Play offs...bah! L**ds! bah! Top 6

12 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Don't think Fulham have the same threat upfront without Mitrovic. I hope Brentford do it but nothing against Fulham. Its good to see the 2 best sides in the final. 

Brentford will definitely be the neutrals' favourite. Play good football, well run and a new face in the top flight. Can't stay up for too long otherwise it'll ruin Super Sunday for half of Owlstalk when Forest still aren't promoted and they have to watch Brighton vs Brentford.

Read that if Brentford go up then they'll be the 50th club of the 92 to play in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Well done to Fulham. From looking shaky a few weeks ago they have ground out the results. 

That said, I will be cheering on Brentford in the final. Fulham have had a good crack of it in the PL in the last 20 years, would be nice for a club as well run as Brentford to be rewarded. 

• Like 1

Fulham should have won the league with their squad, even if they go up (not as though they'll care) they have underachieved.

I feel wether Brentford go up or not players like Benrahma will be picked off by bigger clubs, looking on their message board before the 2nd leg some of their fans think the current team would be comfortable mid-table in the PL, not convinced by that as I don't think they're good enough defensively.

Look at last season, Norwich were the best team but would win games 3-2, 4-3 United on the other hand were solid at the back which has helped them.

both like the ball so should be an interesting game, edging towards Fulham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

Fulham should have won the league with their squad, even if they go up (not as though they'll care) they have underachieved.

I feel wether Brentford go up or not players like Benrahma will be picked off by bigger clubs, looking on their message board before the 2nd leg some of their fans think the current team would be comfortable mid-table in the PL, not convinced by that as I don't think they're good enough defensively.

Look at last season, Norwich were the best team but would win games 3-2, 4-3 United on the other hand were solid at the back which has helped them.

All good points. There is a naivety there thinking that playing attractive football equals a comfortable finish in the Premier League.

The current Fulham team *if* they go up will likely fare better than the one that went up a few years ago as Parker will play for 0-0 away. The sides currently in the Premier League are no mugs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

I think it is easy to get a distorted view of how good you'll be in the Prem just because you boss it in the Championship.

I think Brentford are an excellent side, but if they do go up, then I think there's a fair chance they'd get torn a new one in the Prem. I know they've improved defensively this season, but I'm not sure Jansson and Pinnock are good enough for the Prem. 

In the season just gone, the one team who excelled were Shef U, who played a pragmatic, organised game. On the other hand the *football* sides in Norwich and Villa struggled from the get go.

There's nothing that these Prem teams like more than a team coming up and trying to outplay them.

• Like 1