Owls Badge

Of all the things DC has got wrong since he took over, the badge isn’t one of them imo. The cartoon avatar badge was clever, but I’d much rather see a traditional badge any day. You can’t see Liverpool or Man United wanting to mess about with their club crests too much. I do agree that the darker blue colour looks even better though. 

if we’d been really unlucky, DC might have done a Tan and changed our strip completely. Perhaps making us play in red white and blue to reflect his national colours. We’ve got bigger things to worry about right now, than whether we like the badge or not. Mind you, I love it! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, madowl47 said:

Never thought I’d say this. After supporting Wednesday for over 30 years I never thought I would miss a match. 

Looking back to when football was real.  I dream of those days , Jack Howard Big Ron even Tricky Trev. Fantastic times and a proper football club. 

Now .. The Wednesday that I loved are gone.  Identity had changed.   How have the fans allowed this to happen. 

Give us our proper badge back. This club is much bigger than any man.  

MY 'shirt'...How i feel in a nutshell,AGE? YEAH it could be,my Wednesday  are a team that play in traditional 'blue & white stripes' with an 'Old School' badge..WHY? its just a  shirt & a badge 'INNIT'?..NO it isnt, Its a UNIFORM   When you put it on,your wearing the same shirt that those went before you wore ....It should come with both a sense of achievement and shared pride to wear.More it should be EARNED in this case by skill & previous achievement,or if a youth player come good,POTENTIAL.

Players wearing that shirt,should stand a little taller,..(not like now,where they are 5,6 tall,but 6-4,when they stand on theIr PAY PACKET..) You have a responsibility to live up,to what wearing a Wednesday shirt MEANs (or rather SHOULD mean..)

It should MEAN  something to get a shirt,& hurt like hell to be dropped, & lose it......Now use that 'template' of a Wednesday player in the last 5 Years,you feel would be fit to wear 'MY' Shirt...

Coming down that tunnel,to run onto the Hillsborough pitch,with a wednesday shirt on,should be akin to John Travolta,doing his moves in 'Sat Night Fever'

(waits for the 'Memes'..ha ha)

I get that those who grew up in the 70s and 80s are attached to the old stencil owl, but I don't understand where this notion that we've thrown away our tradition / identity has come from?

We've gone back to our original club badge...what could be more traditional than that?

Everton-V-Sheffield-Wednesday-FA-Cup-Final.jpg.935686dd3bf9ba9603f8ddcdb7754366.jpg

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

12 hours ago, madowl47 said:

Never thought I’d say this. After supporting Wednesday for over 30 years I never thought I would miss a match. 

Looking back to when football was real.  I dream of those days , Jack Howard Big Ron even Tricky Trev. Fantastic times and a proper football club. 

Now .. The Wednesday that I loved are gone.  Identity had changed.   How have the fans allowed this to happen. 

Give us our proper badge back. This club is much bigger than any man.  

Depends what you mean by the proper badge? The one we have now that has been in existence albeit in other similar guises for the majority of the clubs existence or the one from the 70s?

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I get that those who grew up in the 70s and 80s are attached to the old stencil owl, but I don't understand where this notion that we've thrown away our tradition / identity has come from?

We've gone back to our original club badge...what could be more traditional than that?

Everton-V-Sheffield-Wednesday-FA-Cup-Final.jpg.935686dd3bf9ba9603f8ddcdb7754366.jpg

Got that programme with the song sheet from the community singing still in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Last time I talked to him he had his head in a betting app and a pint of lager in the other hand. Not to mention being a few err pounds overweight :duntmatter:

SO?.....he got middle aged and maybe stopped training every day He was (is) a working class lad from the Manor,come good,and playing Football for his boyhood team...Perhaps his knee's etc are f***ed from all the running around he did.

Mel NEVER gave less than 100% as a Player.....none of our current lot allegedly in my view would stand a player by player comparison to him on,effort,commitment, and LOVE of our Club.

Plenty of ex Para's out there,very fit men in their day,now resembling a darts player of the 70s...let alone ex pro footballers...