Owls Badge

8 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I agree with you.  The way you put it with saying 'Even', I thought you were being flippant.  I can't stand it when people rave about Big Ron (who did take us down) yet tricky Trev is looked down upon.  Can't stand the 'It was Big Ron's team' argument either.

Ive upset most people with my 

badge

goal kicks 

discussions. Better not start the Francis debate 

I'll bite.

Him and the Chairman unravelled this club and left it in the place that was so bad that the people who had to watch it think Carlos was the second coming.

They undid all the hard work Charlton, Wilkinson and Atkinson did by spending money on overpriced and overpaid has beens.

Good player though lol

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I'll bite.

Him and the Chairman unravelled this club and left it in the place that was so bad that the people who had to watch it think Carlos was the second coming.

They undid all the hard work Charlton, Wilkinson and Atkinson did by spending money on overpriced and overpaid has beens.

Good player though lol

instead of today’s over priced never have been and never will be’s 

I thank Trevor for the greatest time we saw at Hillsborough. 

Teams change.  Yes Ron was brilliant. But walked out on us.  And still idolised above Trevor. 

it’s the manly thing to do .. I get it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, madowl47 said:

instead of today’s over priced never have been and never will be’s 

I thank Trevor for the greatest time we saw at Hillsborough. 

Teams change.  Yes Ron was brilliant. But walked out on us.  And still idolised above Trevor. 

it’s the manly thing to do .. I get it. 

and under Trevor we got worse and worse and won nothing.........but if thats your thing I get it.

Guest hk_owl
On 29/07/2020 at 17:07, madowl47 said: 

89075D8D-859C-4EF2-8A41-05AEF895BBA9.jpeg

The felt badges on the replica kits weren’t the best, but the slightly bigger embroidered version on the players shirts was perfect.

Love it or hate it, the minimalist owl is our logo... and I’ve said it before on this forum, the worst part is that we’ve just rolled over and are allowing OVO and Bellroy to use it on their premium products.

If Chansiri prefers the shield - fine - stick the minimalist one on T-shirt’s or other merchandise... and get a lawyer on the phone...

34 minutes ago, hk_owl said:

Love it or hate it, the minimalist owl is our logo... and I’ve said it before on this forum, the worst part is that we’ve just rolled over and are allowing OVO and Bellroy to use it on their premium products.

If we had objected then I doubt very much we would have been successful in any claim. Their logos are similar to ours, but certainly different enough that the average person wouldn’t get them confused. Or at least we’d have to prove it would harm our brand.

Edited by punkskaphil

Interestingly though, Drake is trying to sue Bellroy as Bellroy are competing with apparel under their collaboration with the Clae brand. It seems to have only started since Bellroy slightly altered the shape of their owl to make it more upright.

On 27/07/2020 at 23:05, madowl47 said:

Never thought I’d say this. After supporting Wednesday for over 30 years I never thought I would miss a match. 

Looking back to when football was real.  I dream of those days , Jack Howard Big Ron even Tricky Trev. Fantastic times and a proper football club. 

Now .. The Wednesday that I loved are gone.  Identity had changed.   How have the fans allowed this to happen. 

Give us our proper badge back. This club is much bigger than any man.  

What!!!  We changed the badge..  When did this happen??   WTF:

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Genuine question for those who were around at the time: when the club ditched the crest of the previous 17 years and suddenly adopted the stencil-style 70s badge, what was the reaction like? Was there one? Or is worrying over things like this a more modern phenomenon?

It was mocked and hated in equal measure.