Twitter - Odubajo

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

If I was performing poorly in my job - I’d rightly deserve criticism - our players have a weak mentality ingrained in them 

But you would expect constructive criticism with the offer of support and ways to improve,  not foul mouthed ignorance. I feel it’s unfair to compare performance management at work with the ramblings of a mad man you’ve never met on social media. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Odubajo should be delighted to be contracted to a club like Sheffield Wednesday. Woeful footballer.

There's a player in there somewhere. The game where he last gave a pen away, he also pulled a ball out of the air while doing a full pirouette - never seen anyone else do that. Maybe if we stop giving him dogs abuse that player will come out more. 

1 minute ago, 442 said:

Not having a no mark from Brentford and hull tell me how to support my club.

They’ve been an absolute embarrassment since Christmas.

If it's ok for fans to attack our players, tag them in tweets etc surely it's totally fine if the players call them out on it?

Or does it only work one way?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

When criticism turns to downright personal abuse of this type I think Moses is right to put it in the public domain. It probably means he’ll get more of it as is being shown on Owlstalk by some tonight.

Personally I think it’s quite a brave thing to highlight the abuse some of our players get. I would imagine Fox had even worse at times and not surprisingly didn’t see fit to extend his time here.

Seems to me we have a sizeable minority of fans suffering from a weak mentality too, judging by the reaction to his moderately worded answer to his abuser.

Prove em wrong Moses, we’re not all waiting for the next defeat so we can hurl abuse at all and sundry.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

It's catch 22

Fans pay their hard earned cash to watch their team and like anything in life if the product/service isn't up to scratch you complain and football is no different

I get what Odubajo is saying but in a lot of matches some of our players have thrown in the towel. We conceded 5 at home to Blackburn and 5 away to Brentford. That isn't down to a lack of ability that is simply throwing in the towel and giving up which is unacceptable

If our players want support they have to earn it and put their bodies on the line every time they step out on to the pitch

Do you not see the difference between complaining that a product / service isn’t up to scratch and faceless keyboard warriors abusing  people in the public eye with foul language and zero constructive comments ? ? ? 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Do you not see the difference between complaining that a product / service isn’t up to scratch and faceless keyboard warriors abusing  people in the public eye with foul language and zero constructive comments ? ? ? 

That’s what the block button on Twitter is for.. he should stop crying and improve at his job. Sick of these losers

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

He's a pro footballer earning more a month than what most of us earn a year

He should get over himself and if he isn't prepared to take some flack then he should close his account

At the end of the day he is in the public eye and while I don't condone it he is leaving himself open to abuse

Edited by IWEDFM
  • Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It seems that some of our fans are STILL under the impression that slagging players off directly on their personal social media accounts will somehow improve them as footballers

Where do you even begin with THAT kind of logic?

I don't condone it and of course it is wrong but in today's society footballers know what they are getting themselves into when it comes to social media

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

He's a pro football earning more a month than what most of us earn a year

He should get over himself and if he isn't prepared to take some flack then he should close his account

At the end of the day he is in the public eye and while I don't condone it he is leaving himself open to abuse

Why abuse? It’s not mandatory to swear or be vile is it, or did I miss that in the T&Cs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

I don't condone it and of course it is wrong but in today's society footballers know what they are getting themselves into when it comes to social media

1) If you don't condone it (And I'll be honest it DEFINITELY really sounds like you're trying to excuse it) then back him
2) Social media is for everyone - not just those hurling abuse around on it

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop