Twitter - Odubajo

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yes, fully agree.

As far as I know employers don't have the right to tell you not to use it, even if it's good advice.  

Not sure, but I know of people who have been sacked for mentioning work on social media sites, and other's warned about what they can and can't post about.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes that is reasonable and clears it up. But the vast majority turn up and support the team, so his comments about fan negativity affecting the unit still doesn’t wash with me.

If he thinks a small minority of fans on Twitter is representative of the whole fanbase he’s wrong. You get those types at every club particularly when a team is struggling.

can’t blame fan negativity for our form since the restart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We don't know if he thinks that, he was reacting to one fan.    

‘these types of comments haven’t helped the team succeed’.

Seems like a cop out to me. Why are pro footballers at SWFC letting comments from a few idiots on social media affect their performance on the pitch? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Not sure, but I know of people who have been sacked for mentioning work on social media sites, and other's warned about what they can and can't post about.

Wish people would start challenging that... Seems a breach of human rights.  Should be able to say what you wish so long as it within the law.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes that is reasonable and clears it up. But the vast majority turn up and support the team, so his comments about fan negativity affecting the unit still doesn’t wash with me.

If he thinks a small minority of fans on Twitter is representative of the whole fanbase he’s wrong. You get those types at every club particularly when a team is struggling.

The fans are the first to be blamed by the chairman when it comes to negativity too. 

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Seems like a cop out to me. Why are pro footballers at SWFC letting comments from a few idiots on social media affect their performance on the pitch? 

Who knows the mind is a very complex organ. 

How would you react if that cocky little git who only started work with you a few weeks ago starts slagging you off and laughing at you?  But he's bigger than you and his dad runs the business.  And tomorrow when you have that important client to show round the little git says he's gonna have fun with you, it might affect your performance.

Sorry got carried away.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Social media aside I think we’ve (fans) have become a bit of an easy excuse recently, lots of sound bites about fans “deserving better” before games, straight after a poor performance “players are intimidated by at Hillsborough atmosphere“. So where do you go from there? They’ve just had a period with no fans to show that and it was a poo show. Play with fans and they play like they’ve never seen a ball before. Genuinely confused because it can’t be both. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Social media aside I think we’ve (fans) have become a bit of an easy excuse recently, lots of sound bites about fans “deserving better” before games, straight after a poor performance “players are intimidated by at Hillsborough atmosphere“. So where do you go from there? They’ve just had a period with no fans to show that and it was a poo show. Play with fans and they play like they’ve never seen a ball before. Genuinely confused because it can’t be both. 

More afraid of losing and the reaction, the jitters creep in, vicious circle. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Who knows the mind is a very complex organ. 

How would you react if that cocky little git who only started work with you a few weeks ago starts slagging you off and laughing at you?  But he's bigger than you and his dad runs the business.  And tomorrow when you have that important client to show round the little git says he's gonna have fun with you, it might affect your performance.

Sorry got carried away.

I think it sounded good in your head

lol

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Exactly. 

Like Gary Megson said them years back and it still remains absolutely true. ‘You’ve got to be able to handle playing for Sheffield Wednesday’. A lot of the current crop can’t and I think that tells in Odubajo’s comments. 

Like any big club there is pressure and expectation. You need the right characters to handle that. I don’t see many of them at Hillsborough at the moment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

If I was performing poorly in my job - I’d rightly deserve criticism - our players have a weak mentality ingrained in them 

Criticism yes but to put it in perspective it would be the equivalent of it being put on the notice board at your work and you being called a c*nt. 

1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

Criticism yes but to put it in perspective it would be the equivalent of it being put on the notice board at your work and you being called a c*nt. 

That's what we do at my work. 

If anyone needs a motivational coach or mentor it is my profession. Hit me up.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Exactly. 

Like Gary Megson said them years back and it still remains absolutely true. ‘You’ve got to be able to handle playing for Sheffield Wednesday’. A lot of the current crop can’t and I think that tells in Odubajo’s comments. 

Like any big club there is pressure and expectation. You need the right characters to handle that. I don’t see many of them at Hillsborough at the moment. 

I suspect your right but has modern football changed? Criticism now is so much more then booing at the ground or the odd comment when your walking round town with your lass. It’s 24/7 every time you turn on Twitter or Facebook. This is why I think clubs should stop players using it (at least outside their social circle).  Do young players with the right character even exist anymore? We all drop testicles at work we just all don’t get endless dogs abuse by people like Jord on Twitter about it.

• Like 1