacting to one fan.