Do they know? or is it just speculation?

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's speculation but realistic speculation.

The EFL seem to be waiting for the season to finish before announcing the details.

I've convinced myself we are going to be found guilty, but remain in the Championship and suffer a large point's deduction.

If was Not Guilty it would have leaked by now.   

When the independent (?) committee finally report their findings to the EFL it will be subject to appeal.

If the appeal process is as long winded as the original hearing and it goes against us, we can expect to start next season in the Championship on minus points. How many minus points is anybody’s guess.

Pretty sure this is the way it’s heading and Derby’s case will follow suit. The interesting thing though is that Derby have representation on the EFL committee.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

When the independent (?) committee finally report their findings to the EFL it will be subject to appeal.

If the appeal process is as long winded as the original hearing and it goes against us, we can expect to start next season in the Championship on minus points. How many minus points is anybody’s guess.

Pretty sure this is the way it’s heading and Derby’s case will follow suit. The interesting thing though is that Derby have representation on the EFL committee.

They has to be ruling that doesn't allow that, surely you have to be judged by your peers not yourself.

But then I wouldn't put anything past the EFL.

In terms of Punishments,and allegations of rule breaking by Wednesday,other than 'US' as a Club spending(wasting?) Millions in wages etc ,How exactly has the Club benefited from said 'rule breaking'?We are no further forward,risk relegation, & as a Club,no longer own our ground.

Even IF some rules were broken,and we are found to have contravened rules,this  should be taken into account as 'mitigation'

Unless it is as the French once used as punishment 'Pour Encourage L'es Autre's'....to terrify other owners from following similar,in their quest for(very often 1 Season!!) the Premier League.

COURSE if a team IS promoted,they escape the clutch's of the EFL & any punishment.Any look though at previously promoted teams,Hull, Huddersfield,,etc that dont maintain Premier league status can see what a poison chalice it can be.

EFL should take a step back,look at the bigger(overall) picture,post COVID 19..& Not impose onerous points deductions,which may well be the final straw for frustrated Owners,& struggling Clubs.

Edited by parajack

7 hours ago, Silverstone Owl said:

think starting on -21 would make for (yet another) depressing season, which would in effect be a season long relegation battle.

You can't know that for certain...could end up being the most exciting season in 25yrs.

It would be madness to accept 12/21pts reduction now and lay down without a fight.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

You can't know that for certain...could end up being the most exciting season in 25yrs.

It would be madness to accept 12/21pts reduction now and lay down without a fight.

You’re quite right I don’t know that for certain, and how could I?

However were Cardiff or Forest to be given a 21 point deduction now they would only be 1 point above the relegation zone. That level of deduction would confirm or make relegation extremely likely for any team not in the top 6. Which gives an indication of how difficult it would be to overcome a handicap of that magnitude at the start of a season.

We would be further punished because clearly it will not aid recruitment starting on -21, therefore my suggestion is better to take it now and start rebuilding in league 1 than try to do so in the Championship with a point deduction of that size. 

I agree with your view though if it’s a 12 point deduction, which can clearly be overcome, under those circumstances it would be foolish to hope for that being applied before the season formally ends. 

Edited by Silverstone Owl

13 hours ago, Beholder said:

Id rather be relegated this season that be slapped with 21 points and definite relegation next season.

The EFL is corrupt AF 

They are a governing body, whose job is to enforce rules.  We may not like them for doing it, as we have fallen foul, but there is no evidence whatsoever that they are corrupt. 

Incompetent on the other hand.....

• Like 1

EFL punishing ambition.

Clubs spend big to compete with the parachute clubs.

We're not skint, we're just not allowed to spend.

Depending on who else is affected, we could form a junta and refuse to play.

No way should we accept a 21-points deduction.

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

EFL punishing ambition

They're punishing rule breaking if that's what we've done.

Clubs spend big to compete with the parachute clubs.

True enough

We're not skint, we're just not allowed to spend.

You have no idea whether that's true. The 10 year season ticket, for example, would generally be the type of thing designed to help cash flow not the P&L account.

Depending on who else is affected, we could form a junta and refuse to play.

Good luck with that one. I think Galtieri is dead. 

No way should we accept a 21-points deduction.

What do you propose we do about it?  Stamp our feet and scream?

Football is a grown up business. A lot of the arguments about all the picking on us smack of a 5 year old having a tantrum. 

