Play offs...bah! L**ds! bah! Top 6

Whilst it seemed like we never really got going this season, that we bounced back at first attempt when most don't is something I've got to give Parker a lot of credit for. Last night we did a proper job on Brentford, kept it tight and frustrated them. Sure it may have been dull for the neutral but allowing the game to stretch would only benefit their playing style. I can't remember their 'BMW' having much of an effect on Rodak, he didn't really have to make a save for most of the game. 

We've got a competent squad and have a few decent players returning on loan. Time to establish ourselves as a top flight team again.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Putney said:

Whilst it seemed like we never really got going this season, that we bounced back at first attempt when most don't is something I've got to give Parker a lot of credit for. Last night we did a proper job on Brentford, kept it tight and frustrated them. Sure it may have been dull for the neutral but allowing the game to stretch would only benefit their playing style. I can't remember their 'BMW' having much of an effect on Rodak, he didn't really have to make a save for most of the game. 

We've got a competent squad and have a few decent players returning on loan. Time to establish ourselves as a top flight team again.

If you spend another £100M you might make it this time. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Putney said:

Think Fulham got their tactics spot on and were deserved winners. Whilst I’ve been impressed with our old boys, Onomah and Hector, I’ve been disappointed in Knockaert, who seems a shadow of the player I remember from his Brighton days. Constantly making the wrong decisions and giving the ball away, he wasn’t the player I recalled

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Think Fulham got their tactics spot on and were deserved winners. Whilst I’ve been impressed with our old boys, Onomah and Hector, I’ve been disappointed in Knockaert, who seems a shadow of the player I remember from his Brighton days. Constantly making the wrong decisions and giving the ball away, he wasn’t the player I recalled

Totally agree regarding Knockaert, don't know why we made the deal permanent really. Saying that his work-rate is second to none and for what he now lacks in finishing he makes up with his contribution off the ball. Knockaert has been around three good teams in Leicester, Brighton and Fulham that someone like Forest will end up buying him from us, thinking it'll help them go up.

Onomah has been excellent, a really promising player. Some moves/clubs just don't work out for players but he seems to be doing well here under Parker. Has the mobility and strength to work in the Premier League. Hector was really good prior to lockdown, looked alright but shaky since. I think the top of the Championship is probably his level, dread to think what Premier League strikers could do against him but you never know.

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

jyeah.

The Bees were lucky it wasn't 2 -0 10 minutes into the match. 

Oh well... 

I’d trust Parker to spend 100m more wisely than the previous manager did tbh. He was a very intelligent player on his day and knows the league and probably what’s needed.

Time will tell on Hector but I tend to agree that he could be found out at times, and Onomah could be the one that shines more in the top flight.

Best of luck anyway. 

2 hours ago, Putney said:

Totally agree regarding Knockaert, don't know why we made the deal permanent really. Saying that his work-rate is second to none and for what he now lacks in finishing he makes up with his contribution off the ball. Knockaert has been around three good teams in Leicester, Brighton and Fulham that someone like Forest will end up buying him from us, thinking it'll help them go up.

Bournemouth or Watford would be my guess

Especially being as Watford will lose at least one (Delefeou) and possibly 2  (Sarr) wide players

Pereyra is almost certainly gone too