Twitter - Odubajo

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

What specifically do you think he needs to improve ?

His defending for a start.. would help if he could learn to not commit a foul every time he goes in our own penalty box

Anyway that’s beside the point. If you’re a figure in the public eye providing a service that people pay good money to watch while earning a huge sum yourself, and then you don’t deliver when it comes to that service, people will be angry with you and inevitably there will be the odd one that’s abusive.

Thats how social media is.. there’s no point in pretending there’s some alternative universe where everyone is happy to pay to watch garbage and not say anything about it. It’s just how things are so if he doesn’t like it or can’t handle it he should just avoid using it. Or if it gets to him that much use the block function. Anything but whinge because someone said a few words to you.. it’s weak

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why abuse? It’s not mandatory to swear or be vile is it, or did I miss that in the T&Cs

Of course it's not mandatory and i'm in no way condoning it but you are always going to get some idiots that take it too far. It's the world we live in and the reason I don't have Instagram

• Like 1

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

His defending for a start.. would help if he could learn to not commit a foul every time he goes in our own penalty box

Anyway that’s beside the point. If you’re a figure in the public eye providing a service that people pay good money to watch while earning a huge sum yourself, and then you don’t deliver when it comes to that service, people will be angry with you and inevitably there will be the odd one that’s abusive.

Thats how social media is.. there’s no point in pretending there’s some alternative universe where everyone is happy to pay to watch garbage and not say anything about it. It’s just how things are so if he doesn’t like it or can’t handle it he should just avoid using it. Or if it gets to him that much use the block function. Anything but whinge because someone said a few words to you.. it’s weak

Finally someone with sense

• Like 1

Everyone has options, you can block or you can make your account private or deactivate your account completly if comments hurt you that much

Fans are quick to praise players when they play well so they have to accept critisism after poor performances. It's part and parcel of football

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bloody southerners  

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not sure odubajo’s whinging is he? Isn’t he just giving his opinion after somebody said he was “******** waank”. If people don’t like players giving their opinions, surely that’s weak?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's not sense for someone to say give into bullies and haters

That's never the answer

People shouldn't have to come off social media because of the actions of nutters - EVER

I agree but there are always idiots that take it too far so by having social media you know what you're getting into and have to accept that if your performances are below par there will be fans that aren't happy

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or he could (as he has done) call out the hater posting abuse at him

I think all players should do this every single time it happens

I don’t think that’s a good use of someone’s time.. literally the worst thing you can do if someone is trolling is give them attention. I’m sure that kid doesn’t care that’s he’s been ‘called out’. It makes it look like Odubajo is bothered by what’s said when he needs to block it out.. how can anyone perform in any role if they’re obsessing over others opinions. You just can’t.. successful people ignore it and stick to their own principles and plan to achieve results. Would rather have a team who are a bit hard nosed and have a successful attitude than what we have now 

Just now, IWEDFM said:

I agree 

If you agree then stand firm and just say it's totally unacceptable and people shouldn't give into these bullies and haters, and should never give up their social media accounts because of them.

Stand strong against if if you agree instead of saying 'I agree BUT.....'

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t think that’s a good use of someone’s time.. literally the worst thing you can do if someone is trolling is give them attention. I’m sure that kid doesn’t care that’s he’s been ‘called out’. It makes it look like Odubajo is bothered by what’s said when he needs to block it out.. how can anyone perform in any role if they’re obsessing over others opinions. You just can’t.. successful people ignore it and stick to their own principles and plan to achieve results. Would rather have a team who are a bit hard nosed and have a successful attitude than what we have now 

He's not obsessing over anything

He's calling out hate (from our OWN fans???) whilst he's a player of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

I hope all players do the same thing every single time it happens

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

If you show bottle even without bags of talent the fans will appreciate that.

Take Lee Chapman, not our most gifted striker but he ran his nads off and put his head in every game.  Earning him a player of the year award one season.

Would be thought of more fondly except for a 'George Hirst' type of leaving. 

He was quite good though...

Guest LondonOwl313

He's not obsessing over anything

He's calling out hate (from our OWN fans???) whilst he's a player of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

I hope all players do the same thing every single time it happens

It’s hardly hate is it.. it’s mostly true even though it’s offensive language. Football fans aren’t known for their vocabulary.

As I said, successful players focus on what needs to be done. Look at Fletcher.. don’t see him on social media, he’s too busy in the gym and honing his skills as a footballer to waste time interacting with losers online. There’s nothing good that can come of it, he should just block abuse and/or turn off notifications on replies 

If you agree then stand firm and just say it's totally unacceptable and people shouldn't give into these bullies and haters, and should never give up their social media accounts because of them.

Stand strong against if if you agree instead of saying 'I agree BUT.....'

It is wrong but as I keep saying by being in the public eye and having social media you're leaving yourself open to abuse from a minority of idiots 

He should get over it