Making Colin Welcome Tonight

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I can’t understand Wednesday fans liking him. He is an odious, corrupt, cheating tvvat. If anything, he hides his true character behind his ‘pantomime villain’. 
Vile, vile man.

Half decent manager.

It's only an act, 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

11FDEF74-7403-4DE7-8564-F9B34E694091.jpeg

delia-smith-neil-warnock-1.jpg.a0e620a94573868d5035938dc2548fb5.jpg

• Haha 6

I like Warnock. And Mick McCarthy.

Best 2 managers we never had.

Surprised nobody mentions John Harris who was a successful manager at the Lane for years. Took them to 5th place in the league in 1962, which they've never bettered since.  Harris and Setters were Jack Charlton's assistants here but nobody had a bad word against Harris.  

• Like 1

We should make him welcome as it might help encourage him to take the hot seat when it inevitably becomes available.

..one of the only managers around with a proven record of getting teams promoted - what we will need of we are to ever get back to the Prem. 

The fact he has managed some of our rivals (successfully) and is viewed with suspicion by some fans is irrelevant in our current postion.

• Like 1

I used to see him in the sandwich shop on his way to training every day on his way to the ground.

He used to have cheese salad on a breadcake with fuckingketchup!!!!

Can’t remember how many times I called him a tramp and he told me to fuckoff 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The 'Battle of Bramall Lane' is a start

I used to think until it was shown that Ullathorne WAS actually injured when he went off.

42 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I like Warnock. And Mick McCarthy.

Best 2 managers we never had.

Surprised nobody mentions John Harris who was a successful manager at the Lane for years. Took them to 5th place in the league in 1962, which they've never bettered since.  Harris and Setters were Jack Charlton's assistants here but nobody had a bad word against Harris.  

Hope it carries on that way.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Aah the old ‘superior intellect can see through the pantomime act’ theory.

Fact remains; Colin is a piggycunt.

Always has been, always will be. 

I always read these type of posts as though it's in a pub surrounded by blokes shouting/saying similar stuff, to try and out fan each other

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The 'Battle of Bramall Lane' is a start

Give over...if you think that there is only warnock who’s done stuff like this then your having yourself on. Look at some of the antics and stunts some of the top managers have pulled over the years. 

If the majority of the people who slate warnock are honest they would say they don’t like him because of his allegiance and the fact we struggle to beat his sides. 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I see these type of comments about Warnock all the time...what do you base this opinion on?

Asking for a backhander from Bobby Robson, splitting players appearance bonuses. Break his effing legs shorty , battle of bramall Lane, Aiden Flints star jumps and a myriad of others .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Give over...if you think that there is only warnock who’s done stuff like this then your having yourself on. Look at some of the antics and stunts some of the top managers have pulled over the years. 

If the majority of the people who slate warnock are honest they would say they don’t like him because of his allegiance and the fact we struggle to beat his sides. 

His allegiance

His antics

Him getting his players to use underhanded tactics, where they're never scared to leave a foot in or injure an opposing player.

His god awful 1980s football, non-stop timewasting, diving, feigning injury, slowing the game down to an almost standstill.

That Cardiff player doing ***** star jumps in front of Dawson and Warnock thinking it's funny. 

Him bending the rules to breaking point and not giving a throw about authority

Him whining after every loss, never taking responsibility and blaming the officials...Even sometimes his players.  

Him being the definition of a man-child

His face and his nose

Him pretending to use his tractor

Him thinking he's funny

Him reminding me of the kind of person I have to share a city with.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

His allegiance

His antics

Him getting his players to use underhanded tactics, where they're never scared to leave a foot in or injure an opposing player.

His god awful 1980s football, non-stop timewasting, diving, feigning injury, slowing the game down to an almost standstill.

That Cardiff player doing ***** star jumps in front of Dawson and Warnock thinking it's funny. 

Him bending the rules to breaking point and not giving a throw about authority

Him whining after every loss, never taking responsibility and blaming the officials.  

Him being the definition of a man-child

His face and his nose

Him pretending to use his tractor

Him thinking he's funny

Him reminding me of the kind of person I have to share a city with.

You forgot to add him belittling Chris Kirkland when that scumbag pushed him over.

But yeah he's just a pantomime villain.

• Like 2

Tin hat on - I quite like him

Years ago Wednesday played Palace away when he managed them (it was the game Frankie Simek got that ankle injury IIRC). Back then the away fans were directly opposite the dugout, in the second half we started chanting 'Colin give us a wave, Colin, Colin give us a wave' much to the bemusement of the Palace fans, after about 10 mins the ball goes out of play and Colin walks onto the pitch towards us a gives a huge wave to us. We gave him a cheer and he responded giving us a thumbs up as he retreated to the dugout.

Fair play to him, I say.