Do they know? or is it just speculation?

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

21 points next season better than 12 this season.

Would take that. We are in the wrong.

Well it would have saved a lot of time if you were on the panel, we are in the wrong so could have been sorted out and the points taken off us months ago

Shame you didn't tell the panel your findings

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If there is any kind of known points deduction on the table it’s a difficult one as if the appeal fails and it’s into next season then it’s effectively 2 years at least with a league one team full of kids. We haven’t felt the “benefit” of this spending for a long time now and the EFL have had us on a leash for 2/3 years already.

Wont happen but assuming we get docked points and appeal is more on an error in process rather than a judgement call I.e. unlikely to succeed. Would we be better taking it now and rebuilding next season? I guess even with championship income we could prepare better for league one in 2021...

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How, if they apply the deduction after the last game, its still 12 points taken off. Makes no difference to the final outcome. 12 points today is still the same as 12 points tomorrow.

A few seasons ago Leeds went into Admin as soon as they knew they were down anyway, thus negating the punishment of losing 12 points. The league hit them with a deduction the season after. Since then they've held off deductions til season end. If a team finishes in the bottom 3 anyway without the deduction then it's carried over. Any other position they finish its applied in the current season. That's why Wigan haven't had points taken off yet. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If there is any kind of known points deduction on the table it’s a difficult one as if the appeal fails and it’s into next season then it’s effectively 2 years at least with a league one team full of kids. We haven’t felt the “benefit” of this spending for a long time now and the EFL have had us on a leash for 2/3 years already.

Wont happen but assuming we get docked points and appeal is more on an error in process rather than a judgement call I.e. unlikely to succeed. Would we be better taking it now and rebuilding next season? I guess even with championship income we could prepare better for league one in 2021...

No we need to be in Championship next season, we don't even know the make up of League 1 next season if crowds aren't allowed back

Stay where we are, take any punishment, if there is any, and rebuild in a higher division

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How, if they apply the deduction after the last game, its still 12 points taken off. Makes no difference to the final outcome. 12 points today is still the same as 12 points tomorrow.

But that's not how it's done.  Rules are clear for administration when the deduction is applied.

You’d think not Dronfield Blue but they fined (heavily) and banned Forrestieri even after he was acquitted in a Court of Law.

They are a law to themselves and as most sane people know the EFL in its current guise are a complete joke. They have set regulations that now they rigorously stick to without any thought of individual circumstances.

There motto must be ‘We are Law so conform or else’ !!!!!!?

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Minus 21 start of next season would make it a very difficult season and we would have problems attracting any decent players.

If we got off to a bad start which is likely with a lot of new players not bedded in yet would be a slow death towards relegation.

We could claw back minus 12 though. 

10 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

They've another problem coming. Charlton are facing a pts deduction apparently from a mate in London. 

Been under embargo since January 

Under embargo whist the transfer window is shut. Wow that’s some punishment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

You’d think not Dronfield Blue but they fined (heavily) and banned Forrestieri even after he was acquitted in a Court of Law.

They are a law to themselves and as most sane people know the EFL in its current guise are a complete joke. They have set regulations that now they rigorously stick to without any thought of individual circumstances.

There motto must be ‘We are Law so conform or else’ !!!!!!?

That was the FA.

2 hours ago, the third man said:

No we need to be in Championship next season, we don't even know the make up of League 1 next season if crowds aren't allowed back

Stay where we are, take any punishment, if there is any, and rebuild in a higher division

Yeah thinking about it that is probably right. But I do think we would really struggle to sign players good enough and it would have a depressing effect on the club as bad as a relegation as essentially we would be waiting for just that. Then we would need to pick that team up for league one.

Im still hopeful that we will be able to avoid this as whilst we have made a joke of the rules (they are a joke) there isn’t anything that says we can’t do it!

Edited by Bluesteel

13 hours ago, poite said:

Imagine starting next season on -21. 

I’d rather just take the hit now and start next season in league 1. At least we’d start the season with a clean(ish) slate spending wise and with all things possible ref promotion etc...

I think starting on -21 would make for (yet another) depressing season, which would in effect be a season long relegation battle.

Besides this a successful campaign in league one (and I realise that’s far from certain!) might provide a springboard to bring back much needed confidence on the pitch to progress in The Championship (mind you that also ignores the incredibly negative element of our fan base.......)

Still one can hope..........’NURSE is it time for my medicine yet?’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why don't the EFL just deduct every club 12 points as the rate it's going they will be spending all next season dishing out fines and deductions.

On second thoughts It may just be easier to start afresh and wipe any wrong doing. As the integrity of the EFL and the league is getting beyond a joke. Can't be good for the game and the image for all the sponsors.

• Like 1