12 hours ago, parajack said:

n terms of Punishments,and allegations of rule breaking by Wednesday,other than 'US' as a Club spending(wasting?) Millions in wages etc ,How exactly has the Club benefited from said 'rule breaking'?We are no further forward,risk relegation, & as a Club,no longer own our ground.

Even IF some rules were broken,and we are found to have contravened rules,this  should be taken into account as 'mitigation'

I know I mugged him and he died but he wasn't even carrying a wallet. I didn't profit from it at all. Please don't send me to jail your Honour - it wouldn't be fair. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

They're punishing rule breaking if that's what we've done.

True enough

You have no idea whether that's true. The 10 year season ticket, for example, would generally be the type of thing designed to help cash flow not the P&L account.

Good luck with that one. I think Galtieri is dead. 

What do you propose we do about it?  Stamp our feet and scream?

Football is a grown up business. A lot of the arguments about all the picking on us smack of a 5 year old having a tantrum. 

Re' picking on clubs, I think that distance from London does have a bearing in these cases - never foul your own nest, and all that.

Didn't Martin Samuel say that we want to spend, but can't?

We get that sort of a deduction, and we're dead anyway.

We don't even know if there'll be a Third Division the season after next.

So make a stand and refuse to play.

Turn it into a cause celebre.

These rules can't stand as long as the relegated PL clubs get such a pay-out.

We're one of the oldest clubs in the country, and this city is the home of football.

If we can't make a stand, who can?

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Re' picking on clubs, I think that distance from London does have a bearing in these cases - never foul your own nest, and all that.

Didn't Martin Samuel say that we want to spend, but can't?

We get that sort of a deduction, and we're dead anyway.

We don't even know if there'll be a Third Division the season after next.

So make a stand and refuse to play.

Turn it into a cause celebre.

These rules can't stand as long as the relegated PL clubs get such a pay-out.

We're one of the oldest clubs in the country, and this city is the home of football.

If we can't make a stand, who can?

Stand against what?  Rules?  For every Wednesday, Derby, Wigan et al, there are many other clubs that have absolutely no issue following the rules cleanly.  

And guess what, if Wednesday refused to play, we'd be fined, suspended and back before a panel as we are unable (unwilling) to field a team and fulfil a fixture, that's in the rules too.   Wednesday are special to us, but we are a nothing club, we are not special, our existence means little to the world of football.   You might want to be a martyr, but I'd rather we played football  regularly and beat the opposition, not ******** and moan that the EFL have stopped us spending £Ms more on utter dross.

The rules are not the issue, our inability to succeed while staying within the rules are the issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Stand against what?  Rules?  For every Wednesday, Derby, Wigan et al, there are many other clubs that have absolutely no issue following the rules cleanly.  

And guess what, if Wednesday refused to play, we'd be fined, suspended and back before a panel as we are unable (unwilling) to field a team and fulfil a fixture, that's in the rules too.   Wednesday are special to us, but we are a nothing club, we are not special, our existence means little to the world of football.   You might want to be a martyr, but I'd rather we played football  regularly and beat the opposition, not ******** and moan that the EFL have stopped us spending £Ms more on utter dross.

The rules are not the issue, our inability to succeed while staying within the rules are the issue.

The 'rules' ARE the issue mate,with respect because my understanding is,said 'rules' were put in place to avoid Clubs overspending and finishing up in administration,etc...and allegedly to give all clubs a fair crack at Promotion.

They are allegedly failing & not working!!! Rules for 'rules' sake? Blackburn in my opinion(as an example) Nor Wigan another,smaller Northern Clubs,would in my view have had little,or no chance of reaching the Premiership(let alone winning it.!!.) Without a wealthy benefactor being prepared to invest Millions.Its always been that way.....

And how could the EFL(with a straight face) take points off Wigan for going into Administration('rules' again) when they themselves allegedly surely must be at fault too?(due diligence on owners/Club take overs?).

Games broken we know that,but thats NOT a reason to challenge the way its being run..just my thoughts...

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

Against a 20-point deduction at the beginning of next season, which means that we would be playing from day one with only certain relegation at the end of it.

That's not a punishment, it's pure vindictiveness.

Edited by Athelwulf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Against a 20-point deduction at the beginning of next season, which means that we would be playing from day one with only certain relegation at the end of it.

That's not a punishment, it's pure vindictiveness.

Yeah and IF we appeal like Wigan,it costs us Half a Million quid.....Wigan(in administration) alegedly having to sell Players just to fund their appeal...couldnt make it up,you really couldnt...its 'Alice through the looking glass' stuff...Q: where is the EFLs credibility here? Someone tell me..