Making Colin Welcome Tonight

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We should make him welcome as it might help encourage him to take the hot seat when it inevitably becomes available.

..one of the only managers around with a proven record of getting teams promoted - what we will need of we are to ever get back to the Prem. 

The fact he has managed some of our rivals (successfully) and is viewed with suspicion by some fans is irrelevant in our current postion.

Probably more the fact that he's publicly stated he would take the Weds job with the sole intention of getting us relegated.

That's what I really don't like about Warnock; the level of vitriol that comes from somebody who is supposedly a 'professional' football manager. Compare him with say Wilder and I can begrudgingly respect Wilder, his style of play and what he's done for the Blunts, but Colin - no. Just no. He absolutely despises us with a passion and is not afraid of mouthing off about it (now I've said that I'll brace for all the Wider quotes where he says he'd take a dump on the Kop and use the club crest to wipe his backside).

I also dislike him as a pundit and I particularly hated watching MotD when Cardiff were in the PL, and having to listen to the verbal diarrhoea that emerges from that man. My biggest fear is when he retires he throws himself into punditry and is everywhere all the time, scary thought 😳

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Tin hat on - I quite like him

Years ago Wednesday played Palace away when he managed them (it was the game Frankie Simek got that ankle injury IIRC). Back then the away fans were directly opposite the dugout, in the second half we started chanting 'Colin give us a wave, Colin, Colin give us a wave' much to the bemusement of the Palace fans, after about 10 mins the ball goes out of play and Colin walks onto the pitch towards us a gives a huge wave to us. We gave him a cheer and he responded giving us a thumbs up as he retreated to the dugout.

Fair play to him, I say.

Wow.

After that glowing endorsement of his wonderful nature I've changed my mind about him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Probably more the fact that he's publicly stated he would take the Weds job with the sole intention of getting us relegated.

That's what I really don't like about Warnock; the level of vitriol that comes from somebody who is supposedly a 'professional' football manager. Compare him with say Wilder and I can begrudgingly respect Wilder, his style of play and what he's done for the Blunts, but Colin - no. Just no. He absolutely despises us with a passion and is not afraid of mouthing off about it (now I've said that I'll brace for all the Wider quotes where he says he'd take a dump on the Kop and use the club crest to wipe his backside).

I also dislike him as a pundit and I particularly hated watching MotD when Cardiff were in the PL, and having to listen to the verbal diarrhoea that emerges from that man. My biggest fear is when he retires he throws himself into punditry and is everywhere all the time, scary thought 😳

I'm the other way.

I take Neils comments tongue on check,  with a good lashing of salt.

Wilder on the other hand is the epitome of your heavily  chipped porker.

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm the other way.

I take Neils comments tongue on check,  with a good lashing of salt.

Wilder on the other hand is the epitome of your heavily  chipped porker.

I believe the relegation comment was an attempt at humour but too many people took it at face value.

Warnock's a very funny bloke

But he's WAY funnier when you read people getting angry at his windups

Then you realise he'a a ******** GENIUS at taking dimwitted folk and winding them the fooooook up

lol

He's the best at it and it's an essential watch if you study human behaviour

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

taking dimwitted folk and winding them the fooooook up

Imagine if we never knew him or he had the 'personality' of Alan Irvine and only knew about what he had done involving football.

So people only like him because he is a cheeky unfunny (depending on somebodies sense of humour) old WUM, Sheffield is full of them.

He would be hated by everyone on here otherwise.

With Warnock I try to take a broader perspective on things and just think that Football really isn’t the same without characters like him. 

He just has something about him and you know what, I think we could have done with someone like him in charge in the last 5 years or so. He’s the sort of manager who makes players know their place, something that previous managers have struggled to do. He’s also incredibly honest. There was an interview with Chris Wilder the other night after a game they lost and he absolutely slammed his players. Sometimes you need that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Asking for a backhander from Bobby Robson, splitting players appearance bonuses. Break his effing legs shorty , battle of bramall Lane, Aiden Flints star jumps and a myriad of others .

Again...is this any different to any of the top managers. They have all be caught with their hands in the till!! All sorts of dodgy dealings go off when it comes to bonuses, agents and generally money in football. Look at what Chansiri as done...does this make him a vile, odious, corrupt man?? 

I was at the Aiden Flint star jump game and to be honest if i could have got across the pitch i would be locked up now...but when you take a step back look at it, they didn't do a great deal wrong...the officials got it wrong!! Cardiff score by any means they could...positive mentality IMO. The fact it was Warnock compounded the situation!!

If you ever get chance to hear Warnock speak, its interesting and intriguing how he uses his limited ability to get the best of out every situation and every person.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

His allegiance

His antics

Him getting his players to use underhanded tactics, where they're never scared to leave a foot in or injure an opposing player.

His god awful 1980s football, non-stop timewasting, diving, feigning injury, slowing the game down to an almost standstill.

That Cardiff player doing ***** star jumps in front of Dawson and Warnock thinking it's funny. 

Him bending the rules to breaking point and not giving a throw about authority

Him whining after every loss, never taking responsibility and blaming the officials...Even sometimes his players.  

Him being the definition of a man-child

His face and his nose

Him pretending to use his tractor

Him thinking he's funny

Him reminding me of the kind of person I have to share a city with.

So from this post, we established that the blokes a winner and your jealous of his tractor and humour.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

So from this post, we established that the blokes a winner and your jealous of his tractor and humour.

Err.....OK? I guess...er.

Are you suggesting I want to be Colin or want to drive a tractor?  I used to drive a tractor up at Bradway golf range and it wasn't much fun.

• Haha 1