Dejphon Chansiri

Dear Dejphon 

It’s not very hard to at least aspire to achieve what similarly sized clubs like Leicester and Southampton have done in the past regarding building a proper infrastructure with proper football people, with results and experience to show for, appointed in key positions. Everything doesn’t have to go through the chairman. 

Is his ego coming in the way, or does he just not know how to build a business? It seems it’s a bit (lot) of both.

Do we even know who’s running the club on a day-to-day basis? Seems to me there’s no plan and no strategy in place. After five plus years that is unforgiveable.

We will never be successful as a football club or sustainable as a business under DC in the long term. Unless he accepts that he needs to bring in people who know what they’re doing. He did seem to do this in the beginning of his term, like Adam Pearson, but who knows why he stopped. 

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Dear Dejphon 

It’s not very hard to at least aspire to achieve what similarly sized clubs like Leicester and Southampton have done in the past regarding building a proper infrastructure with proper football people, with results and experience to show for, appointed in key positions. Everything doesn’t have to go through the chairman. 

Is his ego coming in the way, or does he just not know how to build a business? It seems it’s a bit (lot) of both.

Do we even know who’s running the club on a day-to-day basis? Seems to me there’s no plan and no strategy in place. After five plus years that is unforgiveable.

We will never be successful as a football club or sustainable as a business under DC in the long term. Unless he accepts that he needs to bring in people who know what they’re doing. He did seem to do this in the beginning of his term, like Adam Pearson, but who knows why he stopped. 

“Dear Dejphon” works with the first paragraph, after that not so much. Sid.png.ce4a58b18036e98d9e040ed8890b4572.png.c0de232009804db80dc6b1a6bb78b25f.png

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Dear Dejphon 

Like going into administration (twice was it?) and fleecing local businesses of millions.

Apart from that i don't disagree with the main tone of what you say. 

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Nothing more impactful than a message to the chairman that hasn't been sent to the chairman. 

Reads the forum mate 👀

45 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Like going into administration (twice was it?) and fleecing local businesses of millions.

That may yet come to pass at Sheffield Wednesday.

I suspect you would be one the first to jump to the Chairman's defence if it did.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, A12owl said:

But as with everything else he sees and hears..... Just ignores it 

To be fair if I were chairman of this club I would too

The absolute total nonsense that people demand of him is enough to make any businessman just write off the opinions of the fans 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

I would Like DC to address the ticket prices that have alienate POTG supporters from attending games, in the long run this will lead to less fans attending games as very few fans decide to spend £500-700 on a season ticket. They attend a few games first if they like it, they keep going, or if its a family thing like a dad takes a son and so on.

Currently prices are preventing this from happening, Forest at home Adult prices £33-39, Junior £15, Concessions £23-£39. So a dad wants to take his son £48+ booking fee £4, £52.  

Reduce the season tickets for all adults by £100 if we have 20,000 season ticket holders that could cost the club £2m or the amount we waste on Jordan Rhodes salary each season.

Then set the prices £30 for all games, £10 kids under 18, £15 concession. Get people attending the games again and in the long run you will actually increase the amount of money you bring into the club but also have a happy fan base thinking the are wanted not ripped off.

17 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Pearson was just an example. There are many great managers out there.   

And how many have already turned down,OR shown ZERO interest in coming here when approached?...Jos was right WE(me included) MUST stop living in the 'Wednesday is a big Club'.past.

I was fuming on TV to see pundits Laughing at our 8-0 hammering by Newcastle(think it was a favorite match's/goals segment),seemed the Club,to some in the Game,is still a 'Big' Club.. allegedly one big ****ing JOKE.

Just when ime getting over fuming about that,a couple of nights later,ime watching a best goal celebrations program segment,in another Channel,and up comes Klinsman & his 'dive' celebration against YES you've guessed it WEDNESDAY!! (first run out of it apparently)

Edited by parajack

17 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Waste of time addressing him. Clubs been going downhill for most of his tenure and he’s still too pig headed to act. 

This is my point, everyone can see the club is running in reverse, the answer is so so simple and he has the perfect opportunity to sort this and start a rebuild if only he'd get his head out of the clouds and listen.

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

That may yet come to pass at Sheffield Wednesday.

I suspect you would be one the first to jump to the Chairman's defence if it did.

Why would it & why would I ??

Typical bulls**t statement with no thought, no foundation & no justification.

Another one confusing having no money and having money & not being allowed to spend it.

And another one who thinks every thing is black or white. You are either a DC ‘lover’ or a DC ‘hater’, absolutely no room for anything in between.  It’s like a fuc*in moron virus.

Tell you what mate. Explain to the world your rationale as to why we would or why we would need, to go into administration. 

I’m all ears.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Why would it & why would I ??

Typical bulls**t statement with no thought, no foundation & no justification.

Another one confusing having no money and having money & not being allowed to spend it.

