Twitter - Odubajo

I don’t agree with the bloke having a pop. But this is a real issue at the club at the moment. There is a real disconnect between the players and the fans. 

On the one hand I agree we need to be pulling together but at the same time the fans really haven’t had anything to get behind, we’ve been awful on the pitch.

At the same time fans pay very high prices to watch a side going into a new campaign on -12. The chairman has taken a complete back seat, no communication with the fans, no statement of next seasons aims, no strategy. The fans have not been this disconnected from Sheffield Wednesday in a long time. I don’t even know what the club is about anymore. So, with all due respect to Moses, I don’t think it’s the right time to be telling us we need to be positive and the negativity is influencing player performance. 

Time for the owner of this football club to show some leadership and get the fans back on side and breathe some life and hope back into the club. Because it’s dying a slow death. 

460C1491-C071-4678-9267-BD515F6EFD14.png

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm not having it . You dont go 3rd up until Christmas then absolutely free fall there after the players and manager are at fault for this. They deserve some stick for that. 

Harris looked a reyt player first few games and just disappeared 

If they are not happy get another club we need players that have bags of confidence.

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

I'm not having it . You dont go 3rd up until Christmas then absolutely free fall there after the players and manager are at fault for this. They deserve some stick for that. 

If they are not happy get another club we need players that have bags of confidence.

Agreed. Verbal abuse on Twitter is never right and the bloke is out of order. But the point Odubajo makes doesn’t sit right with me. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. Verbal abuse on Twitter is never right and the bloke is out of order. But the point Odubajo makes doesn’t sit right with me. 

No I agree I see no need to out players on social media . His comment about haven't helped just shows how soft players are. 

JJ wasnt that good of a player and would get targeted for it a lot but the confidence running through him made him a fan favourite who got people out their seats.

If you show bottle even without bags of talent the fans will appreciate that.

Take Lee Chapman, not our most gifted striker but he ran his nads off and put his head in every game.  Earning him a player of the year award one season.

Would be thought of more fondly except for a 'George Hirst' type of leaving. 

• Like 1

Stupid comment from Jord. Not a great reply from Moses imo. There hasn’t bloody been any fans in grounds since the restart and things haven’t improved. We shipped more goals and scored less. Fans can’t be blamed for that. No problem at all with Moses wishing Brentford good luck, not sure why anyone would have a problem with that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 8

Don’t really get the point either are trying to make. 

No issue with him commiserating Brentford.

The lad’s comments verbally abusing him are disgraceful and I wish things like that don’t come across as a representation of the whole fan base.

Moses’ reply is strange though, implying that fans should just be positive and that our negativity has had some impact on the teams performance. 

I’d just not get into with brain dead supporters if I was a player. 

• Like 3

There is some really ‘lost’ lads around. They don’t know what they’re doing in life so just get on social media and vent. 

Some lads that support Wednesday really worry me. 

I worry for us next season - fans vs players doesn’t seem like it’ll help - just cause an implosion.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No need for tweeting abuse at him though, is there? 

The context if the tweet was some idiot kicking off because Moses was commiserating with Brentford for missing out on promotion.

Of course not.

But I don’t agree with some of the points Moses makes. Fan negativity has affected the teams performance on the pitch? There was no one in the ground the last 10 games ffs. 

When fans are being blamed it normally means you have players and staff at the club who are not good enough or capable enough of playing/working/running a club with high expectations. 

• Like 2