Do they know? or is it just speculation?

6 minutes ago, Welsh76 said:

If it’s in the Mirror, it’s probably a load of $hit!

Yeah i know how it goes ,still seems a strange time to print it,'leaks' as we know DO exist...but **** me a 21 point deduction for Wednesday?its the TIMING of the story,more than the content thats worrying me.... I know its in the the 'runners  & riders' of from & too....(or even 'to'!!) Just hope it IS just speculation...IF NOT....

Edited by parajack

Again, no one knows, they are looking at it from a logical view point, there is no way this will be sorted in time, including any appeal, for the points to be deducted this season

So they are saying if we do get a points deduction it will be next season, what any possible deduction would be, they haven't got a clue, just saying 21 for dramatic effect

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Reads like they know nothing more than anyone else.

As i said,why print it now?..Pretty bold statement to declare now that neither will be relegated...ITS THE TIMING  of the story....Will look pretty silly if its wrong...Journo's may have got wind of something....

Edited by parajack

I’ve got to say that is how I thought the timing of the deduction would pan out ...from the beginning of next season although I would hope that the punishment is less than 21 points.

My thoughts turn to Barnsley now, and how I will ever get my pants to dry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

They've another problem coming. Charlton are facing a pts deduction apparently from a mate in London. 

Been under embargo since January 

Didn't realise they were in trouble too. There's a long thread about it on one of their discussion boards here: https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/24799/latest-developments-updates-todays-court 

Talk of administration. Don't know how accurate that is though.

22 minutes ago, poite said:

Imagine starting next season on -21. 

Would be relegation for sure....to get into the current playoffs (6th) it would need more points than the current runaway champions.... Everyone currently outside the top 6 with -21 (and that's assuming the same form which would be unlikely with that weight around their necks) would now be in the bottom 3 and pretty much down

15 points has been turned around (by Leeds) who got into three playoffs (we on the first 5 on the bounce) but that was league one

To summarise, to scrape into the playoffs the team would have to be comfortably the best in the division, to avoid relegation the team would need to be a top 3/4 team

Edited by Shez

10 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Three options (and I know Jack)

-9 points next season.

-12 points next season.

Wednesday win the case.

They cannot deduct points this season once all the matches have been played, surely?

Which might explain the 'timing' of the story.....

• Like 1