And another one who thinks every thing is black or white. You are either a DC ‘lover’ or a DC ‘hater’, absolutely no room for anything in between.  It’s like a fuc*in moron virus.

Tell you what mate. Explain to the world your rationale as to why we would or why we would need, to go into administration. 

I’m all ears.

Because at some point, DC has a decision to make. He cannot keep throwing money at a project ad infinitum without return. So a number of possibilities arise. One such possibility is administration and it cannot be ruled out. I suspect you would because you tend to be one of the more supportive posters on Owlstalk. I do not hold that against you. You are certainly free to view things from whatever perspective you choose.

"Having money or not being able to spend it".

A bit of a moot issue really. In terms of financial input and balancing the books, they are ultimately one of the same. I certainly think that there is a ceiling that DC will go to and I do not believe he is that rich in comparison to several other football investors.

The other point re: black and white, I couldn't be further away from that description if you tried. I would describe myself as being neither a "lover" or "hater" of DC. I see things that are wrong in his strategy but I also accept that there are mitigating factors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I would Like DC to address the ticket prices that have alienate POTG supporters from attending games, in the long run this will lead to less fans attending games as very few fans decide to spend £500-700 on a season ticket. They attend a few games first if they like it, they keep going, or if its a family thing like a dad takes a son and so on.

Currently prices are preventing this from happening, Forest at home Adult prices £33-39, Junior £15, Concessions £23-£39. So a dad wants to take his son £48+ booking fee £4, £52.  

Reduce the season tickets for all adults by £100 if we have 20,000 season ticket holders that could cost the club £2m or the amount we waste on Jordan Rhodes salary each season.

Then set the prices £30 for all games, £10 kids under 18, £15 concession. Get people attending the games again and in the long run you will actually increase the amount of money you bring into the club but also have a happy fan base thinking the are wanted not ripped off.

This argument has raged for ages but the usual argument that, “reduce the POTG prices and we’ll pack en in” just isn’t borne out & has not been proven economically. 

It has been seen time & again the only thing that packs em in, is a good run on the pitch, nothing else.

Look at the playoffs, I wrote at the start of that season when people were screaming about POTG ticket prices that prices were not the main factor in crowd numbers. I wrote that “when demand outstrips supply” the price will become irrelevant. I got ridiculed that it would never happen at S6 and that the prices would prevent this.

A few months later people begging for log ins & moaning they couldn’t get a ticket regardless of price.

The MORAL argument is a different one, but to argue that when season ticket sales drop because of our current position that POTG would rise is not going to happen.

If the diehards aren’t going to bother, the casual  now & againers certainly aren’t.

Also again, the idea of reducing season ticket prices to attract more people wouldn’t have any significant effect on crowd numbers. It’s a dream and the whole concept economically illiterate with the result that that income stream would be reduced not increased.

12 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Because at some point, DC has a decision to make. He cannot keep throwing money at a project ad infinitum without return. So a number of possibilities arise. One such possibility is administration and it cannot be ruled out. I suspect you would because you tend to be one of the more supportive posters on Owlstalk. I do not hold that against you. You are certainly free to view things from whatever perspective you choose.

"Having money or not being able to spend it".

A bit of a moot issue really. In terms of financial input and balancing the books, they are ultimately one of the same. I certainly think that there is a ceiling that DC will go to and I do not believe he is that rich in comparison to several other football investors.

The other point re: black and white, I couldn't be further away from that description if you tried. I would describe myself as being neither a "lover" or "hater" of DC. I see things that are wrong in his strategy but I also accept that there are mitigating factors.

A well written, well thought out reply & I thank you for the trouble.

I don’t however, think DC has thrown much at it in real terms.

Even compared to the unwashed & the ‘genius who does it without spending a penny’ our spending is relatively frugal. (Maybe in hindsight not spent well), but still relatively frugal in the bigger scheme of things.

I think he will have known what the economic outlay would have entailed & how far he would need to go to achieve his ambition & probably still does.

Whether he was aware of the permanent glass half empty attitude he was to encounter regarding just about everything, is another matter entirely.

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

A well written, well thought out reply & I thank you for the trouble.

I don’t however, think DC has thrown much at it in real terms.

Even compared to the unwashed & the ‘genius who does it without spending a penny’ our spending is relatively frugal. (Maybe in hindsight not spent well), but still relatively frugal in the bigger scheme of things.

I think he will have known what the economic outlay would have entailed & how far he would need to go to achieve his ambition & probably still does.

Whether he was aware of the permanent glass half empty attitude he was to encounter regarding just about everything, is another matter entirely.

I personally think that DC has already invested more than he was initially expecting. There are certainly areas that I believe that we could and should have been much more savvy at, in particular the transfer policy. Buying and selling players is more crucial to managing football finances than ever. The supporters as well as the chairman have to come to terms with as hard as it might be to see prized assets leave, the longer term benefit of the club can be met by selling at the right time. DC needs more of a ruthless touch sometimes i feel.