Owls Badge

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

SO?.....he got middle aged and maybe stopped training every day He was (is) a working class lad from the Manor,come good,and playing Football for his boyhood team...Perhaps his knee's etc are f***ed from all the running around he did.

Mel NEVER gave less than 100% as a Player.....none of our current lot allegedly in my view would stand a player by player comparison to him on,effort,commitment, and LOVE of our Club.

Plenty of ex Para's out there,very fit men in their day,now resembling a darts player of the 70s...let alone ex pro footballers...

I think the point has gone straight over your head mate

5 minutes ago, jomaco said:

proper classic the one you drew in school and stuff, getting used to the new one but still prefer

New badge is ok. It's a slightly poo version of the pre70s badge. I quite liked the one on the Di Canio shirt  - minus the SWFCs - but I think I'll be in a minority. 

image.png.b63d255b622d81698c5226c0fcb45f26.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I was aiming the point at that Mel (who I loved) is past his best and times have moved on a bit like the 1970s/80s badge and kit

ha ha Yeah i dont do cryptic mate....no harm done,we are ALL past our best,ALL TOO SOON...sadly......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

See, I just look at that and think: 70s.

Fair enough. I just look at the current badge and think: not my club.

Sure the current one is traditional, but by Jove, it looks so dated...

5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don't buy this notion that it's changed our identity. I like it...i prefer the 1973-95 emblem, but things change. I dare say it'll change back to the 1973 or the 99 version in years to come.  

image.png.25722d9102b68e7e1be0f9948f228d25.png

image.png.b36f9422f4ad097937006f455e3b3f20.png

I really hated it when we changed the traditional blue and white stripes a couple of years ago.
But dont mind any of those badges, all say Sheffield Wednesday to me.
Think the one I like least is the 1973-95 one and its the one I grew up with.

• Like 1

For me, the current badge is just far too detailed. 
It feels too close to Oldham (the other club with an Owl on their badge).
It also really struggles on a striped shirt, where as on the solid blue shirt it worked better.

We are "The Owls"! It should be a simple stylish Owl. Same as Swansea & Wolves.
Wolves are the best example. Night games, orange flames and darkness, how good have they looked on tv coming out at the start.

Our Owl video we have that swoops in is amazing. We should own being The Owls more and build the club atmosphere around it.

30 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

For me, the current badge is just far too detailed. 
It feels too close to Oldham (the other club with an Owl on their badge).
It also really struggles on a striped shirt, where as on the solid blue shirt it worked better.

We are "The Owls"! It should be a simple stylish Owl. Same as Swansea & Wolves.
Wolves are the best example. Night games, orange flames and darkness, how good have they looked on tv coming out at the start.

Our Owl video we have that swoops in is amazing. We should own being The Owls more and build the club atmosphere around it.

image.png.cf3384ddaa7bdaaaf387543535647645.pngimage.png.d90b50fcf332557956a3d1f9a79deb1a.png

Mmm remarkably similar:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Django said:

Agreed

Can someone make it happen

Thanks for getting involved in this. 

id go as far to say it to bring the proper badge simple owl back to Sheffield Wednesday would be a great move.  

Some very interesting views. Maybe it is because the simple owl badge Symbolises how I see Wednesday .. from when I started supporting them.  

All of the good times revolve around that little simple owl .. and I’m not ashamed to say has been a fantastic part of my and many others lives. 

it’s not a “look at me post”. As some idiot suggested.  Can’t stand that. 

I’m passionate about how we see our club. That little simple owl works and gives people pride.   

How many tattoos out there have the simple owl. ? I’m guessing not many have followed the new design. 

a poll should go out ... bring back the simple owl logo (I agree no crest) 

this is a start for DC to realise we are a proud bunch of supporters. And change for changes sake should be the correct ones. 

to see the proper owl on the front of the mop again no crest would be amazing. 

very passionate about this  .. and I make no apology. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, madowl47 said:

Thanks for getting involved in this. 

id go as far to say it to bring the proper badge simple owl back to Sheffield Wednesday would be a great move.  

Some very interesting views. Maybe it is because the simple owl badge Symbolises how I see Wednesday .. from when I started supporting them.  

All of the good times revolve around that little simple owl .. and I’m not ashamed to say has been a fantastic part of my and many others lives. 

it’s not a “look at me post”. As some idiot suggested.  Can’t stand that. 

I’m passionate about how we see our club. That little simple owl works and gives people pride.   

How many tattoos out there have the simple owl. ? I’m guessing not many have followed the new design. 

a poll should go out ... bring back the simple owl logo (I agree no crest) 

this is a start for DC to realise we are a proud bunch of supporters. And change for changes sake should be the correct ones. 

to see the proper owl on the front of the mop again no crest would be amazing. 

very passionate about this  .. and I make no apology. 

I like the current badge

• Like 1

Current badge is better, don’t mind the 95-99 one 

Others look like a clip art design by some kid during after school detention on MS office 95